basketball

1. basketball

I was just wondering is basketball a good enough cardio before lifting?

2. I dont see why not. I try to vary exercises as much as possible. Anything to get me sweating!
    •   

3. Oh man basketball is intense, that used to be my only cardio. It got me really really ripped up. I'm going to start swimming on days when I'm not balling (so i can heal i guess basketball makes me really sore)... this is all in like march when i plan on cutting..

4. ok thanks

5. basketball is awesome cardio. Well it's aerobic and anaerobic.

But why before lifting? Warming up is one thing (like a 5 - 10 min walk) but intense cardio just wears you out.

6. well i lift in a football thing and before i play around with other people for a lil bit

7. Quote Originally Posted by istal View Post
    well i lift in a football thing and before i play around with other people for a lil bit

tru, well any intense cardio before lifting negatively impacts the lifting simply because it burns a lot of glycogen and fatigue the muscles. warming up is different though, like 5 - 10 mins of power walking or light jogging will warm up the muscles and wont use a great deal of glycogen.

if your using basketball as cardio to burn fat or gain fitness etc., i'd say do it on a different day to weightlifting. Because basketball more or less is a form of HIIT if you're playing a proper game. So you need to be fuelled for it.

8. oo thank you boyfromaus

9. basketball would be a hell of an exercise soccer would be nice too

Similar Forum Threads

1. whites only basketball?
    By lennoxchi in forum General Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-22-2010, 08:16 PM
  2. In season (basketball)
    By Ligonozrk in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-03-2009, 02:03 PM
  3. Keep **weight** during basketball