sauna / steam post workout???

jman901

jman901

Awards
did'nt know exactly where to put this but, what's your feel as to suana / steam post workout?? I've heard both sides to this, good and bad. The steam really seems to help in recovery, but i've heard that gains can be reduced from the water being pulled out of the muscle. any thoughts??????
thanks

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
All the steam room does is make you sweat. I really don't know why anyone would ever go in one.

shaunnner

shaunnner

Awards
  • Established
it feels good right before bed...sleep like a baby

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
did'nt know exactly where to put this but, what's your feel as to suana / steam post workout?? I've heard both sides to this, good and bad. The steam really seems to help in recovery, but i've heard that gains can be reduced from the water being pulled out of the muscle. any thoughts??????
thanks
absolute BS. by pulling water out of your muscles and bloodstream, you have a higher concentration of T levels. combine that post-workout with the T released from a heavy squat/dead day, and your muscles have become saturated with T, which makes it easier for the T to bind to a receptor.

this is not a recommendation for dehydration, simply 15 minutes in the sauna is beneficial to a small degree. for recovery, the steam room does me wonders. the humidity helps pull blood and nutrients into my muscles, and recovery is much quicker - at least for me.

as far as gains being reduced from a sauna, that is generally spoken by people who forget that they need to replace the excess lost water by drinking more. hydration out of the sauna is a severely overlooked aspect for some.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
its a great way to relax your muscles after your workout and helps with recovery... i wish i did it more often, but remember to consume lots of water before and after.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
its a great way to relax your muscles after your workout and helps with recovery... i wish i did it more often, but remember to consume lots of water before and after.
after for me. like a liter right after walking out.

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
absolute BS. by pulling water out of your muscles and bloodstream, you have a higher concentration of T levels. combine that post-workout with the T released from a heavy squat/dead day, and your muscles have become saturated with T, which makes it easier for the T to bind to a receptor.

this is not a recommendation for dehydration, simply 15 minutes in the sauna is beneficial to a small degree. for recovery, the steam room does me wonders. the humidity helps pull blood and nutrients into my muscles, and recovery is much quicker - at least for me.

as far as gains being reduced from a sauna, that is generally spoken by people who forget that they need to replace the excess lost water by drinking more. hydration out of the sauna is a severely overlooked aspect for some.

Hmm...I might have to try that. I've tried a sauna before but never post workout.