IA's 9-day split results....

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
I wanted to give out a little piece of info out to IA and others that have questioned his statemnets on 9-day training.

I did a short two-week cycle of methyl 1-test and for post cycle I wanted to ry something new (especially something that had lower volume than I was doing before. So, I gave the one BP every 9 days routine a go. Its really simple. All I do is have a push/pull/leg split, and seperate these three days by two days appart. SO, say Monday ius chest,shoulders, tri's. skip 2 days and then Thursday would be back/biceps, skip two days and then sunday would be legs. Skip 2, then back to chest, sh, tri's on Wednesday. All I do is 2 sets for all excercises, 1 exc/bp, and with very high intensity. I found out that doing both sets to absolute failure worked best for me. Well, besides Deads. Just play around with it a little bit to see what fits you best.

I making insane gains right now, not only in strength, but in size. And remember, I started this while doing PCT. I dunno, tthought I would give a heads up so you can actually hear from a real person that it does work.

Nice theory IA thanks for your insight brother...

EDIT: I didn't want to give the impression that this is what IA prescribes for folks. I just applied his thoughts and statemnets from his articles into my own routine. I'm sure he would custom fit it for myslef or anyone, and make even better gains. Just saying, that I'm not trying to step on anyones toes is all. :)

iron addict

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Jergo,

I have never had anyone fail on a 9 day rotation. It's not the solution for everyone and the majority of those I train are on a once in 7 days, but it is EXTREMELY effective for many people, under many circumstances. I commend you on having the balls to try it. Most people simply don't have the nuts to break out of the mold and try anything that goes against the grain. For guys that are just plain stuck in their progress, giving this format a try may be one of the most effective things you have ever done.

Iron Addict

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Jergo I hear ya bro, since reading some of IA and DC's thoughts I have been doing a three day split the same as yours except mine is every 7days instead of 9. My gains are great and strength steadily increases each week. It's funny I go in and do my all out set for each muscle and I'm out in 30mins and some of my bro's are like "what the f#%# was that" I try to explain but they just ignore me and stand there at half the size of myself.

IA I have to comment on one thing though, going in trying to beat last weeks lifts is extremely nerve racking. I sit there before the big set rocking back and forth like a mental patient because my stomach is in knots about whether or not I will beat myself. It's like playing in the big game down by 1 with 10 seconds to play 3 times a week:D

iron addict

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Jminis,

NOW, your getting it! Stressful at times huh!

Iron Addict

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Jergo I hear ya bro, since reading some of IA and DC's thoughts I have been doing a three day split the same as yours except mine is every 7days instead of 9. My gains are great and strength steadily increases each week. It's funny I go in and do my all out set for each muscle and I'm out in 30mins and some of my bro's are like "what the f#%# was that" I try to explain but they just ignore me and stand there at half the size of myself.

IA I have to comment on one thing though, going in trying to beat last weeks lifts is extremely nerve racking. I sit there before the big set rocking back and forth like a mental patient because my stomach is in knots about whether or not I will beat myself. It's like playing in the big game down by 1 with 10 seconds to play 3 times a week:D
Hehe, dude, the same $hit happens to me man. I get all stressed out and it fvcks with my head. Sometimes though, it works against me and the only reason I couldn't move up in an exc was cuz I psyched myself out too much. And then I'm in a bad mood for the next hour or so. :)

I couldn';t believe that I was actually going through with the new routine either. But I seemed to get used to it after awhile and its actually kind of laid back right now. I'm way above maintenance now and bulking, so I don't mind just sittin' back and stuffin' my face. :D

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
thats how i always feel when i'm trying to beat a lift... i'll stand there mumbling to myself, making my heart pump fast... making myself get ready and psyched up...

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Jminis,

NOW, your getting it! Stressful at times huh!

Iron Addict
Very much so IA but I look forward to going to the gym that much more because of it. I'm a person that always needs to win and be the best at things I love, BB is one of them. I honestly can't wait to get in the gym and beat my previous weeks poundage.

