pre and during music

bigbird101

Awards
give me some good suggestions for training music. gotta get amped up!

mikinTx

Anything that really rocks from the following:
metallica
seether
hinder
puddle of mudd
saving able
jet
nine inch nails
monster magnet
buckcherry
papa roach
nickleback
theory of a dead man
ac/dc (lots of choices here)
def leppard
scorpions

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmCYd9lpxlE"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
Metallica-all nightmare long
off their new CD, its my new favorite, also any Lil Wayne

bigbird101

Awards
yeah, good stuff. im all slayer'ed out. any metal suggestions

Behemoth1

Awards
  • Established
puddle of mudd? saving able? papa raoch? Do not want

[youtube]tJGBIFIYRzo[/youtube]

mikinTx

>puddle of mudd? saving able? papa raoch? Do not want

To each his own bro (and I won't even neg you back)

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
papa roach, not roach is good, some puddle of mudd gets me in the mood, IDK about saving able. how about Slipknot, Lamb of God, Alice In Chains, or Shadows FALL???

mikinTx

>papa roach, not roach is good

Aren't those little typos annoying? :frustrate

Behemoth1

Awards
  • Established
papa roach, not roach is good, some puddle of mudd gets me in the mood, IDK about saving able. how about Slipknot, Lamb of God, Alice In Chains, or Shadows FALL???

that's cool if your like 15. lamb of god stop being good after As the Palaces Burn

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
I'm stuck on this song at the moment...[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzp9_XobhVI"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

DEADn

DEADn

Awards
Don't you have to find your own niche for something to pump you up? I use music barely half the time when I am lifting. I actually will even have talk radio on when lifting.
I usually put something really pumping on if I am about to lift something really heavy and I need extra drive to finish it off. Music doesn't always pump me up.....but you gotta find your niche and everyone is different.

Behemoth1

Awards
  • Established
Don't you have to find your own niche for something to pump you up? I use music barely half the time when I am lifting. I actually will even have talk radio on when lifting.
I usually put something really pumping on if I am about to lift something really heavy and I need extra drive to finish it off. Music doesn't always pump me up.....but you gotta find your niche and everyone is different.

I agree. a lot of time I don't feel like dealing this the hastle of changing songs and what not with ipod. i am very much accustomed to lifting without one. but on the car ride, there that's another story

DALLASxBROWN

DALLASxBROWN

Awards
A lot of NYHC for me
Hardcore
Power-violence
Even some good DOOM Metal

Bitter End
Mother Of Mercy
Trapped Under Ice
Black Sheep Wall
Ceremony
:head:

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
i'll be nice and just say "it's of the nu-metal persuasion" which is self explanitory.

korn knock off. which is a bad knock off indeed.
That's dumb to say. Technically, every single rock band that currently exists is "knocking off" black sabbath. That song sounds nothing like korn.

Flyers2385

Awards
Rob zombie- American nightmare
Rob zombie- superbeast
Rise against- the good left undone
50 cent- get up
disturbed- indestructible
disturbed- liberate
disturbed- guarded
NonPoint-What A Day
Smashing Pumpkins - Doomsday Clock

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
who ever wrote nickle back needs a slap across the head
I HATE NICKLE BACK
all their songs sound exactly the same. its the same songs just with new lyrics
hate them to death
theres a website that supports my theory - plays their songs side by side and shows how similar they all are just with different lyrics

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Let's get the big names outta the way:
Pantera
Iron Maiden
Slayer
Metallica

Lift Heavy:
Manticora
Meshuggah
Ensiferum
Amon Amarth

Endurance:
Kamelot
Edguy
Nightwish
Dragonforce
Black Majesty
Angra

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
has anyone heard Nonpoints version of 'In The Air Tonight'??? its not heavy but I like it...to me metallica is king, u got endurance with the old 8 minute songs (harvester of sorrow, one, fade to black) or newer stuff (st.anger, all nightmare long, enter sandman) to me, you cant beat that, from one band

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Those are backwards to me tomcat, things like harvester or one are ones I'd save for heavy lifts and the faster songs I'd use for cardio and high rep exercises.

That's just me though.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
i use the slower songs for cardio and the fast ones for heavy stuff to get my pumped up...but its all good

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
has anyone heard Nonpoints version of 'In The Air Tonight'??? its not heavy but I like it...
That is a great song!!

"The Way of the Fist" by Five Finger Death Punch
"Determined" by Mudvayne
"This Fire" by Killswitch Engage
"Before the Hangman's Noose" by Devil Driver

I swear those songs make me stronger...

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
I think I'm in my own boat here. I love the heavy stuff some of you guys are posting for lifting - and I agree it does get you going.

For cardio however I find some good trance mixes or tiesto goes a long way :D

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
I think I'm in my own boat here. I love the heavy stuff some of you guys are posting for lifting - and I agree it does get you going.

Tiesto is the man when it comes down to cardio.

