The forearm curve

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established

^ What exercises & rep schemes best develop this curve in the forearm? I can't get it for the life of me.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
one arm reverse cable rows..also the forearm stretch(from Dc) but be careful with it. I could have done mine in this way.

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
^ Just started those today, as a matter of fact. I got a pump in the area, hopefully prolonged use will treat me well.

BigCityLife

Awards
If you are looking for pump in the forearm and overall development, I would suggest using wrist roller. I also struggle a lot when it comes to forearms but wrist rollers make your forearm work like crazy.

Joshua86

Awards
  • Established
I think the key is to work the forearms from a variety of angles by switching up your exercises and angles on a regular basis. Right now I mainly work my forearms using barbell wrist curls and reverse dumbbell wrist curls, but I'm prone to switching it up on a whim.

But I second hammer curls and reverse one-arm cable curls!

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Using a barbell to do your curls with a reverse grip and make sure your thumb is over the bar will help also.

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
barbell curls, db curls and reverse grip barbell curls low weight, and hammer curls my friend

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
The brachioradialis will be worked from bicep curls as it stabilizes the elbow joint during flexion above 90 degrees.

nephilim666

nephilim666

Awards
  • Established
reverse preachers, hammers, and dont lift with gloves.

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Jump rope with a weighted jump rope!!!! Cardio and forearm development at the same time!

Mr.50

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
drop straps and gloves. heavy DB or BB holds. reverse curls, hammers, concentration hammers. i like using the rope attachment, but grabbing it with one hand and doing one arm concentration hammer curls.

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
Jump rope with a weighted jump rope!!!! Cardio and forearm development at the same time!

Mr.50

I would imagine that would work forearm supinators, possibly extensor/flexor. The main biomechanical purpose of the brachioradialis is for stabilization of the elbow joint. You can see this from a vector analysis of the brachioradialis as it is contracted at various degrees of elbow flexion, it has a small rotational force with a large stabilization force.

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I would imagine that would work forearm supinators, possibly extensor/flexor. The main biomechanical purpose of the brachioradialis is for stabilization of the elbow joint. You can see this from a vector analysis of the brachioradialis as it is contracted at various degrees of elbow flexion, it has a small rotational force with a large stabilization force.

Agreed but the brachioradialis also receives a lot of stimulation in jumping rope becasue there is stabilization of the elbow joint (actually slight flexion and extension on each rotatin of the rope) each time the body moves up and down and the point of rotation must stay relatively stable to maintain a rythem.

Mr.50

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Do you think Hammer curls and Reverse db curls together in one session would be overkill? Or should I save one exercise for one session, and the next for another?

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
Agreed but the brachioradialis also receives a lot of stimulation in jumping rope becasue there is stabilization of the elbow joint (actually slight flexion and extension on each rotatin of the rope) each time the body moves up and down and the point of rotation must stay relatively stable to maintain a rythem.

Mr.50

Makes sense.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
OP, if you want a solid forearm workout, PM Volcom, or just read one of his recent logs. hes a forearm afficionado (spelling?).

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
Will do. Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. By all means, if there's anything else, keep the responses coming.