question about oxygen

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
By increasing oxygen do you increase RBC count or just WBC?

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
http://www.hypoxico.com/client.htm Depending on the cost and http://www.oxyhealth.com/solace-210.html depending on the cost.
Just spoke to another doctor about this today. This is what he said about both.

"Yes, many athletes are now using the hyperbaric chambers for Recovery purposes as well as the hypobaric chamber.
- The HYPERBARIC chamber is not used for increasing RBC, the chamber increases White Blood Cells [also very important].
- It is the HYPOBARIC chamber that increases RBC. Just as important.

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
By increasing oxygen do you increase RBC count or just WBC?
You would have to increase both. The RBC must be increased because 1 hemoglobin molecule can only bind 4 oxygen molecules. Thus, if RBC increases, WBC must also increase do keep the hematocrit in balance.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Should I get both macines or just the hypo. The hyper baric increases WBC and looks like the hypo increases RBC. Also I read the hyper will help with healing of my injury with my rotator cuff.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Getting both I decided

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I do work in a Doctors office so I do get paid fairly well endless people go with generics but other than that yea. Have you seen some of my threads. I have spent money to see if something works. Heck I just bought progenex at 250 bucks or something to see if it works.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I cant imagine being in a machine that deprives me of oxygen. That does NOT sound like fun.

Hey DJ, Its really none of my business, but If ya got that kind of $$ laying around, why are you thinking of messing with CJC instead of just getting HGH? (at least I think it was you that was thinking about getting CJC... disregard if I'm wrong)

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Connivence I like the fact that you only need to do it once a week. Personal preference Plus the less things I an have in my room the better. My room mate situation is funkey as you can see my old posts about it.

Joshua86

Awards
  • Established
It's not like more oxygen is always better. The levels in the air right now are about what we need (obviously :D). You have to also keep in mind that the human body needs oxygen and carbon dioxide in certain balances to maintain the correct blood pH. Too much of either is a bad thing. I'm sure there are studies going on showing certain results concerning altered levels of both and their effect on athletic performance (for good or bad), but I think it would be for the sake of shooting the **** about and nothing more, in my opinion.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
io-nz.com/questions/how Josh watch the clip and see a example of why more RBC is good for us. Its like going from a 4 lane high way to a 6 lane high way with the altitude chamber. Than with hyperbaric chamber its like adding the very fast cars to run on the 6 lane high way vs a 4 way high way. A lot more efficient. Not sure if my analogy is clear but they both work synergistically together.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Too many RBC's and you run into problems. I forget what the condition is called, but basically your blood is too thick. BP gets high, etc. and can lead to stroke and heart attack.

Joshua86

Awards
  • Established
io-nz.com/questions/how Josh watch the clip and see a example of why more RBC is good for us. Its like going from a 4 lane high way to a 6 lane high way with the altitude chamber. Than with hyperbaric chamber its like adding the very fast cars to run on the 6 lane high way vs a 4 way high way. A lot more efficient. Not sure if my analogy is clear but they both work synergistically together.
Oh yeah, I'm sure there are benefits to all of that. I'm no stranger to human physiology, so it makes good sense. I don't know if it's practical though, as far as something like that becoming readily available to people like me. Now if that happens... :D

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lot of the guys in UFC are doing it.

U.S. Olympic Committee
• Norwegian Olympic Committee
• ARCO Olympic Training Center, Barcelona
• Finnish Olympic Committee
• Czech Republic Olympic Committee
• New Zealand Olympic Committee
• Brazilian Olympic Organization
• German Olympic Committee
• Australian Olympic Committee
• Canada Olympic Winter Sport
• Quebec Government, Secretariat of Sport

. Research Universities Include:
• University of Scranton, USA
• Kent State University, USA
• University of Calgary, Canada
• Osaka City University, Japan
• University of Glamorgan, UK
• San Diego State University, USA
• University of Innsbruck, Austria
• Universität Tübingen, Germany
• Deutsche Sporthochschule Köln, Germany

Athletes

"The list of athletes utilizing altitude tents is impressive. Among them are: Three-time Tour de France champion Lance Armstrong; Swimming world record holder Ed Moses; Carlsbad resident and Olympic triathlon silver medallist Michellie Jones; Chula Vista’s Curt Clausen, holder of seven American race walking records; Track star Suzy Favor Hamilton, the second-fastest American woman in the 1,500 meters.”
San Diego Union Tribune, September 2001

Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)

B.J. Penn An American professional mixed martial arts (MMA) fighter and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu practitioner also Ultimate Fighting Championship lightweight champion.

