What's your intrinsic motivation?

What's your intrinsic motivation to workout?

• Socialize at the gym

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I workout to lose weight, then I back off of my routine when I hit my goal

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
littlejeni

littlejeni

Awards
Just a fun poll to see why you love to dedicate so much time to the gym.

buuzer0

buuzer0

Awards
  • Established
Overall health mostly, I just enjoy being fit.

Also checked the one for attention. Not inside the gym itself, but who doesn't like to look good for the opposite sex?

Also checked the one for "see how hard i can push my physique". I'm always looking to improve!

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
strength, power, and being lean.

MasterFlexx

MasterFlexx

Awards
How far I can push myself is always what I look for whether it be cutting or bulking it always amazes me at how much one can lose/gain during a period of time and the discipline thats involved in such a change.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
my next fight my motivation is always what if xx is training harder than me

bkoguy07

bkoguy07

Awards
  • Established
sportssssssssssss

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
so many reasons. mainly, because i don't want to be 126 pounds again. ever.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I love to push myself and test my limits

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I am motivated by many reasons.

1. To be healthy and teach my kids by example on how to eat right, lift weights and push yourself because sometimes good things don't come easy.

2. To be a company representitive that lives the lifestyle and walks the walk and represents to the best of my ability.

3. Stress relief and of course vanity.

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
To have functional strength and a good physique.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
To see how far I can push my physique / Overall health

I also do enjoy the attention I get while working out :D

310lifter

310lifter

Awards
for me, it's multiple reasons:

i get the high postworkout - at times, it's intense...feels so good...wish i could get it on a regular basis

attention - i may look better now than i've ever before.

pushing my body - 1st time i deadlifted 315, or when i benched 225x6...it's just an awesome feeling.

health - both mental (great stress relief) and physical benefits are tremendous.

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established
Stress relief...see how far I can push myself...I love experimenting with supps...the science behind all of it is quite interesting to me...

Lacradocious

Lacradocious

Awards
  • Established
Over all health, but mostly to push myself to see how far I can go. It feels great to set goals and then crush them. The gym is my release. It is the only positive way I have to let go of negative energy, anger, and stress from my day.

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
I wanna look like a greek sculpture. Perfection is a powerful message.

firefighter2032

firefighter2032

Awards
  • Established
Couldn't vote above because it wasn't listed. I workout to let the demons out so to speak. Nothing is better (except sex) for getting rid of all your frustrations than grunting and groaning and pushing the most weight you can. Oh yeah and I love the adrenaline rush during the workout.

BettrBdyMitch

BettrBdyMitch

Awards
I do it for a couple reasons

1- overall health
2- preventative measures for when I'm older
3- post workout "high"
4- enhanced sex life because my lady loves that I take control and can toss her around because of my strength and libido
5-self confidence

buuzer0

buuzer0

Awards
  • Established
Couldn't vote above because it wasn't listed. I workout to let the demons out so to speak. Nothing is better (except sex) for getting rid of all your frustrations than grunting and groaning and pushing the most weight you can.
This week... it's because of this. Much better and more productive than punching holes in walls...:chairshot::aargh:

or people

:biglaugh:

AllMaxBrian

Awards
I just love to do it. And seeing how far I can push myself is a nice bonus.

OzzY SluGGa

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I would have to say without doubt, all the above! Can change and sway a bit depending on life circumstances. I also like that its the one area of my life I have complete an utter control of. Economy can affect your job, Women can break ya heart, people can die, all kinds of bad things can happen in life. but the condition of your body....is COMPLETELY in your hands. Its the one thing i truly control.
but you left out the nice feeling when a chick you like digs your bod!:bruce3:

OzzY SluGGa

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I just realized a lady started the thread! no wonder that motivation was left out! lol

God damn, im moving to Alabama.....:bigeyes:

firefighter2032

firefighter2032

Awards
  • Established
I would have to say without doubt, all the above! Can change and sway a bit depending on life circumstances. I also like that its the one area of my life I have complete an utter control of. Economy can affect your job, Women can break ya heart, people can die, all kinds of bad things can happen in life. but the condition of your body....is COMPLETELY in your hands. Its the one thing i truly control.
but you left out the nice feeling when a chick you like digs your bod!:bruce3:
Got to say I agree with Ozzy on the controlling your body. I as a firefighter can't imagine the day when a fire happens and someone is trapped inside and I'm not able to get them out because my ass is out of shape. I can't even start to imagine the guilt I'd have.

OzzY SluGGa

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Got to say I agree with Ozzy on the controlling your body. I as a firefighter can't imagine the day when a fire happens and someone is trapped inside and I'm not able to get them out because my ass is out of shape. I can't even start to imagine the guilt I'd have.
And isnt it great to know thats in your hands! you control your shape, and a kilo (or pound) will always be a kilo (or a pound). the weights will never lie to you. BTW, great gladiator comment Mate, LOVE that movie. :D what an awesome Aussie actor too. lol

And again....Im going to Alabama! yeeew:biglaugh:

firefighter2032

firefighter2032

Awards
  • Established
Good catch...not too many people know what the quote is from. I get a chill down my spine everytime I watch the movie and hear him say that.

And love the "the weights never lie" Cause to me, they don't make themselves lighter just to make you feel better, they are what they are, and if you can't lift them it just means you need to try harder.

My fait is in my hands...it is up to me to determine my end game.