woooo! leg press pr!

slanno

slanno

Awards
New pr for leg press took a year off from maxing to see what I could do. My best last year was 200 3 times, now i got 250 ten times after doing my normal leg workout. I am tempted to go and try it again with just one all out press to see. Gonna go max out for all the rest of the big compound lifts this weekend. Ill keep yall updated. :good:

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
great job.......

FYI, ditch the press.

Squat and Deadlift...........

You will thank me.

slanno

slanno

Awards
great job.......

FYI, ditch the press.

Squat and Deadlift...........

You will thank me.
I know I will only thing is at my school we don't have anything for dead lifts, a bit of a bummer not to mention we have the *******s who think they are the weight clank cops... Its too late for me to go max out today, so I will have to update on Monday.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It is nice to go into the gym and max out like that. :)

BB Squats really are a better indicator of strength though, and they are so much harder. For example, I can get out 270 lb for 3x9 on the leg press machine, but I can only do 135-145 lb for Squats.

slanno

slanno

Awards
I absolutely love to max out, but yall are correct in saying flat press needs to be replaced with squats.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established

84bandit

bro, squats are the king of all lifts. they work you so much more, and release more test. and are a much better indicator of strength

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
bro, squats are the king of all lifts. they work you so much more, and release more test. and are a much better indicator of strength
x2 and reps

leg press= ego lift and rounded back

Squat and deads= very accurate method of measuring functional strength.

slanno

slanno

Awards
You don't have a barbell and some weights?
Asked the guy running the gym if i could do that, but he said that it was too easy for people to drop the weight on their feet or some such bs.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
If your gym doesn't friggin' allow you to do the best movements out there, you should really join a different one.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Asked the guy running the gym if i could do that, but he said that it was too easy for people to drop the weight on their feet or some such bs.
Maybe if you're using a sumo stance (still hard to land on your toes), or are a f*cking idiot.

Just do it and if he gives you any sh*t, start doing power cleans. :clean:

slanno

slanno

Awards
Haha, was planning on it besides whats the worst that could happen i get kicked out?

slanno

slanno

Awards
If your gym doesn't friggin' allow you to do the best movements out there, you should really join a different one.
Sad thing is i live in a town with a population less then 10,000 and it is the only other gym in town. The closest out of town gym is 30 miles away.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
wow, that is a little town for sure!

Haha- where I live there is a gym practically in every shopping center, and there is a shopping center every 2-4 miles almost. But then again I'm in Southern California, where there are a TON of really vain people that don't know how the hell to work out.

slanno

slanno

Awards
Heheh, podunk texas for me, but im going to load up a bb and do it anyway. Im just glad to even have a gym to go to, I have no room otherwise i would buy an Olympic weight set.

tribaltek

tribaltek

All Traps - No Tris
Awards
  • Established
Time for a home gym!
Sad thing is i live in a town with a population less then 10,000 and it is the only other gym in town. The closest out of town gym is 30 miles away.

slanno

slanno

Awards
I wish ^^ kinda in a bad situation right now short on money and space not to mention my moms going through some control freak you cant have any weights in my house bull shitmatta.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Heheh, podunk texas for me, but im going to load up a bb and do it anyway. Im just glad to even have a gym to go to, I have no room otherwise i would buy an Olympic weight set.
Texas, huh? I'll be moving there next summer. Hopefully the city of Dallas has more than just 1 within a 30 mi radius :rolleyes:

I think loading that BB would be good. I mean, who is really going to tell you "no you can't do that here! Bad man! Bad man!" When you are working out well?

slanno

slanno

Awards
Hehe I really doubt they will say drop it! As for Texas yes ma'm born and raised, and I would say that if you had to move to any city in Texas coming from a highly populated state like Cali Dallas Houston or Austin are your best bets.

slanno

slanno

Awards
Update, just started the 5x5 workout going to max out squats bench and dead lift this Friday ill will keep yall posted. :aargh:

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hehe I really doubt they will say drop it! As for Texas yes ma'm born and raised, and I would say that if you had to move to any city in Texas coming from a highly populated state like Cali Dallas Houston or Austin are your best bets.
I don't particularly like well populated areas. I'm not a city girl at all. I love the country and live on a bit of land here in CA. My husband and I will be moving to Dallas though, so he can start Grad School out there.

slanno

slanno

Awards
Good deal, dallas is really a pretty nice area there are parts that aren't people stacked on top of each other. I hope you and your husband don't mind dumb rednecks because no matter where you go in texas they are always around. Best of luck to yall with the move.

slanno

slanno

Awards
Repped out 225 on deadlift today, not gonna lie it felt good to see a guy i work out with's jaw drop hehehe

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
How deep should one go with leg presses? I try to go till the top of my thighs touch or almost touch my stomach. Is that too low? Or, should just come down 90 degrees?

slanno

slanno

Awards
How deep should one go with leg presses? I try to go till the top of my thighs touch or almost touch my stomach. Is that too low? Or, should just come down 90 degrees?
Personally I lower the rack till my legs almost touch my chest around 1-2 inches away, hold it then explode upward.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

You need to be going as low as you can- Knees to nipples, as my husband says. :) This does cause back rounding for some people, but that can be solved by placing an extra pad against the back of the seat.

