Tendonitis advice - AnabolicMinds.com

Tendonitis advice

Tendonitis advice

For about a year now ive been having shoulder pain. within the past couple months i found out i have tendonitis of the rotator cuff. my doctor says it used to be bursitis but its gradually been healing and it is now tendonitis, and it does not require surgery or injections to be repaired. ive been goin to pt for about 3 weeks now to gain strength back in that shoulder and help the healing process, but it dosn't seem to be doing much healing. my doctor judged by my mri and guessed that if i left my arm alone it would heal on its own by january, but i guess pt is supposed to shorten that time. Ive tried nsaids, ice , and alot of super cissus over the past year. my question is has anyone dealt with this injury before and do you have any advice to help me get back to lifting asap, cause i would appreciate it.

Stats
    6'2"  285 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by HATE View Post
    For about a year now ive been having shoulder pain. within the past couple months i found out i have tendonitis of the rotator cuff. my doctor says it used to be bursitis but its gradually been healing and it is now tendonitis, and it does not require surgery or injections to be repaired. ive been goin to pt for about 3 weeks now to gain strength back in that shoulder and help the healing process, but it dosn't seem to be doing much healing. my doctor judged by my mri and guessed that if i left my arm alone it would heal on its own by january, but i guess pt is supposed to shorten that time. Ive tried nsaids, ice , and alot of super cissus over the past year. my question is has anyone dealt with this injury before and do you have any advice to help me get back to lifting asap, cause i would appreciate it.
    Tendonitis is of course an overuse injury. The tendon or connective tissue becomes inflamed, thus pain. Ice helps, NSAIDS help, rest sure helps. You might also try rubber bands to work the rotators.

what ever you do, I would definitely take a break from any exercise that is causing you pain in that area. Once the pain goes away, start back slowly and work a lot on increasing the strength in your rotators.

Cissus has done wonders for my shoulder, though it was not tentonitis rather a small tear. You might also consider purchasing a TENS/EMS unit and a ultrsound unit. The TENS uses a small electrical current to reduce the pain, and the EMS uses a different frequency to help heal the injury and helping to avoid atrophy in the muscle tissue. The ultrasound helps get blood andnutrients in to the area to speed up recovery. You can find some pretty inexpensive prices on both by searching the internet. If you are going to be doing this for a while, it is best to make an investment in keeping your injuries under control.

Similar Forum Threads

1. tendonitis
    By manosduras in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-03-2010, 04:50 PM
  2. Tendonitis
    By joker123 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-17-2010, 10:38 AM
  3. Tendonitis or what?
    By pistonpump in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 5