Is P90x essentially Crossfit?

1. Registered User
    Answers

Thumbs up Is P90x essentially Crossfit/Core Training?

Interested in those that have purchased P90x...it is essentially CrossFit/Core Training? If so, I am interested in knowing how to implement this type of workout at my local gym. Been doing the typical cardio and weight lifting for years and finally interested in mixing things up a bit.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Answers

I have not personally done P90x, but no it is not the same. There are some similarities, but they are not the same nor do they really follow he same doctrine.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  3. Registered User
    Answers

not even close
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

What he said.

I'll go further and say that anyone who pays good money for that nonsense should be smacked across the back of the head.

A good crossfit-esque routine would be Marc McDougal's Lose Fat Like You're On Crack,which is available for free in the mindandmuscle.net magazine section.
  5. Registered User
    Answers

Thumbs up

Any suggestions then on how to implement CrossFit into the gym?

Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post
    I have not personally done P90x, but no it is not the same. There are some similarities, but they are not the same nor do they really follow he same doctrine.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.
    Answers

If you pay for a gym membership already but want to do crossfit try to find a crossfit gym in you area they have them all over, but some of them the memberships are very expensive
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Jaegernaut View Post
    If you pay for a gym membership already but want to do crossfit try to find a crossfit gym in you area they have them all over, but some of them the memberships are very expensive

If you look on the main crossfit page to the right and scroll down you will find a list of crossfit affiliates. You can find one or a few near you and look at their web page. Some do unfortunately have expensive memberships, but many also offer a free Saturday session or you can drop in on a session for like 10 bucks or so.

Now, money aside if you want to incorporate crossfi in the gym you can simply look at the crossfit main web page and see what the workout of the day is and then do it at the gym. I do this all the time, all the time. Depending on what you want to do you can also take and pick parts of crossfit workouts and fit them into a general weight training session as well.

Any more questions keep asking. There are a few of us here that really do love crossfit and are more than happy to try and answer any questions you may have.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  205 lbs.
    Answers

all of these programs. p90x, corssfit, etc. you can find for free
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  175 lbs.
    Answers

I'm not familiar with crossfit but I do have P90X. If I'd known last year I could have gotten the same material for free I would have saved me some cash. Either way, some of my friends benefit from my P90X set, so for me it was money well spent.

Now I got to research crossfit.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

I don't know it has its similarities , I am currently doing p90x to shed some excess fat. And when you break it down it is very similar, constant movements, very small rest periods the primary difference seems to be that p90x is more structured to the home user with little to no equipment
  11. Registered User
    Answers

While CrossFitters will generally argue that that are different, they are, for all intents and purposes, the same. Both boast constantly changing moves and routines so your muscles are "confused" and never plateau. Lack of boredom 'cause you’re always doing new routines. Ballistic, intense workouts where you are always pushing the envelope, etc. But in reality, this is like the majority of General Physical Preparedness protocols. Do you really think that your musculature knows if you are doing CrossFit vs. P90x vs. some other similar GPP protocol?
  12. Registered User
    Answers

Guess I will take a look at Crossfit.com, still unclear really how to implement this into the gym for just starting out.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fatburner2007 View Post
    Guess I will take a look at Crossfit.com, still unclear really how to implement this into the gym for just starting out.

What are your goals and expectations and what is your routine like now?
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    What he said.

I'll go further and say that anyone who pays good money for that nonsense should be smacked across the back of the head.

A good crossfit-esque routine would be Marc McDougal's Lose Fat Like You're On Crack,which is available for free in the mindandmuscle.net magazine section.

I might give this a go...looks interesting.
  15. Registered User
    Answers

Thumbs up

Currently do the standard type routines, have my weight and weight/cardio days. Recently incorporated HIIT cardio.

Mainly want to lean out some more; not looking to bulk or anything along that line. Just want to lose some body fat mainly.

Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post
    What are your goals and expectations and what is your routine like now?
  16. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    Thanks for this info. Nice site; nice program. I'll let you know how it works out.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. CROSSFIT
    By alwaysgaining in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 11-20-2009, 07:24 PM
  2. Crossfit Log
    By Highlanda01602 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 01-08-2009, 12:48 PM
  3. Crossfit
    By Highlanda01602 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 12-26-2008, 06:53 PM
  4. Crossfit?? Wtf
    By MEH89 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 09-29-2008, 12:24 AM
  5. Human growth hormone essentially zero...this is good???
    By spinn in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-19-2007, 12:50 PM