Rate my workout

jfre07

Awards
Hey i have been working out on and off for about a year now,and i feel like im ready to get back in the gym everday, so how does this look:

Supplements:
Multi V
Fish Oil
Muscle Milk
Hyperdrol
Lean Fx

Monday:
Flat Bench 5x8
Incline Bench 5x8
Decline Bench 5x8
DB Flys 5x8

Tuesday:
Lat Pull downs 5x8
wide grip chins 4x8
bent over DB rows 4x8
Seated cable row 4x8

Wed:
DB shoulder press 5x8
upright rows 4x8
Shoulder shrugs 4x8
Lying rear deltoid fly’s 4x8

Thurs:
Squat 5x8
Leg press 4x8
Leg extensions 4x8
Seated calf raise 4x12
Standing raise 4x12

Friday:
Standing or preacher bench curl 4x8
Seated supinating bicep 3x8
Concentration curls 3x8

Saturday-off
Sunday-off

Please help me set up a perfect workout, o and here are some questions I have:
1. What time should I take each supplement ex. morning or night,before or after workout. I usually work out around 5 pm because of work :/
2.Need a good Abs workout put in there somewhere

O and remeber keep it simple lol

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There aren't any lifts for triceps or hamstrings.

Theipodpeople

Theipodpeople

Awards
Hey check out www.muscleandstrength.com - I get a lot of my great workouts from there. Remember though, don't stick with one routine for more than 8-12 weeks, don't let your muscles get bored. Try doing just one ab workout after each day's routine, that'll work fine.

Also, you sure you want to throw in hyperdrol right now? It's just a test booster and I don't think you need that right now if you're just getting back into 4-5 days a week.

Theipodpeople

Theipodpeople

Awards
Haha dang okay, Yeah I was looking at that and thinking maybe I should do what he says..LOL

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
I would increase the reps more, I dontget anything from 5 sets of 8 reps. I would prolly do a 12/12/10/10/8 or something along those lines, as I respond more to higher reps, with 1st and 2nd set being warmups sometimes goin up to 15 reps. usally with my last set of 8, i'll fail @ 5-6, but still pump out those last 2.

Add in deads like sun said, and compound tri movements, and some sets of front/side db raises to bring out separation in delts.

For abs, hanging leg raises, and rope crunches( high rep, low weight) have done great for me on leg day/ back days

Also add in some variation to DB flyes, declines are optional but incline flyes are a staple in my routine.

jfre07

Awards
Mmmk i did some editing how is this looking, O and for right now im gonna just go with 5x8 and see how that works for me lol,I have another question - On my off days do i still take my supplements as usuall or what??
Thanks for the help

Supplements:
Multi V - morning
Fish Oil-morning
Muscle Milk- before workout
Hyperdrol-2 at noon, 2 after workout
Lean Fx-1 morning,1 4hrs later,1 before workout,1 before bed

Monday:
Flat Bench 5x8
Incline Bench 5x8
Decline Bench 5x8
DB Flys 5x8

Tuesday:
Lat Pull downs 5x8
wide grip chins 4x8
bent over DB rows 4x8
Seated cable row 4x8
Dead Lift 4x8

Floor Crunch 3x20
Horizontal Leg Raise (floor) 3x15-20
Hover (AKA plank) 3xMAX time

Wed:
DB shoulder press 5x8
upright rows 4x8
Shoulder shrugs 4x8
Lying rear deltoid fly’s 4x8

Thurs:
Squat 5x8
Leg press 4x8
Leg extensions 4x8
Seated calf raise 4x12
Standing raise 4x12

Floor Reach 3x15
Abdominal Air Bike (see instructions) 3x15-20
Side Hover 3x45 seconds

Friday:
Standing or preacher bench curl 4x8
Seated supinating bicep 3x8
Concentration curls 3x8
skull crusher 3x8
Lying Barbell Reverse Extension 3x8
Saturday-off
Floor Crunch 3x20
Floor Reach 3x15
Hover 3xMAX time

Sunday-off

Theipodpeople

Theipodpeople

Awards
Personally I think you'd be fine with a 4 day split for now. I'm going to post this link again, but this is the routine I'm following right now. Do what it says and don't go light. http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/shauns-4-day-muscle-building-split-routine.html

As for muscle milk before your workout, that'd be too filling for me. Pre workout food should be fully digested 30 minutes before your workout, and at that time you can take pre workout supplements such as JACKED or NO X-plod. Then by the time you hit the gym you'll be fully energized and have all the nutrients in your system you need. If anything, take the muscle milk after.

This article really taught me a lot when I needed the help.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/topicoftheweek37.htm

I don't want to get flamed for posting rival sites on here, I just found that article a long time ago and found it to be useful.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
two thoughts :

1 - you don't need your muscle milk per se on non workout days - don't need the carbs at least
2 - triceps should consist of three exercises IMO
a - close grip bench
b - weighted dips, keeping your body parallel
c - reverse grip tricep pushdowns

other than that, i think you'll be fine.

EDIT : i think you should also pair chest/tri's, and back/bi's as one day. as soon as you try weighted chins, you'll understand the insane bicep pump you will get from them.

jfre07

Awards
I have a question about lean fx and hyperdrol , do i take these on my off days????

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
yep, since it looks like lean fx is a mild prohormone. hope your PCT is lined up.

jfre07

Awards
What !? It said it didnt need a PCT??? Can you give me some advice about that ?? Like what do i need to get???

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
i'm so not the master of prohormones, but i'm pretty sure:

5-Androstene-3b, 7b, 17b-triol

is one. you could PM nosnmiveins for a light PCT for lean fx , as i think he's the most knowledgeable about this IMO.

jfre07

Awards
alrigght well I pm him lol, but yeah can I get these supplements anywhere???

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You can get them at NP, but lean fx is not a PH. It is a cortisol/thyroid manipulator.

jfre07

Awards
yeah I talked to that one guy and he told me i didnt need a PCT, one quick question , do you think its safe if I do this cycle for 2 months or should I only do 1 month???

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah I talked to that one guy and he told me i didnt need a PCT, one quick question , do you think its safe if I do this cycle for 2 months or should I only do 1 month???
2 months will be fine. I have used b-triol at a low dose for around 12 weeks. I like to use specifically around training, both before and after.

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
I think you can easily do a 4 day split and get great results. I'm guessing your workouts only last about 30 minutes? the split I'm currently on has been awesome.
Mon~ Chest/biceps/forearms
Tues~ Quads/Hams/calves
Thurs~ Shoulders/triceps
Friday~ Back/traps

jfre07

Awards
yeah i decided to go with that split Theipodpeople recommended to me, its similar to yours just a little bit different, i really like it to because i also have a job so it works out perfect lol

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i would say trcipes are important as they make up 2/3 of your arm. however if you do your larger muscle lifts your body will grow in proportion to your larger muscles.

make sure you are doing
Deadlifts
Squats
and Bench ( i think incline bench is better as it involves more muscles working together.)