cardio after weights

TNASTYII

TNASTYII

Awards
  • Established
is this ok? or should i get protein in before doing cardio...or just do it at a different time. i really like doing cardio at my gym after lifting but i dont want it to compromise gains...but i need to up my cardio and i hate doing cardio outside. its still cold!!

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
Never do cardio before weights!!

Doing cardio after weights:
This will allow you to use the carbs that your body has stored for ENERGY and for STRENGTH. It will allow you to lift more weight and a higher frequency of weights before failure. Then if you do cardio after your workout, you will have depleted carb levels which will lead to FAT LOSS. This is a no-brainer.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
I read on the alternate link that some guy gets a protein shake in between the lifting and the cardio. That sounds like a good plan to me.
I always do cardio after. If not for how much better you feel leaving it till last, why would you want to sweat it up on the bench press for some other jerk to have to lay on. haha

AllMaxBrian

Awards
I always do cardio after weights, I think taking a protein shake in between would make me nauseous.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Seems like that could be the obvious outcome but what about feeding your muscles after your lifting?
Would we waste that window where your muscle will absorb all the protein you take in with 20 min of cardio?

BettrBdyMitch

BettrBdyMitch

Awards
Seems like that could be the obvious outcome but what about feeding your muscles after your lifting?
Would we waste that window where your muscle will absorb all the protein you take in with 20 min of cardio?
it just gives you 25 more minutes after the 20 to do so- no big deal. typical window is about 45 min.

TNASTYII

TNASTYII

Awards
  • Established
I always do cardio after weights, I think taking a protein shake in between would make me nauseous.
yea ive been doin it after. i agree id prob yack on the treadmill if i had a shake inbetween... and i see people do cardio then go lay on a bench...wtf? i dont wanna lay in sweat either. been cutting down from 215. weighed in at 200.2lbs today! getting there

AllMaxBrian

Awards
yea ive been doin it after. i agree id prob yack on the treadmill if i had a shake inbetween... and i see people do cardio then go lay on a bench...wtf? i dont wanna lay in sweat either. been cutting down from 215. weighed in at 200.2lbs today! getting there
Haha yeah I can't wait to get rid of my sweaty shirt when I'm done with cardio. Way to go on the cut, how far you going?

TNASTYII

TNASTYII

Awards
  • Established
Haha yeah I can't wait to get rid of my sweaty shirt when I'm done with cardio. Way to go on the cut, how far you going?
i really dont know how low im going. my original goal was 185 so im half way there. ive NEVER seen my abs. so..when i see my abs and get pretty cut ill stop. ive always been bigger and had alittle more bf than everyone else. i use to weight 225 in middle school! i went down to 170 in high school but i didnt do it the right way and i didnt know what i was doing. know i know what im doing...losing minimal muscle and cutting bodyfat.
PS- the anabolic diet works wonders for me

AllMaxBrian

Awards
Man, you've made a lot of progress, nice! I've heard good thing about the Anabolic Diet, have been considering it when I cut down.

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
I always figured that cardio before weights burns up ur glycogen stores so you cant lift was well after.....

Also it is my broscience that cardio after weights has a slight influence on spot fat reduction. I wanna say i read somewhere about this..... or im just sooper smart:lol:

MoTiV

Awards
  • Established
Instead of a protein shake I would suggest amino acid/gatorade (powder). It's lighter and gets to the muscles a lot quicker.

I sip aa/gatorade throughout my workout and I'm now transitioning into doing HIIT after some workouts.

TNASTYII

TNASTYII

Awards
  • Established
Man, you've made a lot of progress, nice! I've heard good thing about the Anabolic Diet, have been considering it when I cut down.
it doesnt even feel like i have...but i can def tell a difference in the pics i took and in how my pants fit now. you really should get on the AD when you cut. i love it. you can even gain alittle muscle while cutting with it too. if your body type is like mine and loves to turn carbs into fat you'll do amazing, you wont be hungry even when u have cut your cals. i was always hungry on my caloric deficit carb diet....now im not...AND carb ups are amazing lol!

AllMaxBrian

Awards
it doesnt even feel like i have...but i can def tell a difference in the pics i took and in how my pants fit now. you really should get on the AD when you cut. i love it. you can even gain alittle muscle while cutting with it too. if your body type is like mine and loves to turn carbs into fat you'll do amazing, you wont be hungry even when u have cut your cals. i was always hungry on my caloric deficit carb diet....now im not...AND carb ups are amazing lol!
I've found that when I go low-carb (I'll experiment for a day every once in a while), I don't get hungry at all, and the food is too good to be true.

TNASTYII

TNASTYII

Awards
  • Established
I've found that when I go low-carb (I'll experiment for a day every once in a while), I don't get hungry at all, and the food is too good to be true.
so true....im pretty bloated from the carb up lol. started eating low carb again tho this morning. just had breakfast...breakfast is the best on the AD

BignBad

Awards
is this ok? or should i get protein in before doing cardio...or just do it at a different time. i really like doing cardio at my gym after lifting but i dont want it to compromise gains...but i need to up my cardio and i hate doing cardio outside. its still cold!!
One school of thought is that you should always do some cardio after lifting. The reason is that lifting severely raised blood pressure, esp. on big lifts. This stiffens the arteries temporarily and stiffening is thought to be bad long term. Researchers found that cardio after lifting "softened" the arteries and got blood flow going again. I believe the study was out of Japan...

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
One school of thought is that you should always do some cardio after lifting. The reason is that lifting severely raised blood pressure, esp. on big lifts. This stiffens the arteries temporarily and stiffening is thought to be bad long term. Researchers found that cardio after lifting "softened" the arteries and got blood flow going again. I believe the study was out of Japan...
sounds like another good reason to me..