my drive to push is gone need suggestions

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Banned
    dommer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  178 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    183
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    55.45%

    my drive to push is gone need suggestions


    ok well first here is a little history

    i started lifting about 3 years ago and i was the typical noob lifter who just worked arms/chest all the time

    i started poking around and asking some people for advice and developed a couple routines that i switch between and put on some good muscle over time but never lost the fat ( i was always on the chubby side)

    recently we did a 10 week competition at my work and the winner was the person who lost the most body fat over those 10 weeks in those weeks i managed to drop from 200lbs down to 178lbs and drop from 24.9%bf to 18.3%bf i was in the gym for about 2 hours everyday 45mins of which was running and about 15mins spent on the heavy/speed bag as warm and took home the $700 winnings

    recently all my drive to go to the gym is gone and when i get to the gym i cant push my self to work hard any more and i have absolutely no desire to run anymore i try to but its like my body just doesn't want to do it

    any ideas anyone? nothing has changed in my life recently just a drop in motivation

  2. Advanced Member
    freqfly's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    949
    Rep Power
    7248
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    32.48%

    There are plenty of supps to help out with drive. I always find when I'm on a supp, I have more drive just for the shear fact that I don't want to waste whatever I'm using and I usually pay good money for it. It's all about self motivation. If you're not satisfied with where you are physically, you're the only one who can change that.
  3. Banned
    dommer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  178 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    183
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    55.45%

    im not a fan of sups i dont even take protein powder i just eat a lot of chicken/eggs/lean beef

    its more a issue of just not having that dirve or fire anymore if you ill go to the gym but each set feels like torture eve min on the treadmill is agonizing the only thing i truely enjoy rite now is hitting the speed bag im even getting fed up with the heavy bag

    i need to get that fire back that makes you push that last hard fought rep out and push for that extra 1/4 mile or squeeze out that last set when you fell like you have nothing left

    i use to get so amped up on my way to the gym even in a dead silent car and sometimes would have to force my self ot leave before i hurt my self trying to push now i feel like im trying to squeeze water out of a rock or something

    hell i use to beat my knuckles raw on the heavy and speed bag and then when they were raw i would tape them and keep goin
    •   
       

  4. Professional Member
    pmiller383's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,005
    Rep Power
    2671
    Level
    43
    Lv. Percent
    75.71%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Either get a new routine or take some time off.
    Muscle Pharm Rep
  5. Banned
    dommer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  178 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    183
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    55.45%

    i have about 3 weeks in a row where i went to the gym all of 4 times normally i would have gone 18times

    im thinking maybe setting a set of goals to mimic that competition i mentioned might give me a little bit of a push and taking away the distractions like cutting my cable back to jsut the channels i need to watch football and leaving my ps3 at my moms so games and blurays cant distract me till i get my focus back
  6. Banned
    dommer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  178 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    183
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    55.45%

    im going home to day and watching good ole ronnie coleman videos for hours until i want to start punching babies and kicking midgets to see if that can give me some drive back to go work hard again


    light weight baby!!!!
  7. Advanced Member
    nparisi's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    670
    Rep Power
    421
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    62.05%

    seriously consider trying rpm. I am desperate to get to the gym when I'm on that stuff.
  8. Board Sponsor
    Aggravated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,746
    Rep Power
    1503
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    51.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by dommer View Post
    im going home to day and watching good ole ronnie coleman videos for hours until i want to start punching babies and kicking midgets


    light weight baby!!!!
    That is wrong on so many levels. Karma is a biatch.

    Back to your initial question... My opinion is... You probably just don't want it bad enough.
  9. Banned
    dommer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  178 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    183
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    55.45%

    Quote Originally Posted by Aggravated View Post
    That is wrong on so many levels. Karma is a biatch.

    Back to your initial question... My opinion is... You probably just don't want it bad enough.
    wow cant believe you took that even half serious

    btw problem solved set a group of goals and am giving my self 6months to complete all of them and good old captain coleman helped me get motivated to get back in the gym that night
  10. Banned
    dommer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  178 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    183
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    55.45%

    Quote Originally Posted by nparisi View Post
    seriously consider trying rpm. I am desperate to get to the gym when I'm on that stuff.
    im not a big sup person i dont even take protein regularly

    ive been tossing around the idea of stacking dcp and leviR or dcp and recreate but again im not big on supplements
  11. Board Sponsor
    Aggravated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,746
    Rep Power
    1503
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    51.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by dommer View Post
    im not a big sup person i dont even take protein regularly

    ive been tossing around the idea of stacking dcp and leviR or dcp and recreate but again im not big on supplements
    If you do not currently use a protein supplement, then that would be the first thing I would worry about before buying other types of products.
  12. Banned
    dommer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  178 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    183
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    55.45%