Dan Henderson An American Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) fighter and was the last Welterweight (183 lb.), and Middleweight (205 lb.) champion of the PRIDE Fighting Championships.

Debi Purcell Professional female Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) Fighter, trained by the legendary Marco Ruas. The Founding mother of FighterGirls.com

Emyr “the shark” Bussade A Brazillian Jiu Jitsu Black Belt and Professional Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) Fighter.

Joe Lauzon Mixed Martial Arts fighter from Brockton, Massachusetts

Nick Thompson – Bodogfight Welterweight Champion. 34-9 overall and 17-1 in last 18. "I love the tent. My cardio has never been better."

Cung Le – 3x world Champion

Lloyd Irvin Brazilian Jiu Jitsu – Proudly Supporting Lloyd Irvin Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

Cycling

David Clinger (USA) – Professional road racer of Rock Racing Team

Matt and Tiffanie (USA) – Green Mountain Stage Vermont Race,
King of the Mountain and Sprinter Jersey Awards

Gregg Germer (USA) – Klaipeda Splendid Cycling Team, Belgium 2007, Flanders Pro Cycling Team

Mari Holden (USA) – US Olympic team, Sydney 2000, 1999 USCF National Champion

Karen Kurreck (USA) – Olympian Sydney 2000, World Championships Gold Medalist ITT.

Martin Lamontagne Lacasse

Ann Marie Love (USA) Track – 5-time Master Regional Omnium Track Champion

"All I know is I am riding harder, longer and with folks I couldn't stay with on
the flats, let alone match on a climb before. I can't qualify my feelings about the improvement the Hypoxic Tent gives me with hard data but I'll tell you this, I don't plan on spending a single night outside it!"

Chann McRae (USA) – US Postal Service Team, US Pro Champion 2002, Top US rider World Road Championship 2000.

Matt and Tiffannie Novakowich (USA)

Mike Sayers (USA) – Health Net Pro Cycling Team, 2003-2004, Mercury Cycling Team, 1998-2002

Matt White (Australia) – Confidis cycling team, Olympic team Athens 2004

Multisport

Clas Bjorling (Sweden)– Top professional international Ironman competitor, 2002 Junior World Champion, Hawaii Ironman

Lewis Elliot (USA) – Top male triathlete, 1st place in 15 nationwide triathlons including Arizona, California, Florida, Las Vegas.

Heather Fuhr (USA) – Top female Ironman competitor, winner of over 10 Ironman championships all over the world including 3-time Ironman USA Champion!

Simon Lessing (Great Britain) – World Cup Champion Triathlon, Zurich 1998

Siri Lindley (USA) – 2-time world champion triathlete and now training coach for age-group triathletes.

Paula Newby-Fraser (USA) – One of top 5 female athletes of last 25 years, 8-time Ironman Triathlon World Champion! Winner of 22 Ironman championships overall. "Greatest Triathlete in History" Triathlete Magazine (1999)

Jan Rehula (Czech Republic) – World-class triathlete

Sergio Silva (Portugal) – 3-time National Duathlon Champion, 2-time under 23 European champion, 3 years top 10 in the world

Roger Thompson (USA) – 2005 USAT Triathlete of the Year for Pacific Northwest

Greg Welch (USA) – 4-time world champion triathlete, Hawaii Ironman Champion.

Track and Field

Shalane Flanagan (USA) – 2008 Olympic Games bronze medalist; 2008 Olympic Trials 10,000m champion and 3rd in 5,000m; 2007 Visa Indoor champion; 2007 USA Indoor 3,000m champion; Two-time USA Outdoor 5,000m champion (’05, ’07); Two-time USA XC 4km champion (’04 & ’05); Two-time NCAA XC champion (’02, ‘03); 2003 NCAA Indoor 3,000m champion; 15-time NCAA All-American

John Rankin Rising U.S. track & field star

Dan Alterman (Israel) – 2nd Place 2005 Bank of America Empire State Building Run-Up

Curt Clausen (USA) Race Walk – 2-time US Olympian, 2000 and 2004.
5-time US champion 50K and 20K

"The HTS is one of the greatest products to have ever been developed. This has made my recovery from training so much faster and, more importantly, it has given my blood the legal "boost" that it needs to be competitive at the world level."