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
"I Will Be Heard"~ Hatebreed (Song in XXX when he was skydiving)
"Not Falling" ~ Mudvayne ( Hard song from Ghostship movie)

these songs are the only songs to get me amped for deads and squats. Also posted the videos for these two in other music thread. Most of the time ill put them on repeat for the whole workout.

dommer

Banned
Awards
i use the slower songs for cardio and the fast ones for heavy stuff to get my pumped up...but its all good
i watch movies when i cardio helps me to forget about the clock

ipod touch+hulk digital copy+treadmill:thumbsup:

armin van burren and deadmau5 have soem great mixes as

music wise i either opt for trance or something along the lines of NOFX, rise against, early thrice
and stuff of that nature

mattx731

Awards
Any kind of metal...my favorite would have to be Parkway Drive though. **** really gets me moving the weights

punkrawker07

Awards
any good metal works for me. favorite to work out too is Devildriver, the singer from coal chamber. every cd rocks from start to finish and it has a good, fast, get you jacked beat. some other good ones

SOAD
Pantera
Slipknot - older cd's, their new one licks
The Agonist - right sweet new band with a chick singer who can scream better then arch enemy's singer
Lamb of God

some top songs:

Coal Chamber - Loco
Slipknot - People=Sh*t
Slipknot - Heretic Anthem
Motorhead - Ace of Spades
Pantera - Revolution is my Name
Megadeath - Play for Blood
Marilyn Manson - Vodevil

Filthy McNast

Awards
Dude, you can't go wrong with Static X if you are lifting. They always help me lift. Static X - "Push It" and Static X-"Destroyer" are two of my faves.

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Disturbed

yghetr

yghetr

Awards
who ever wrote nickle back needs a slap across the head
I HATE NICKLE BACK
all their songs sound exactly the same. its the same songs just with new lyrics
hate them to death
theres a website that supports my theory - plays their songs side by side and shows how similar they all are just with different lyrics
chad kroeger was quoted in REVOLVER magazine i believe...for admiting to suck his own dck for a case of beer when he was younger...what a TURD:food::lol:

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Three 6 mafia
Madball
E Town Concrete
Army of the Pharaohs
Cold As Life
Dark Tranquility
Jedi Mind Tricks

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
Dude, you can't go wrong with Static X if you are lifting. They always help me lift. Static X - "Push It" and Static X-"Destroyer" are two of my faves.
agreed!!!! "One" and "Black and white" are good ones too

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
Cannibal corpse
Holy sh*t. I checked these guys out on Itunes. I like a lot of heavy metal and I thought I had some offensive songs but the titles of their songs are insane. My jaw hit the keyboard.

yghetr

yghetr

Awards
Holy sh*t. I checked these guys out on Itunes. I like a lot of heavy metal and I thought I had some offensive songs but the titles of their songs are insane. My jaw hit the keyboard.

you don't even know the beginning...

Attachments

jacobcoile

Awards
metallica "fade to black"
apocalyptica with/?.. "I don't Care"
lil jon "I don't give a f#@!"

also I love to play highlight videos on my laptop when I train at home or before I go to train or hit a gym up.

go to these or google video these:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY8JlJZBgCk"]YouTube - The only Marcelo Garcia video that matters[/ame]

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4364610694104435210

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au-UVkCcMDg"]YouTube - HAWK TIME!![/ame]

can't find the link but there are a few fedor highlights that are awesome and get me pumped up.

jacobcoile

Awards
if those vids aren't workin:

google video search this:

1. the only marcelo garcia video that matters (This guy is amazing. good fast song -pearl jam with neil young-. Sorry might not work for weight lifting motivation. for me it does cause I am training BJJ under Marcelo so the vid is super motivating for me and anyone into grappling I'm sure)

2. cro cop highligh by the predator (it's called "The Final Chapter" it's long 15min but I use it and a one minute round timer to get in 3x5min rounds no breaks of MMA conditioning type training or to make it thru the first 10-15min set of some EDT "escalating density training" for that look up Charles Staley or Mike Mahler)

3. aaron pryor by liujin (it's called "Hawk Time!!" and was made by a friend of mine. My friend introduced me to this boxer's story and since he has been a favorite of mine. plus the song makes u wanna fight lol)

jacobcoile

Awards
metallica "Bleeding Me"
I also train capoeira and obviously Capoeira music is not gonna do it for most but sometimes during training or Rodas we blare Samba or Chimbalada music and this stuff could make road kill get up and move LOL. It's great for cardio, mp3 running music, or even heavy bag work. Also I use it to wake up in the mornings sometimes too. And I ain't talking bout that crappy techno or compilation cd type samba and chimbalada music here in the U.S. the real stuff usually you have to download, order, or find a brazilian grocery. also there is a sweet spot on picking what era it is from too old is not very upbeat and the newer stuff is a mixed bag. stuff for the 90's seems to be the most kick @$$ !

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
Bleeding Me=good $hit
do you like The Outlaw Torn? how about the new album, everyone is bashing it but I think its really good, alot like their old stuff

yghetr

yghetr

Awards
Bleeding Me=good $hit
do you like The Outlaw Torn? how about the new album, everyone is bashing it but I think its really good, alot like their old stuff

hardly bro...although the new album is starting to grow on me a little...Metallica lost their shine when cliff burton died...when jason newstead was picked up...he held his ground relatively decently...but not this new guy, **** him and **** lars...lars is a baby...because i am a REAL long time Metallica fan, i will admit that their newest album is ALRIGHT...but sounds nothing like the old stuff...imho