Douche bags and gyms?

tirtle88

tirtle88

Awards
Everyone here is always talking about douche bags at their gym...:lol: What do you guys think makes a douche bag at their gym....
I got 1 wearing sunglasses inside the gym:hammer:

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
How many of these type of threads are you going to make?
This sort of thing needs to be moved to the General Chat Section.

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I finally gave up on my amazing University Gym because it was so douchebag/fratted out that I could barely stand it. Want to see the worst of working out...come on by. haha I made my own gym ina garage made of corregated tin and love it moe than anything. :squat:

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
there's a guy that will get upset if you go to the DB rack and get in between him and the mirror. even if the DB you want is right in front of him. doesn't help he's 10 feet away from the mirror.

he also does heavy cheat curls using his back, uses 25 pound dumbells, and grunts like a llama in heat.

squatting in the curl rack is what he will upgrade himself to once he becomes less of a douche.

Caferacer

Caferacer

Awards
  • Established
there's a guy that will get upset if you go to the DB rack and get in between him and the mirror. even if the DB you want is right in front of him. doesn't help he's 10 feet away from the mirror.

he also does heavy cheat curls using his back, uses 25 pound dumbells, and grunts like a llama in heat.

squatting in the curl rack is what he will upgrade himself to once he becomes less of a douche.
Or do llamas grunt in heat like a scrawny douche bag lifting?

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Everyone here is always talking about douche bags at their gym...:lol: What do you guys think makes a douche bag at their gym....
Oh yeah. I go tone of those. The guy at my gym wears big aviator style but with purple lenses.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established

Its even better when he's so close too the rack doing curls/shrugs that the weights nearly hit the rack with every rep, but when you grab a weight from in front of him your the a$$hole

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
this so aint for the trianing forum.

But douchebags.. oh damn, where do i start. I hate anyone inconsiderate at the gym.

Persons who hog the squat rack or bench doing 10 sets with 3 - 5 min rests in between.

Persons who stand too close to the weights rack

Persons who get in the way

Training partners who just sit or stand in front of the machine and chat chat chat.

I get so angry when the gym gets crowded too.

There are no real weirdos at my gym though, i.e people who wear sunglasses or anything else retarded.

tirtle88

tirtle88

Awards
this so aint for the trianing forum.

But douchebags.. oh damn, where do i start. I hate anyone inconsiderate at the gym.

Persons who hog the squat rack or bench doing 10 sets with 3 - 5 min rests in between.

Persons who stand too close to the weights rack

Persons who get in the way

Training partners who just sit or stand in front of the machine and chat chat chat.

I get so angry when the gym gets crowded too.

There are no real weirdos at my gym though, i.e people who wear sunglasses or anything else retarded.

It could be if its how to handle training around douche bags lol :rofl:

Wolfenstein

Wolfenstein

Awards
  • Established
It could be if its how to handle training around douche bags lol :rofl:
Sounds like some people are having a focus problem in there training routines. Do like dorian and keep your head down inbetween sets and dont make eye contact. works for me!

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Sounds like some people are having a focus problem in there training routines. Do like dorian and keep your head down inbetween sets and dont make eye contact. works for me!
I agree..

It seems like it is all perception.. I am sure those people who you think are D-bags, prob look at you like "look at this D-Bag" lol

I been working out in the same gym for 3+ years, at the same time, and have never talked to one person.. I put my ear buds in, and try to avoid looking at people all together.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Heads down, thumbs up..i used to love that game.:donut:

tirtle88

tirtle88

Awards

yea thats the tip i got from an article in a mag about dorians training :good:

tirtle88

tirtle88

Awards
I agree..

It seems like it is all perception.. I am sure those people who you think are D-bags, prob look at you like "look at this D-Bag" lol

I been working out in the same gym for 3+ years, at the same time, and have never talked to one person.. I put my ear buds in, and try to avoid looking at people all together.
no u got me all wrong, douche bags dont bother me its just on these forums everyones complainin about douche bags, and i just wanted insight on what makes a douche bag, so i wont be one, get it cuz sometimes i like to wear a hat like dorian yates to focus better block out everyone :frustrate, but some might see it as being douchy

but i just wanted to know if, what things are douchy, so i wont be one, get it lol :rofl:

Vicarious

Vicarious

Awards
  • Established
i love gym douche bag threads! I just started a new gym where the 'big guys' lift..or so i heard..i was at my other gym for over 3 yrs and it was relatively douchbag free. the new gym however...full-o-douchebags...they should change the name.. "douchebag fitness". it would have kept me from joining.