However squats are superior to leg presses.

slanno

slanno

Awards
I get much more of a burn doing atg squats then doing leg presses even with two times the weight.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
I get much more of a burn doing atg squats then doing leg presses even with two times the weight.

now your getting it.........

Stick with the squats and deads. You will get bigger and stronger.

If the form gets sloppy, drop that weight.

Good luck and happy lifting. :)

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
dude you are living in hell...heaven is only 30 miles away!

BigFrank61

Awards
good work with the leg press and switching to squat/deads... i squat and dead quite often.. but i still love to switch it up and hit a leg press up... just be careful on your squats, only bad things about them, got to watch out for your back. maybe throw a set of goodmornings into your workout also, strengthen up that lower back.... just be very careful and keep your form.. never sacrifice alot of weight for form..

10,000 is small? well dam. im in a town of 3,000 but our gym head isnt a ****. used to be a power lifter himself... i also grew up in a town of 100. (more cattle/chickens than people) i live in kansas lol.

slanno

slanno

Awards
good work with the leg press and switching to squat/deads... i squat and dead quite often.. but i still love to switch it up and hit a leg press up... just be careful on your squats, only bad things about them, got to watch out for your back. maybe throw a set of goodmornings into your workout also, strengthen up that lower back.... just be very careful and keep your form.. never sacrifice alot of weight for form..

10,000 is small? well dam. im in a town of 3,000 but our gym head isnt a ****. used to be a power lifter himself... i also grew up in a town of 100. (more cattle/chickens than people) i live in kansas lol.
Form first, everything else comes because of it. Any town with a pop below 10k is small, but i do know what you mean about being surrounded by cows and chickens man hahaha.

BigFrank61

Awards
aha ya not the greatest place to live for some. but i enjoy it. 3,000 is just right for me. still got alot of cheese dicks who come to the gym who just stand and flex in the mirror, but just laugh at them ahah.

Schecterx

Schecterx

Awards
Leg presses hurt my knees, and with more weight round my back which is uncomfortable. Our machine is pretty shitty though. Squats/Dead lifts/Weighted lunges for the win.

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
yeah I think LPs are what has my knees hurting now. Wonder if I start wrapping them if that help with the pain, or prevent further injury while doing LPs. I will take a break from them for a while and do more squats. Do you guys do leg curls, and hip abductors. I know, I know HA might be too girly for you big buffs lol.

slanno

slanno

Awards
yeah I think LPs are what has my knees hurting now. Wonder if I start wrapping them if that help with the pain, or prevent further injury while doing LPs. I will take a break from them for a while and do more squats. Do you guys do leg curls, and hip abductors. I know, I know HA might be too girly for you big buffs lol.
Lol have you taken even a passing glance at me man? Im tiny, but yes i do leg curls, and hip abductors. :) Half of the stuff i do in the gym has people staring at me so, I got used to it well that and i really couldn't care less what people think.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Lol have you taken even a passing glance at me man? Im tiny, but yes i do leg curls, and hip abductors. :) Half of the stuff i do in the gym has people staring at me so, I got used to it well that and i really couldn't care less what people think.
who gives a phock......

when your stacking 2 or 3 plates and squatting ATG, then they are going to look brother.

BigFrank61

Awards
who gives a dam who looks... i use my weight and if they look they look it doesnt amuse me nor bother me... its my time to workout and thats what im gonna do.

slanno

slanno

Awards
Amen to that, ... today is the last day i get to you use free weights till after the day of thanks, always have the bowflex just dosent feel the same. Any tips for maintenance exercises i can do at home with say just some dumbbells?

crowpass

crowpass

Awards
  • Established
btw Dallas Texes is the ****... i grew up here man!

slanno

slanno

Awards
Dallas is pretty cool ^^, anyway.... update time!

squats maxed out at 235
deads maxed out at 245 yay!flat
flat bench maxed at 205, but felt like i could get a bit more
weighted pull ups got 5 reps with a 45
i am glad i did all of this before I did my normal routine, cause after wards i felt like jello.

BigFrank61

Awards
good work, just keep improving. just back from the gym myself.