Dean Dobberteen (USA) Ultra Running – winner 2003 Pacific Coast Trail 50 mile

Suzy Favor Hamilton (USA) – Three time US Olympian! Fastest 1500m woman in the world in 2000!

“Since I've been using my altitude-simulating tent, my personal best times have come down quite a bit and workouts feel easier after sleeping in it over a period of a couple of weeks. It's great sleeping at altitude here in Wisconsin!"

Dean Karnazes (USA) Ultra Marathon Running – 50 Marathons in 50 States in 50 Consecutive Days finishing with a 1300 mile run from New York City to St. Louis, MO

Lorna Kiplagat (Kenya/Netherlands) Long Distance – 4 time marathon winner and Olympic athlete. Founder of High Altitude Training Camp in Iten, Kenya.

Debbi Lawrence (USA) Race Walk – 4-time US Outdoor Champion, 3-time Olympian

"Hypoxico's HTS has caused great physiological changes within my body and I will not be without it as I train for my third Olympic Team in 2000.”

Shiloh Mielke (USA) – 26, Hendersonville , NC was named to the team by the USATF Mountain Ultra Trail Council. Mielke finished third at the Vail Mountain Trophy Race. He was fifth at the 2006 USA National 10Km Trail Championships and third at the Teva VailHillClimb. Mielke won the 2005 Shut In Ridge Trail Race, a 17.8 mile trail race in Asheville , NC , breaking the course record by over five minutes. His PRs include a 29:48 10Km and a 14:35 5Km. Mielke won the 1997 and 1998 NCHSSA Men's Cross Country State Championships, the State Championships in the 2 mile in 1997, 1998, 1999 and the mile state championship in 1999. He was a scoring member on the 2003 Northern Arizona University Cross Country Team which placed third in the NCAA. He attended Brevard College from 1999 to 2001 and Northern Arizona University from 2001 to 2004. Mielke’ s goals are to be a pro mountain biker and also professional trail runner.

David Morris (USA) Marathon – US Olympic team, Sydney 2000. US marathon record holder

Alice Schmidt (USA) – 2008 Olympic Trials runner-up; 2006 USA Indoor champion; Two-time NCAA Outdoor champion (’02, ’03); 2006 USA Outdoor runner-up; 2005 USA Indoor runner-up; Three-time ACC Indoor champion (’01, ’02, ’03); Two-time ACC Outdoor champion (’01, ’02); 2001 NCAA Indoor and Outdoor runner-up.
Schmidt qualified for her first Olympic Team after her runner-up finish in the women’s 800 at the 2008 U.S. Olympic Team Trials…

Rebecca Stallwood (USA) Marathon – US Olympic team, Sydney 2000. US marathon record holder

Mountaineering

Russ McBride (USA) – Set first record climbing 15 of California's 14,000-foot mountains in nine days

Sean Swarmer (USA) – First cancer survivor to climb Mount Everest

Richard Wiese (USA) – President of the Explorers Club, TV Host and Adventurer.

"Just got back from Mexico where I successfully summited and returned from the peak of 17,300ft Iztaccihuatl in three days. The rest of my crew stopped at 13,000ft due to head aches and illness. There is no doubt that normally I would have been in a great deal of pain or unable to accomplish this if I had not trained with my Hypoxico unit. With Thanks, Richard"

Ghale Treks and Expeditions, Tours and Travels

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Too many RBC's and you run into problems. I forget what the condition is called, but basically your blood is too thick. BP gets high, etc. and can lead to stroke and heart attack.

"Too much" fun will make you crazy.
"Too much" drink makes everything funny.
"Too much" gas will make you fly.
"Too much" of any good thing is not a good thing.
"Too much" is a "relative" term
- how much is too much?

"Too little" is not good either.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you get the hypobaric chamber can I come over and play?

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Complete reps of exercises on held breathes.

I like doing hypoxic swimming drills.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If you get the hypobaric chamber can I come over and play?

I am in Cali. Where are you located? I am going to set it up in my office.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
In a normal healthy body, red blood cells deliver oxygen to the tissues, including all the muscles. This oxygen is used by the mitochondria in the muscle cells to convert carbohydrates and fats into energy. At high altitude, less oxygen is available for use by the body. The body compensates by increasing the number of blood vessels and red blood cells. The increased red blood cells and capillaries allow more oxygen to be delivered to the body’s cells.