Word of advice for any gym owners out there or those aspiring to own a gym...if your DB's go past 120 don't feel the need to come up to someone actually using them and tell them not to drop the weights to hard..or complain when a 120 db makes a noise when it hits the ground...and don't get me started on deadlifts!!! i put 405 on the bar and immediately had some gym "trainer guy" come over and comment on dropping the weight. So I said no problem and put another plate on...douches!!!!!!!

super douchbag is "rub your girlfriend's shoulders guy"...I have a terd at my gym who hogs equipment while fondling his girlfriend and chatting with other 'big guys'. the other day i interrupted his quality time and asked if he was finished. Before i was finished asking he got all pissy and blurted out had 3 sets left. I just looked at him..then at his gym skank and said...well get friggin going then! I'm not making friends at my new gym.. :( come to think of it...Maybe I'm the douche...but i put all my weights back down to the last plate..and that sucks leg pressing...but i do it...I wipe down my equipment...don't hog equipment and stay out the way

long post...i was venting...........

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
I agree..

Perception is there, but not necessarily.

In hell professional gyms, the douche bag effect doesn't really occur because there are plenty of weights and racks.

But in some gyms like the university gyms, u do tend to get very inconsiderate dickheads who just socialize and do stupid things and this has a major effect when there is limited equipment.

A good example is the bench press. for example, there are two training partners who do 10 sets each.. with long untimed breaks where they jsut chat away....

whiteonblackL

whiteonblackL

Awards
Perception is there, but not necessarily.

In hell professional gyms, the douche bag effect doesn't really occur because there are plenty of weights and racks.

But in some gyms like the university gyms, u do tend to get very inconsiderate dickheads who just socialize and do stupid things and this has a major effect when there is limited equipment.

A good example is the bench press. for example, there are two training partners who do 10 sets each.. with long untimed breaks where they jsut chat away....

im in the college gyms, full of idiots, i am in there everyday and i have yet to see the same people twice lol and EVERYSINGLE one of them does a **** load of curls and a little bench, and looks in the mirrors flexing with their friends, never see them again. lol

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
there's a couple old guys who fall asleep on the machines in between their sets.

i should mention as well, in my earlier post, about the guy doing curls, he's italian and says "yo" a lot. every time i pass him, i start singing "eye of the tiger". i think he hates me.

the only guys that really bother me, are the "flex up guys". you know, the ones who stalk you around the gym, use equipment right next to you, and flex when you look their way. i asked one of them for their number once, and he's left me alone since then.

jon671

jon671

Awards
  • Established
Douche bags are everywhere it's just at the gym your stuck with them while they lift. But then you got the chicks:woohoo:
Good reason for cardio.

jon671

jon671

Awards
  • Established
Maybe he is looking at poon?

Disturbed

Disturbed

Awards
Maybe he is looking at poon?
I have a DB in my gym that wears a bandanna folded up like the karate kid.He seems like an alright guy but what the hell is up with the bandannas and doo rags.Some guys think it's a fashion show at the gym with all their under armor crap.You would think they are being sponsored.Hell just put on a tshirt and some shorts and do work!!

jon671

jon671

Awards
  • Established
I have a DB in my gym that wears a bandanna folded up like the karate kid.He seems like an alright guy but what the hell is up with the bandannas and doo rags.Some guys think it's a fashion show at the gym with all their under armor crap.You would think they are being sponored.Hell just put on a tshirt and some shorts and do work!!
I usually wear crappy clothes to the gym. I'm practically married, but even if I wasn't I would not dress up for the gym. Even out of the gym metro dude are sell outs IMO. Metro far from survival of the fittest.

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
there's a couple old guys who fall asleep on the machines in between their sets.

i should mention as well, in my earlier post, about the guy doing curls, he's italian and says "yo" a lot. every time i pass him, i start singing "eye of the tiger". i think he hates me.

the only guys that really bother me, are the "flex up guys". you know, the ones who stalk you around the gym, use equipment right next to you, and flex when you look their way. i asked one of them for their number once, and he's left me alone since then.

LOL!!! that's hillarious.

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
im in the college gyms, full of idiots, i am in there everyday and i have yet to see the same people twice lol and EVERYSINGLE one of them does a **** load of curls and a little bench, and looks in the mirrors flexing with their friends, never see them again. lol

exactly, same problem here. I go to the uni gym and while there is a group of dudes who are regulars, there are heaps of 1 Session Wonders doing exactly that. But I only have a problem if they cause some form of interference with my workout (which they do by hogging the benches, and just taking heaps of free weights when they can only use 2 at a time).

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
I work out at school as well, and see people come in one time and never again lol. The people that I do see multiple times are always doing curls and bench.only. Love it.
I hate guys that load up the weight and just have the most atrocious form you've ever seen, and they get up like flexin and lookin around with a hard look on their face.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CompeteNPC Pro Bodybuilding 19
Driven2lift General Chat 10
B5150 General Chat 182
mikeg313 General Chat 40
Vance General Chat 14724