Advice on altering my workout days - AnabolicMinds.com

Advice on altering my workout days

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  187 lbs.

Advice on altering my workout days

So heres my weekly workout roughly... as of recently legs go twice a week like this

Mondays = Back & Chest (deads, bench, t-bars, incline db bench & bent over rows)

Tuesdays = Legs (squats, seated calf, leg curls, standing calf, abs)

Thurs = Arms & Shoulders (Military Press, Pull-ups, Dips, close grip bench, bb curls, upright rows)

Friday = exact repeat of Tuesday

now its not really a problem but I am wondering if in your opinions whether I would benefit from... moving my tuesday leg workout to wednesday... keep arms/shoulders on thurs... and move the friday leg workout to saturday

that way after my back workout on monday i get at leat 1 day to some what recover my lower back before i squat... but then by moving my friday squats to saturday I get 1 less day to recover for mondays deads...

thanks

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.

You workout legs twice a week but everything else once? If you workout one body part once a week it should be legs. Biggest muscle in your body. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  187 lbs.

planetfuzz... eh depends...

My legs kinda feel fine and I dont squat till failure
    All the beginner workouts like riptoes etc say squat 3x a week... and from advice on these forums from some guys... some squat 3x a week and are fine with it... dont go to failure

I did it the other week it was fine

tho I had a massive guy come up to me at the gym the other day... not many big guys in my gym but this guy was built like a horse... watching me dead... gives me the compliments "good **** deads are awesome...all the other guys on that side of the gym there dont know what theyre doing with all the curls n bull****... keep it up"
    told me he just did a comp and dead lifted 528lbs... and went on to throw around 310lbs in front of me like it was feathers... quite amazing... but however he advised me that he deads once every 3 weeks... coz it taxes him so much... so everyones different? he did go only 3 reps tho... and ****en when he brought that dead lift back down even at only 310lbs the mirrors on the walls nearly came off!
    Last edited by soseg; 12-30-2008 at 04:30 AM. Reason: typo correction
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by soseg View Post
    planetfuzz... eh depends...

My legs kinda feel fine and I dont squat till failure
    All the beginner workouts like riptoes etc say squat 3x a week... and from advice on these forums from some guys... some squat 3x a week and are fine with it... dont go to failure

I did it the other week it was fine

tho I had a massive guy come up to me at the gym the other day... not many big guys in my gym but this guy was built like a horse... watching me dead... gives me the compliments "good **** deads are awesome...all the other guys on that side of the gym there dont know what theyre doing with all the curls n bull****... keep it up"
    told me he just did a comp and dead lifted 528lbs... and went on to throw around 310lbs in front of me like it was feathers... quite amazing... but however he advised me that he deads once every 3 weeks... coz it taxes him so much... so everyones different? he did go only 3 reps tho... and ****en when he brought that dead lift back down even at only 310lbs the mirrors on the walls nearly came off!
    Wow,that is insane. I suppose it's just about learning your body. I could probably do squats more often but I usually do other leg exercises with the squats so my legs are fried.

I could defiantly handle doing deadlifts less. Nothing hits my back like deads but I f*cking hate them. They are defiantly the most taxing on my body.
  5. Board Sponsor

Should not be a big problem as long as you aren't taking away valuable rest time in between workouts. IMO it is overkill to WO your legs twice a week. If you do it right, once is plenty. Try not to get into the whole "More is better" mind set.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Sleep deprived, altering the workout
    By Zero V in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-05-2008, 09:29 PM
  2. non-workout days
    By 03StangWV in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-29-2007, 11:47 AM
  3. gms on non workout days and/or post workout?
    By sundevil04 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-05-2006, 01:02 AM
  4. Need advice in altering my training, RE hamstring pull
    By Enigma76 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-08-2006, 03:18 PM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-26-2004, 01:13 PM