18 in. arms how hard?

FTMGuy

Awards
I want to get 18in arms. I was wondering how hard it would be to do. Right now there at 17in at 13-15% BF. I am guessing I would have to put on 15-20 #'s of muscle to get them to 18 at 10%? Am I right?

BMZ

Awards
this is too general of a question....
too many variables to determine that like
genetics, diet, training, etc...

you trying to do it naturally or with gear???

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Do you have the proportions to back up those 18" arms as well? If your delts/forearms/chest/back aren't up to snuff, 18" arms will look pretty silly.

ManBeast

FTMGuy

Awards
i have 18.5 in calves, 15 in forarms, 27 in legs. My laggin parts are my chest, middle delts, and my lats ( I want bigger arms though). I will be doing this with the help of PH's and lots of food (4500 cals a day). My gentics shouldn't be a problem. My diet shouldn't be a problem either. I have went from weighing 260 36% bf to 220 13-15%. So now I am trying to put back on some size in the form of muscle and then cut back down to 10% before the summer.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like a very solid plan. Keep up the good work.

ManBeast

raybravo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
since chest and lats are 2 of ur lagging body parts , there ya go , after the pressing for the chest , the dip work and chins , concentrate on that , and i feel whenever there is a lack of arm size , increased concentration on developing the triceps gets u the needed size sooner .. the long head :) , when well developed looks awesome :) .

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
From what I read you estimate of 15-20lbs is about right. I read an article awhile ago by a strenght coach called Charles Poliquin(sp?) and he said about 15lbs of lean tissue proportioned would equal about 1'' on the arms. It seems to work out about right for me. Of course if your really short I'd imagine it would take less and if your reall tall it would probably take alot more. by the way I'm 5'10''.

FTMGuy

Awards
I am 5'10'' also. I am working on the chest and back also. I don't work legs or calves very hard because i don't want them to grow anymore until the rest of my body catches up to them. Thats the reason for the 18 in arm to match the calves and plus they look cool. Also what a good way to develope the middle head of the delt becides side lat raises?

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I like vertical rows and lateral raises for hitting the middle head of the delt.

ManBeast

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like vertical rows and lateral raises for hitting the middle head of the delt.

ManBeast
You bet.

If you want a nice, different burn, try upright rows on a cable machine with the rope attachment. Good delt burn.