Pop went my back

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by NAS View Post
    well today was a pain literally, spent alot of time up and about and bending over(no jokes) and its is really sore and I have pain moving around gettin off the couch etc.. There was no obvious swelling and no brusing or knots so its possibly not a muscle issue, I hate to think about a herniated disk but on the web sites describing symptoms I dont have very many such as tingling, pains into my glutes/legs/calves so I dont know. I did look for TEN/EMS set ups and found one that is reasonable and am thinking about getting it when I get paid. any input on these is more than welcome.
    thanks guys

http://www.lgmedsupply.com/twstteandems.html
    Exactly where I got mine. Hey, if its not getting any better in 2 weeks you might see a doctor.

2. Quote Originally Posted by soseg View Post
    this raises an interesting question... the dangers of T-bar rows?

some of you guys make it sound like the devil...

ive recently started doing them (no belt)... about 120lbs not including the bar weight... im pretty sure im doing them right but is there anything one should watch for when doing these? I keep my back straight and about 45 degrees to the horizontal... lift it up with the legs etc, try not to swing the body ie keep the back steady
    I don't believe in a dangerous exercise. There are some that are higher risks but as long as you keep your low back in position (natural sway) you are not going to have a problem. Problems occur in the low back when lordosis caused (inward curve) or kyphosis (outward curve) and the normal sway is lost. This is what puts an inward/outward stress on the disk. So keep that natural sway in the back, shoulders back and chest out. Kind of like a good squat.

•   

3. Quote Originally Posted by soseg View Post
    this raises an interesting question... the dangers of T-bar rows?

some of you guys make it sound like the devil...

ive recently started doing them (no belt)... about 120lbs not including the bar weight... im pretty sure im doing them right but is there anything one should watch for when doing these? I keep my back straight and about 45 degrees to the horizontal... lift it up with the legs etc, try not to swing the body ie keep the back steady
    In addition to ILBs excellent advice, I would say be careful at the bottom of the movement. With heavy weight, lowering the weight too fast and too far could strain a rhomboid, or worse, knock a thoracic vertebrae out of alignment. Slow and deliberate at the bottom, don't stretch too much,and as your elbows start to bend explode up. I love this exercise for building the middle back. I don't wear a belt either, ever.

EDIT: I'm talking about the old school way of gripping the bar directly or using a double-d handle. It's better to do BB rows than use an actual t-bar IMO.
    Last edited by DavesNotHere; 01-23-2009 at 03:41 PM. Reason: obvious

4. I had something similar happen 3 weeks back while i was deadlifting.. It was in my lower back, but off center, to my right side.. I could not sit, stand, bend, without ridiculous pain.

After about a week and a half went by with no improvement, i decided to give ART a try. After some examination, the Dr said i had(forgot the tech. jargon) something out of wack with my hip which was causing binding in my lower back. He released it, and i stood up, and the pain was literally GONE. I honestly could not believe it.

He wants to see me back 2 more times, and i should be good to go.. I have since done heavy rows, and deads with no pain.

Not saying this is your situation, but just letting you know that it may not be as bad as it seems.

5. Havnt checked this in a while but went to the chiro last monday. No disk problem, side spine xray looks perfect excellent disk space and proper curve. Back view shows curving with my scoliosis and is more exagrated, L4 seems to be where the issue is, muscles are pulling the spine to the left mild at S1, L3, T12, moderate at L1. Very high tension across the muscles in C7, T1&2 and C1 right side only. Dont know if any of that is helpful but he said that my hips were not level and the right hip was rotated up and back causing the misalignment, right leg 1/2 in short. I got an adjustment and I do feel better overall. Recommended 55 visits to fix me, I told him theres no way.
    •   

6. Dude you cannot see a slipped disc on an xray.

7. Quote Originally Posted by NAS View Post
    Havnt checked this in a while but went to the chiro last monday. No disk problem, side spine xray looks perfect excellent disk space and proper curve. Back view shows curving with my scoliosis and is more exagrated, L4 seems to be where the issue is, muscles are pulling the spine to the left mild at S1, L3, T12, moderate at L1. Very high tension across the muscles in C7, T1&2 and C1 right side only. Dont know if any of that is helpful but he said that my hips were not level and the right hip was rotated up and back causing the misalignment, right leg 1/2 in short. I got an adjustment and I do feel better overall. Recommended 55 visits to fix me, I told him theres no way.
    Find an ART practitioner. It is worth a shot.. This sounds damn near what was wrong with me.
    http://www.activerelease.com/providersearch.asp

8. Quote Originally Posted by NAS View Post
    Havnt checked this in a while but went to the chiro last monday. No disk problem, side spine xray looks perfect excellent disk space and proper curve. Back view shows curving with my scoliosis and is more exagrated, L4 seems to be where the issue is, muscles are pulling the spine to the left mild at S1, L3, T12, moderate at L1. Very high tension across the muscles in C7, T1&2 and C1 right side only. Dont know if any of that is helpful but he said that my hips were not level and the right hip was rotated up and back causing the misalignment, right leg 1/2 in short. I got an adjustment and I do feel better overall. Recommended 55 visits to fix me, I told him theres no way.
    Hmmmmmmm.....here is one thing to remember. Anytime you have an injury, muscle constrict causing a cram. This cramping action hinders recovery, hence the reason why muscle relaxers/anti-inflammatory are prescribed. This cramping of the muscle also causes a pull on the side of the spine the injury is on, thus a curve in the spine.

I hate to say this and will probably catch hell for it, but IMHO for the most part a chiropractor's goal is to get you to have treatment for th rest of your life/long term....a physical therapists on the other hand has to the goal to get you treated and back to you normal life asap. IHMO again, I would rather spend my money on a good physical therapists if you really need the care.

9. Or you could find a DC that specializes in sports injuries. Not all chiros are the same...
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Just got back from Emergency room for lower back pain
    By DOMOkun in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-29-2012, 11:19 AM
  2. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-11-2012, 09:39 AM
  3. back to back clen/albuterol cycles?
    By JayRock in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-23-2011, 01:33 AM