    Quote Originally Posted by Aggravated View Post
    If you do not currently use a protein supplement, then that would be the first thing I would worry about before buying other types of products.
    i dont need a supplement i eat plenty of protein in my diet and i would rather get it from a regular food source then a shake

    its cheaper
    it tastes better
    doesn't give me gas and the ****s
    and it tastes a lot better

    why does everyone think you NEED a supplement to get enough protein in your diet

    if you can tell me why i need a protein sup when i can get between 1g-1.5g of protein per lb of body weight just threw diet ill change my tone
  13. Advanced Member
    nparisi's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    670
    Rep Power
    421
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    62.05%

    you don't bro. but what about immediately post workout? wouldn't you rather have fast digesting whey than a full meal? this is the window where you need it the quickest..
  14. Banned
    dommer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  178 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    183
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    55.45%

    Quote Originally Posted by nparisi View Post
    you don't bro. but what about immediately post workout? wouldn't you rather have fast digesting whey than a full meal? this is the window where you need it the quickest..
    no i wouldnt whey runs rite threw me and doesnt taste as good as chicken cutlets with green beans, corn, and a salad with non fat yogurt and or a grapefruit for desert

    gym is all of 10mins from my house im eating with in 15mins of getting out of the gym

    i mass prepair food at the start of the week so i have chicken on hand and cooked pretty much all the time and i love canned tuna and i also do a large stir fry once a week

    so between my chicken cutlets stir fry and tuna a quick meal is always a couple mins away

    o and i keep fiber1 bars in my glove box in my car
  15. Advanced Member
    nparisi's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    670
    Rep Power
    421
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    62.05%

    That's good but by quickest I meant the digestion and absorbtion rate, not having it readily on hand.
  16. Senior Member
    just93's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,427
    Rep Power
    793
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    67.34%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    im gunna try rpm just for that reason, two bottles commin my way, ill do a final review.
  17. Board Sponsor
    Aggravated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,746
    Rep Power
    1503
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    51.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by dommer View Post
    no i wouldnt whey runs rite threw me and doesnt taste as good as chicken cutlets with green beans, corn, and a salad with non fat yogurt and or a grapefruit for desert

    gym is all of 10mins from my house im eating with in 15mins of getting out of the gym

    i mass prepair food at the start of the week so i have chicken on hand and cooked pretty much all the time and i love canned tuna and i also do a large stir fry once a week

    so between my chicken cutlets stir fry and tuna a quick meal is always a couple mins away

    o and i keep fiber1 bars in my glove box in my car
    Whole foods do not shuttle viable nutrients to your muscles fast enough. Especially after a workout, or upon awakening. If you think that is sufficient enough for you then it's all good, we are just trying to give you some advice.
  18. Professional Member
    Rugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,060
    Rep Power
    4772
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    65.14%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Maybe you should "quit being a *****" as you told a lot of people in another thread.
  19. Senior Member
    just93's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,427
    Rep Power
    793
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    67.34%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    who was that regarding Rugger?
  20. Professional Member
    Rugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,060
    Rep Power
    4772
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    65.14%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Dommers dumb ass
  21. Senior Member
    Knowbull's Avatar
    Stats
    4'6"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,754
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    18.08%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    It sounds like a classic symptom of overtraining, maybe take a week off, hopefully that will help.
  22. Senior Member
    just93's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,427
    Rep Power
    793
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    67.34%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Holy Sh*t He Is Neged To Hell!!
  23. Board Sponsor
    Aggravated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,746
    Rep Power
    1503
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    51.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by just93 View Post
    Holy Sh*t He Is Neged To Hell!!
    Yeah he is.
  24. Banned
    Iron Lungz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,785
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    6.89%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by dommer View Post
    recently all my drive to go to the gym is gone and when i get to the gym i cant push my self to work hard any more and i have absolutely no desire to run anymore i try to but its like my body just doesn't want to do it

    any ideas anyone? nothing has changed in my life recently just a drop in motivation
    Ahhh, need some help, eh? I'll answer your question with your own words...
    Quote Originally Posted by dommer View Post
    stop being such a *****
    Hope that helps.
  25. Advanced Member
    nparisi's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    670
    Rep Power
    421
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    62.05%

    LOL @ dommer's rep. You totally got called out dude. Better stop being such a ***** man.
  26. Senior Member
    just93's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,427
    Rep Power
    793
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    67.34%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    yah, dont be such a *****!
  27. Banned
    dommer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  178 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    183
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    55.45%

    Quote Originally Posted by just93 View Post
    Holy Sh*t He Is Neged To Hell!!
    o please -700 aint **** on my regular board i hand out a couple thousand rep at once im actually trying to go all red
  28. Banned
    dommer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  178 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    183
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    55.45%

