Working Neck? - AnabolicMinds.com

Working Neck?

Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

Working Neck?

Who specifically trains their neck?

I want one of those head harnesses. bad.
    What do you do to train neck and how often?

Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

i don't train my neck, but my buddies a state troopers and not very tall and doesn't think he's that muscular works his neck so he looks bigger in his uniform in case someone thinks about fighting with him, but doing shrugs and other shoulder and upper back workouts should make ur neck bigger....i think the only excercises he uses to train his neck is one of those machines that looks like your going down on a dude haha
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.

I just use Jump Stretch bands to do my neck training, it is just easier to set up a do that then set up the neck harness. Also with the bands I have more movements to choose from. The biggest advice I will give you though is when training your neck make sure you arch your back like you would for a squat, otherwise you put yourself in a pretty rough position.
    Muscle Pharm Rep
    •   

Stats
    6'3"  249 lbs.

Ive found my neck has gotten bigger off of front barbell shrugs. For the past 3-4 months ive narrowed my grip where my hands are literally over my quads, and i felt it in my neck a lot more,.. its grown noticeably .
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    i don't train my neck, but my buddies a state troopers and not very tall and doesn't think he's that muscular works his neck so he looks bigger in his uniform in case someone thinks about fighting with him, but doing shrugs and other shoulder and upper back workouts should make ur neck bigger....i think the only excercises he uses to train his neck is one of those machines that looks like your going down on a dude haha
    What stupid response....
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by brk_nemesis View Post
    Ive found my neck has gotten bigger off of front barbell shrugs. For the past 3-4 months ive narrowed my grip where my hands are literally over my quads, and i felt it in my neck a lot more,.. its grown noticeably .
    I will try that.
    My neck is nice and beefed out looking, im really liking it.
    i really want to take it up a notch and im gonna grab a neck harness soon.

:bb3:
    Stats
    5'7"  169 lbs.

i dont even train my neck, it naturally keeps up with my body

Shrugs.
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

sometimes before cardio since I had an injury and haven't been doing basically any of the basic exercises. Kind of like it might keep it. if your concerned about hurting your neck with heavier stuff, rep out 100 yes 100 or more reps. Ive done everything I recommend as much as I can think of.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
    Stats
    6'5"  250 lbs.

why the F would you want to work your neck? aside from holding your head up, do you actually ever use your neck muscles? will you benefit from an increase in strength in them? unless you are completing, it's a waste of time. if you are doing the right exercises your neck muscles and muscles around it (traps, etc) will be worked properly and there is no need to do any neck-specific work.
    Stats
    5'11"  178 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ironlunch View Post
    why the F would you want to work your neck? aside from holding your head up, do you actually ever use your neck muscles? will you benefit from an increase in strength in them? unless you are completing, it's a waste of time. if you are doing the right exercises your neck muscles and muscles around it (traps, etc) will be worked properly and there is no need to do any neck-specific work.
    My neck doesnt grow so I have to start doing neck exercises, for some people bodyparts won't grow unless they are specifically worked. I bought a neck harness off of elitefts and I cant wait to use it.
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

some people work their neck out to avoid injury. i had a friend who worked his neck out but it didnt last. if your gonna do it make sure ya keep with it, im sure its not the funnest body part to work out hahaha
    Stats
    5'8"  171 lbs.

been meaning to but haven't got around to it.
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    some people work their neck out to avoid injury. i had a friend who worked his neck out but it didnt last. if your gonna do it make sure ya keep with it, im sure its not the funnest body part to work out hahaha
    agreed!
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness

Quote Originally Posted by EatMeat View Post
    Who specifically trains their neck?

I want one of those head harnesses. bad.
    What do you do to train neck and how often?

you really want to train your neck do bridging exercises. Those really beef up the neck look at the neck of many wrestlers. i work my neck all the time but i'm a fighter and strong neck is essential
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mixedup View Post
    you really want to train your neck do bridging exercises. Those really beef up the neck look at the neck of many wrestlers. i work my neck all the time but i'm a fighter and strong neck is essential
    mike Tyson used to do them. Ive heared when your head goes back its bad for your sprine. side to side and forward is fine(i used to place a 45 plate on my forehead hang my head off the beench and do that now I dont because I heard its bad for the neck, same position as bridges)

Similar Forum Threads

1. Neck Bridge / Neck Pain ?
    By HATE in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-16-2010, 12:28 PM
  2. Stiff Neck!?!
    By Jaynandez in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-01-2008, 10:49 PM
  3. how to get a big neck?
    By swanee609 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 14