Lifts I do that I seldom, if ever, see others do

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd View Post
    And to support your claim see how much attention the thread below grabbed...

    Olympic Lift Demonstrations
    It's a shame
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222


  2. Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post
    It's a shame
    Just to play devil's advocate, as a strength & conditioning coach, I'm all about the Olympic Lifts, however, this being primarily a bodybuilding board, power is understandably a secondary concern, or perhaps more accurately, a tertiary concern here, if at all.

    Obviously I train my athlete's with power movements, but if I were personal training someone for bodybuilding purposes, I wouldn't use power movements to optimally stimulate hypertrophy.
    NSCA - CSCS
    •   
       


  3. I don't feel this is primarily a bodybuilding forum. It's quite evenly diverse IMO. I do see your point on that, but still believe those lifts have their place, even in bodybuilding.

    And I think they are more fun.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

  4. In my gym:

    99% doesn't do deadlifts
    95% doesn't do any leg exercise, and of those who do, only a few do squats
    90% doesn't do overhead presses
    90% works on chest and biceps 3 times a week

    My gym sucks....

  5. Quote Originally Posted by luke1984 View Post
    In my gym:

    99% doesn't do deadlifts
    95% doesn't do any leg exercise, and of those who do, only a few do squats
    90% doesn't do overhead presses
    90% works on chest and biceps 3 times a week

    My gym sucks....
    completely agree with that, i lift the same time every night and see the same people and maybe 3 guys lift legs, ridiculous...

    +1 for deadlifts and rack lifts
    •   
       


  6. shoulder boxes great for the rotator cuffs

  7. Quote Originally Posted by luke1984 View Post
    In my gym:

    99% doesn't do deadlifts
    95% doesn't do any leg exercise, and of those who do, only a few do squats
    90% doesn't do overhead presses
    90% works on chest and biceps 3 times a week

    My gym sucks....
    shush...........shhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhh..........

    I dont have to wait for the squat rack as it stand now. Dont ruin it for me.

    Its our little secret. Remember the squat rack is for curls only. lol

  8. Quote Originally Posted by luke1984 View Post
    In my gym:

    99% doesn't do deadlifts
    95% doesn't do any leg exercise, and of those who do, only a few do squats
    90% doesn't do overhead presses
    90% works on chest and biceps 3 times a week

    My gym sucks....

    Well then all the machines and racks for that kind of stuff should be free for you to use.... so u cant really say your gym sucks, maybe just the people that go there.

  9. My firend used to bench press and he would throw the weight up at the top and catch it then come back down. I seen him do it with 135LBS hed throw it up a good 3inches. Dangerous? Yes Impressive? Kinda.

    A show off move showing some skill I guess. Crazy guy.

  10. Romanian Deadlifts
    Good Mornings
    Weighted Chins
    T-Bar Rows - can't believe you guys left this out!

  11. Quote Originally Posted by jakellpet View Post
    Romanian Deadlifts
    Good Mornings
    Weighted Chins
    T-Bar Rows - can't believe you guys left this out!
    YES.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by jakellpet View Post
    Romanian Deadlifts
    Good Mornings
    Weighted Chins
    T-Bar Rows - can't believe you guys left this out!
    Yeah, when I'm doing Romanian Deadlifts people look at me as if I'm royally messing up a regular dead.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by AllMaxBrian View Post
    Yeah, when I'm doing Romanian Deadlifts people look at me as if I'm royally messing up a regular dead.
    haha - I always to a lot of warmup sets with RDFs and GMs - there's a fair bit of balance required

  14. Quote Originally Posted by AllMaxBrian View Post
    Yeah, when I'm doing Romanian Deadlifts people look at me as if I'm royally messing up a regular dead.

    I get taht on Rack Pulls...People look at me weird...I have to assume it is because of the partial range of motion and sh1t ton of weight...

  15. Quote Originally Posted by SoCo4Fun View Post
    I get taht on Rack Pulls...People look at me weird...I have to assume it is because of the partial range of motion and sh1t ton of weight...
    Yeah, some people just don't understand what exercises are if they're not curls or presses...
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. I wonder if I could do that?
    By Rommel65 in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-14-2009, 05:21 PM
  2. if you could only do one lift per muscle...
    By spatch in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-20-2005, 10:49 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-23-2004, 05:35 PM
  4. What to do if you see terrorism...
    By YellowJacket in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-21-2003, 05:54 PM
  5. What do you all eat, if anything, for dessert?
    By JohnGafnea in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-12-2003, 03:22 AM
Log in
Log in