    Quote Originally Posted by Aggravated View Post
    Whole foods do not shuttle viable nutrients to your muscles fast enough. Especially after a workout, or upon awakening. If you think that is sufficient enough for you then it's all good, we are just trying to give you some advice.
    i thnk supps are a waste of money personally unless your trying to get huge which im not
  29. Professional Member
    Rugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,060
    Rep Power
    4772
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    65.14%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by dommer View Post
    i thnk supps are a waste of money personally unless your trying to get huge which im not
    You just tell yourself that because you can't seem to get rid of your pencil neck or your chicken legs.
  30. Professional Member
    bslick69b's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,831
    Rep Power
    2001
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    32.44%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    dommer better cut that pu$$y siht out!!
    board supporter
  31. Professional Member
    Chub's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,306
    Rep Power
    128474
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    40.48%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    lol!

    man up and stop being such a *****.
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit.”
  32. New Member
    Esox Express's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    336
    Rep Power
    250
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    21.3%

    Quote Originally Posted by dommer View Post
    o please -700 aint **** on my regular board i hand out a couple thousand rep at once im actually trying to go all red
    Ask........ and thou shall recieve.

    NEG

    PS..... quit being such a ****ing *****............... *****.
  33. New Member
    Barbell500's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    128
    Rep Power
    172
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    1.02%

    WOW, AM is becoming very much like BB.com. And can everyone please stop with the name calling? I am sure not all of you want to sound like 12 year old girls.
  34. IBE/PHF Rep
    AK32408's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,434
    Rep Power
    1312
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    50.51%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbell500 View Post
    WOW, AM is becoming very much like BB.com..
    I've never felt so insulted before !
    IBE/PHF Boladrol - The Most Potent PH in the World - Available Now!
  35. Banned
    Iron Lungz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,785
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    6.89%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by AK32408 View Post
    I've never felt so insulted before !
    He doesn't know what the fukc he's talking about. We are simply giving dommer exactly what he dishes out.
  36. Professional Member
    Chub's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,306
    Rep Power
    128474
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    40.48%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    “We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit.”
  37. IBE/PHF Rep
    AK32408's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,434
    Rep Power
    1312
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    50.51%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    IBE/PHF Boladrol - The Most Potent PH in the World - Available Now!
  38. Advanced Member
    D3vildog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    685
    Rep Power
    419
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    70.58%

    Wait.. BB.com is bad??!! My world is ruined...

    Forum sucks but i like the Exercise database, and the articles are cool. I like the transformation parts to... thats just me i guess

    funny thread though. lol
  39. Banned
    still alive's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  275 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Age
    43
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    75.41%

    Quote Originally Posted by dommer View Post
    ok well first here is a little history

    i started lifting about 3 years ago and i was the typical noob lifter who just worked arms/chest all the time

    i started poking around and asking some people for advice and developed a couple routines that i switch between and put on some good muscle over time but never lost the fat ( i was always on the chubby side)

    recently we did a 10 week competition at my work and the winner was the person who lost the most body fat over those 10 weeks in those weeks i managed to drop from 200lbs down to 178lbs and drop from 24.9%bf to 18.3%bf i was in the gym for about 2 hours everyday 45mins of which was running and about 15mins spent on the heavy/speed bag as warm and took home the $700 winnings

    recently all my drive to go to the gym is gone and when i get to the gym i cant push my self to work hard any more and i have absolutely no desire to run anymore i try to but its like my body just doesn't want to do it

    any ideas anyone? nothing has changed in my life recently just a drop in motivation
    over training....2hrs. in the gym is over kill.
  40. Banned
    still alive's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  275 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Age
    43
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    75.41%

    Quote Originally Posted by dommer View Post
    im not a fan of sups i dont even take protein powder i just eat a lot of chicken/eggs/lean beef

    its more a issue of just not having that dirve or fire anymore if you ill go to the gym but each set feels like torture eve min on the treadmill is agonizing the only thing i truely enjoy rite now is hitting the speed bag im even getting fed up with the heavy bag

    i need to get that fire back that makes you push that last hard fought rep out and push for that extra 1/4 mile or squeeze out that last set when you fell like you have nothing left

    i use to get so amped up on my way to the gym even in a dead silent car and sometimes would have to force my self ot leave before i hurt my self trying to push now i feel like im trying to squeeze water out of a rock or something

    hell i use to beat my knuckles raw on the heavy and speed bag and then when they were raw i would tape them and keep goin
    WTF!!!!????...no protein powder?....you need it pre and post.might as well not even lift...or just do upper body and not lower body lol..and on a side note,,,what queen dosent work out their legs?
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. push pull
    By jspillane08 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-08-2008, 11:04 PM
  2. About Push-ups
    By SuppKnight in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-04-2008, 09:37 PM
  3. DRIVE stack suggestions...
    By msucurt in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-10-2007, 04:18 AM
  4. Incline push-ups
    By yeahright in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-08-2006, 11:34 PM
  5. Push Ups???
    By jbthumper in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-02-2005, 04:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in