who's a screamer

tirtle88

tirtle88

Awards
I know sometimes i get a little too psycho in the gym when im in the zone:lol: anyone else? in the words of ronnie coleman lightweight baby!!!! :head:

sportsfan4110

sportsfan4110

Awards
yeah i do, especially on deads and squat. when i go really heavy and on my last few reps i tend to "grunt" a little to loud sometimes, but i don't care because i do what it takes to get those last few reps. to me it helps to grunt and it really helps knock out those last few reps that produce growth.

whiteonblackL

whiteonblackL

Awards
i never thought about it and i read this right before i went to lift, and i did on squats and deads...lol

whiteonblackL

whiteonblackL

Awards
Haha well i work out at the college gym and NO one is ever in there :)

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Haha well i work out at the college gym and NO one is ever in there :)
Haha me too. I've used alot of college gyms and nobody is ever there. Too busy studyin'. Or binge drinking.

I kinda make a growling grunt type of noise on those last few heavy reps..

tirtle88

tirtle88

Awards
my friend says when i lift heavy i sould like im giving birth:clean::rofl::saw:

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't say i scream but sometimes if its a real intense workout i'll be spitting on the roof/mirrors like a tard. Damn i haven't had one of those sessions in awhile :(

maybe a little grunt too

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
I sometimes cry
i "lol'd" real life there. Could just imagine it. Everytime you squeeze a rep out there comes a little whimper and some tears! :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
I sometimes cry
:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

I used to be worried about what I did or how I sounded, but now I dont give a damn...Im there to work, its my passion, do what you have to do to get it done

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
not a screamer,butt a rassper!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuPu-kfI-TI"]YouTube - Gags - The Gym - laugh out loud![/ame]

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
depends on what gym i'm at. I work out alot after work at the corporate gym and it's surrounding by offices so if i got to loud or even drop the weights management comes by. If i'm at my regular gym then I might make some noise depending how heavy i'm going

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I don't really scream or grunt. I try to hold that back and just release air in a psssst fashion. It's fun.

Caferacer

Caferacer

Awards
  • Established
I just turn interesting shades of red and purple.

My friends can actually tell how many reps I have left before failure by the shade of red I turn.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I tend to stare at everyone like I want to kill them. I enjoy that actually.

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya I grunt in the gym! So everyone can see who jacked and tan I am! :lol: Sorry reminded me of that.

Personally dont get screaming.... definitely loud breathes out though. Never really thought about too much. Somettimes really heavy weigth needs that extra push...

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
I tend to stare at everyone like I want to kill them. I enjoy that actually.
hahaha same here bro.

I might even strike a mean face, stick my tongue like im showing my fangs like Andrei Arlovski does after winning a fight, usually in the middle of squats, or deads. Im sure the ppl at the gym think im a raging psychopath.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
I know I hate it when Im in the middle of a big lift, especially squats and some lil b!tch (guy) stares at me, for some reason it breaks my focus, the girls are welcome to stare but not the other guys, they have this 'awe' stare...I hate that

Justright88

Awards
I never scream in the gym, controlled breathing yea, but screaming no. The only screaming incident I heard about in my college gym was a prank. The kid benched 225 a couple times got up ripped his shirt off and yelled at everyone to look at how jacked and tan he was.

Matt6969

Awards
  • Established
i yell on heavy sets for the last few reps when i am having trouble and i always yell on a MaxOut

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I never scream in the gym, controlled breathing yea, but screaming no. The only screaming incident I heard about in my college gym was a prank. The kid benched 225 a couple times got up ripped his shirt off and yelled at everyone to look at how jacked and tan he was.
That would have been ****ing hilarious!!!

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
Bros!! Speaking of this topic, I just noticed they opened up a small gym by my house and it has a ...... wait for it...... get ready .... NO GRUNTING POLICY. wow man, wow. LMFAO

Dyou

Dyou

Awards
  • Established
i may grunt alittle but i dont like it when people scream i just feel they are saying "look at me!" only story i have of a screamer is when i was in iraq me and my friend were working out and we heard this guy just scream like he just lifted a truck when we look over he has 225 on the bench and he has to weigh atlest 250 prob 6'3 and the guy next to us said he did it twice im 5'10-5'11 180lbs and i sat next to him and repped out 225 12 times looked at him like he was stupid and went about my work out

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
At my apartment i do alot, mostly to piss of my **** neighbors who call the cops on my party and get me an underage...

*cough* 0.0

.. yeah i do...

tirtle88

tirtle88

Awards
Bros!! Speaking of this topic, I just noticed they opened up a small gym by my house and it has a ...... wait for it...... get ready .... NO GRUNTING POLICY. wow man, wow. LMFAO
lol :lol:

Sergiu

Awards
I don't really grunt, but I make this noise... Like the wind on the mountains. lol. People around me make fun of it and make me want to throw the dumbbell after them because they make me laugh.