Extensive research into the high-altitude adaptation response reveals that it results in the kidneys producing erythropoietin (EPO), a hormone that up-regulates red blood cell (RBC) production. This increase provides more oxygen available to the target cells. Additionally, high-altitude conditioning has been proven to increase the number of capillaries, providing more surface area for oxygen exchange.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The process is expected to remove the lactic acid, bradykinin, other toxins, and dead or injured cell parts built up during physical exertion. Flushing of such waste products may explain the claim by certain users of significantly enhanced ‘recovery’ after workouts, competition, or injury. Any level of exercise into the anaerobic range produces quantities of waste material (most notably, lactic acid). Very dramatic pressure changes create a squeezing and expanding action; or ‘total-body vasopneumatic compression’ (TBVPC). It is an accepted physiological mechanism that pressure changes are a stimulus that causes more fluid to be returned to the heart; this is also known as pressure diuresis. The increase in blood volume results in an increase in pressure in the atria; thereby triggering the production of alpha-atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP), which causes the kidneys to remove excess fluid through increased urine production.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In a normal healthy body, red blood cells deliver oxygen to the tissues, including all the muscles. This oxygen is used by the mitochondria in the muscle cells to convert carbohydrates and fats into energy. At high altitude, less oxygen is available for use by the body. The body compensates by increasing the number of blood vessels and red blood cells. The increased red blood cells and capillaries allow more oxygen to be delivered to the body’s cells.

Extensive research into the high-altitude adaptation response reveals that it results in the kidneys producing erythropoietin (EPO), a hormone that up-regulates red blood cell (RBC) production. This increase provides more oxygen available to the target cells. Additionally, high-altitude conditioning has been proven to increase the number of capillaries, providing more surface area for oxygen exchange.

The reason for this is simple. There is less oxygen available at higher elevations. This is why it is possible to recreate this at lower elevations via hypoxic drills in exercise. However, the body liking to maintain homeostasis will readjust itself not too long after returning from elevation. It's not permanent. This also means that you would need to run hypoxic drill often. Not just one day a week. I love swimming hypoxics, but doing with weights is possible as well. Use lower weights and go for endurance. Take a weight that you can squat easily and perform 1 rep, breathe; two reps breathe; 3 reps, breathe; etc. You pyramid up then back down. Big compound movements seem to be best. Have a partner, take it easy at first work your self up. Be safe. On a good day I can pyramid up to 12 strokes between breathes while swimming 50m laps.

lightemup

lightemup

Awards
  • Established
ok so if a ran while only breathing through my nose and restricted my oxygen intake to the point where i felt very winded it would increase my RBC? sort of the same thing to holding your breath during reps right??

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ok so if a ran while only breathing through my nose and restricted my oxygen intake to the point where i felt very winded it would increase my RBC? sort of the same thing to holding your breath during reps right??
Prolly wouldn't quite work. I breath in through my nose as it is when I run and get plenty of oxygen. However, Wanderlei Silva often trains with a snorkel to reduce is O2 intake. Which I believe does effectively hit the target.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1iVKIwo8Qc"]YouTube - Wanderlei Silva snorkel training w/ Rafael Alejarra MMA UFC[/ame]

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice way to put it. This is awesome. I hope enough people use my service at my office so I can comp it back over time.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Let me address about RBC buildup and potential health issues. This is a valid concern with individuals blood doping or living in higher elevations, but it is not as large of one with our technology. The technology in hypoxico allows the creation of RBC's in a safe and natural manner. It takes 3 months for the RBC to mature, which gives adequate time for the body to adapt to the addition by creating additional capillary's etc. This becomes a problem with blood doping as individuals un-naturally increase RBC's immediately without giving the body time to adjust. Unlike at being at altitude, the air pressure is at sea level. This is important, because as your rise in altitude the air pressure lessens. When the pressure lessens, valuable body water % lowers - escaping through your largest organ - the skin. When your body water percentage drops, this makes your RBC more concentrated and will cause it to thicken. This may lead to potential health complications.

lightemup

lightemup

Awards
  • Established
For hypoxic training purposes its ok though right?? how many times would one be safe at to practice this??

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
UFC trainers train months at a time with this method.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For hypoxic training purposes its ok though right?? how many times would one be safe at to practice this??

You can run hypoxic drills a couple times a week indefinitely. Don't make every workout hypoxic though. If nothing else you will be limiting your ability to excel at other exercises methods. I swim hypoxic drills 3 times a week. It mos def helps with my endurance in swimming, running and fitness overall.