Biceps - AnabolicMinds.com

Biceps

1. New Member

Biceps

Bicep is my wakpoint guys, what is gd program exercise, sets for bi's, i do back bicep once a week, for my lats i do 4 exercise wit 3 sets, and biceps is 3 exercise 3 sets.. very slow progress, do i need to do it 3x week? 4 execise wit 3 sets? pls advise thnks guys...

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  150 lbs.

What are you going for size or definition?
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  178 lbs.

idk if you would like but i break down my workouts to body parts a day so its looks like
    Monday-Chest
    Tues-Bis
    Wednesday-tris and legs
    Thurs-Shoulders
    Fri-Back
    my bicep workout i do a whole workout just training Bis looks like
    Incline DB curl 4 sets of 6-8 reps (for all exercises)
    Standing ez curl 4 sets 6-8 reps
    i use to cable machines one does a standing concentration curl
    other one does a bent over concentration curl for the top part of your bis to hit all angles
    hope this helps good luck
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by onimusha View Post
    Bicep is my wakpoint guys, what is gd program exercise, sets for bi's, i do back bicep once a week, for my lats i do 4 exercise wit 3 sets, and biceps is 3 exercise 3 sets.. very slow progress, do i need to do it 3x week? 4 execise wit 3 sets? pls advise thnks guys...

If your looking for arm info, MY suggestion is Poliquin articles. get on google and read as much stuff from poliquin on arms. Read everything you can get your eyes on. Some of his stuff is a little off, but is great. Im really not into him on supplementation and i read other stuff on the major muscle training(not saying Poliquin doesnt know his stuff about core and major muscles), but his arm articles are great and work. Use every principal he offers.
  5. Professional Member

Chances are you're already training your biceps too much and they aren't having enough time to recover. They definitely wouldn't have enough time to recover working them out 3 times a week unless you're some super freak or on 'special supplements'.

Also, in order to grow your biceps significantly, you're entire body needs to grow. How many scrawny guys do you see with huge biceps? How many huge guys do you see with small biceps? The arms of most people are proportional to the rest of their bodies. Yours probably are too.
  6. New Member

wanted size, i do it 2x a week now... or maybe once is enaf?
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by onimusha View Post
    wanted size, i do it 2x a week now... or maybe once is enaf?
    I would say that once is enough, twice is alright. Personally, I love working biceps out with back. A lot of the exercises (pullups, pulldowns, rows) involve a lot of bicep work, and your muscles are more likely to grow during compound exercises such as these.
  8. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fear View Post
    I would say that once is enough, twice is alright. Personally, I love working biceps out with back. A lot of the exercises (pullups, pulldowns, rows) involve a lot of bicep work, and your muscles are more likely to grow during compound exercises such as these.
    if your gonna go the other route, and work bi's on a different day. make sure that there's 2 or even 3 days between your back and bi W/O, to minimize overtraining of the bi's.
  9. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

try this split

chest, bi, 4arm
    back, calves, trap
    cardio
    delt, tri
    legs
    rest
    rest

ive had better progress imo with working biceps not on the same day as back.
  10. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    ive had better progress imo with working biceps not on the same day as back.
    agreed, by the time i get done with back and try and do bi's, i get about 4 or 5 sets in, and i'm done, it takes away from my bi wotkout doing them both on the same day, imo
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

After my back routine on Tuesday, I add some isolation biceps work. Usually it's something along the lines of one-arm DB preacher curls, alternating incline DB curls, or concentration curls. I'll do 4-6 total sets for biceps depending on what I'm feeling that day, and how intense I plan to be with those sets.

I work my biceps again on Friday, along with triceps and forearms. I don't work them to a great degree, because my biceps have already gotten pounded on Tuesday, and my triceps are worked on Mondays with chest, and Thursdays with shoulders. Forearms are also worked a lot during the week, especially with back. But I still like to give them some independent training.

My arms workout is usually my most dynamic routine: I switch it up often. Usually I'll start with a triceps exercise such as close-grip bench or dips, followed by barbell curls (with an arm blaster if you have one), then a couple supersets of triceps/biceps. This is followed by freestyle reverse pushup sets, and then finished with forearm training.

Some of the biceps exercises I like to use include:
    Standing Curls (with arm blaster if available)
    Seated Incline DB Curls
    Standing Cable Curls
    Preacher Curls
    Pullups (close-grip and underhanded)

I hold the contraction at the top of every curl movement for a moment, which makes the muscles work harder, pumps more blood into the muscle, and causes more forceful contractions and muscle fiber recruitment. After each set of biceps I'll pronate and supinate my wrist a few times, followed by flexing my biceps for about 10-15 seconds, and then some rest before the next set (I wait about 1-1.5 minutes between sets). After my biceps workout I'll stretch for a little bit, followed by flexing for about 1 minute. Then I'll go between stretching and flexing in different ways to finish off. I go for mass, but I want improved muscle definition along the way. With the results I've been seeing personally, I think I'm achieving this. My arms and shoulders are especially lean in appearance, as most of the excess body fat I have is stored elsewhere, so more definition shows through. Flex between sets, and flex after workouts! You'll notice a difference over time. If anything, it helps improve muscle control.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. 5x5 for Biceps???
    By BaDgErFaN in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-02-2010, 09:49 PM
  2. biceps
    By njlprec in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-15-2009, 07:52 PM
  3. Biceps too much or just right?
    By HITLIST in forum Workout Logs