Jergo what I do is think of someone I really can't stand and then I imagine them telling me I can't do it, it's too heavy, etc. I get fired up because I'll be damned if someone is going to say I'm not good enough to do something.

size

Awards
  • Established
I think of how much I HATE the music that I am forced to listen to at the gym. Then I go BOOM and the weight goes up.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
I think of how much I HATE the music that I am forced to listen to at the gym. Then I go BOOM and the weight goes up.
LOL I feel your pain bro, I work out at the Y and sometimes people throw on some easy listening **** which makes me wanna puke. I get fired up to the point to where I finally just turn it and throw a few choice words if someone says something. It's usually the older newbs in the gym coming because of there new years resolution to get back that teenage body they never had.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
I do a one BP every 7 days now, have done every 9 days in the past..... it works!! I've been doing this type of training for the past 2 years, before that it was every 5 days

As IA said.... the hardest part IMO is getting out of the mold, the volume that some are so accustomed to in the BB'ing world. I would never go back to more than one BP every 7 days now, with the exception being calves :)

djhex36

Awards
i will be trying this routine soon, but to combat the musicthat's played in the gym, i have a small portable mp3 minidisc player, with some crazy songs to get me hyped when i lift, i juss don't think about anyone near me and just focus on how the music makes me feel and go nuts hehehe.

Bryan

Awards
I'm going to try this out post-cycle also. How does this look

Monday - Chest/tri/shoulders

DB Flat Bench 2xfailure
Dips 2xfailure
Military Press 2xfailure

Wednesday - Legs/Abs

Squats - 2xfailure
Stiff Leg DL - 2xfailure
weighted crunches 3xfailure

Saturday - Back/bis/traps

Deadlift - 2x3-5
Bent over rows 2xfailure
BB Curls 2xfailure
Shrugs 2x10-12

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to try this out post-cycle also. How does this look

Monday - Chest/tri/shoulders

DB Flat Bench 2xfailure
Dips 2xfailure
Military Press 2xfailure

Wednesday - Legs/Abs

Squats - 2xfailure
Stiff Leg DL - 2xfailure
weighted crunches 3xfailure

Saturday - Back/bis/traps

Deadlift - 2x3-5
Bent over rows 2xfailure
BB Curls 2xfailure
Shrugs 2x10-12
Well, thats not every 9 days bro. And IMO, thats too much volume. Why are you doing deads twice a week? Also, if training once/week, I wouldn't do both sets to failure. JMO.

Bryan

Awards
2 sets a week is overtraining? I must be super overtraining then hehe, I usually do 8-10 sets for chest/back/legs etc

iron addict

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Doing squats and stiff-legs on wed, and then following them up with conventional deads is a great way to seriously overtrain both your body as a whole, and your lower back/hams specifically. Shrugs for your traps are for people that don't deadlift. If you deadlift with intensity they are reduntant and will usually result in LESS trap growth.

Iron Addict

Bryan

Awards
so what would you suggest IA? getting rid of the shrugs, and altering deads and squats each week? and dropping SLDL all together?

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Bryan, IA devises EXACT routines for his clients bro. Try and read up on ALL of his articles that he has written and go from there. There's a lot of good info there, and you will be able to try a hit or miss approach with them. Thats how I did them and they have paid off quite a bit. There's so many variables for each and every person, that it will take some time for you to learn what does and doesn't work for you.

IMHO, I would drop one of the dead exc.. Stick to a push/pull/leg split, one BP/week. Use one-two exc/BP. Go with high intensity, and use the hit ot miss approach with straight sets, to failure sets, and beyond failure techniques. Start with the lesser, and gradually go up with the intensity until you hit a wall, and then back off. And most of all, read them articles!! I can't say how much those have helped me.

Good luck brother....

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
9 day plan works for me. just switched from the 7 day cycle. perhaps neural recovery improved as weight or reps increase with EVERY session. logged.