24 hour fitness?

tirtle88

tirtle88

Awards
Is 24 hour fitness the most hardcore gym out of all the other famous gym lol??? bally total fitness, la fitness, etc. :lol:

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
i'm from Chicago. so here it's, X-Sport open 24/7 356. and no, i don't work there

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I actually liked the 24 hr. fitness chain in SoCal. Mostly because of the hours, but their sections were not bad at all (granted no 115s, but up to 100s.)

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
i'm from Chicago. so here it's, X-Sport open 24/7 356. and no, i don't work there
Hell ya. I used too have a membership there. First class amenities, but gym rat weights. The DB's at my place went up too 130-135, cant remember exactly.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
the 24hr i go to has dbs that go up to 125.
but it also has a lot of douchebags at certain times.
so i use my home gym 1/2 the time to get a break from it all.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
the 24hr i go to has dbs that go up to 125.
but it also has a lot of douchebags at certain times.
so i use my home gym 1/2 the time to get a break from it all.
You work out?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
joelast

joelast

Awards
the best "famous" gym in CT is obviously Golds Gym... I'm not sure if your even considering it in this question though. Other than that though I worked out at New York Sports Club and if you go at the right time the weights are empty and there plenty of hot moms doin cardio:woohoo:

tirtle88

tirtle88

Awards
the best "famous" gym in CT is obviously Golds Gym... I'm not sure if your even considering it in this question though. Other than that though I worked out at New York Sports Club and if you go at the right time the weights are empty and there plenty of hot moms doin cardio:woohoo:

Golds gym is considered one of the cool ones:hammer:

jasonschaffin

Awards
  • Established
Biased because I work there, but my 24 Hour Fitness is pretty cool. My old district manager was a world class bench presser. I can use chalk for deads/cleans/snatches whatever. I can make all the noise I want when doing heavy deads/cleans whatever. Dumbbells go to 125 lbs.
Just dont drop the DB's, they do break. If you can't hang on to 125 lbs then you got more to worry about then shrugging it!

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
My 24-hour fitness has 160lb dumbells.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My 24-hour fitness has 160lb dumbells.
Do they hang around the squat racks doing curls and checking out the cardio chicks while talking on their phones?

tribaltek

tribaltek

All Traps - No Tris
Awards
  • Established
Not sure if you have "Powerhouse Gym" in your area, but before mine closed down due to competition (24 hour was built 1 mile away), it was hands down my favorite gym of all time. Everything a bodybuilder needs and then some. I miss that place :(

jasonschaffin

Awards
  • Established
Do they hang around the squat racks doing curls and checking out the cardio chicks while talking on their phones?
Thats the 130's and 140's. The 160's sometimes actually squat. Sometimes...

BLANCO7

BLANCO7

Awards
i go to the 24 down here in miami (kendall area). at least it's has a squat rack and a power rack. i'm very content with the available equipment. i have a bunch of weekend warriors at my gym with the exception of a few swole dudes but i saw someone deadlifting for the first time. as for squatting, everyone either uses the smith and those that do use the squat rack don't even squat below parallel. everyone else is either using the machines or in front of db's looking themselves in the huge mirror that runs the length of the whole db rack after they do their sets of db curls, arnold presses, etc.

i don't go to the gym for the people, i go for the lifting and 24 has provided me with the necessary equipment to get my 5x5 routine done. i'm satisfied

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
haha nope but they collect dust most days. in my city there is approx 80,000 people with 6 or so gyms (not including womens gyms) and the guys you speak of are at golds with wife beaters on and at the ymca working out in large groups grunting loudly.

punasher808

Awards
The 24 hour on Maui, is not to great. I use to work their. Power house is OK, the Gyms on Maui leave something to be desired. But you do what you have to to get a workout in.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I prefer Gold's but 24-Hour Fitness does have hotter babes.

wrkn4bigrmusles

Awards
  • Established
I dislike paying membership fees so I stay on the military base and workout, its free, and there are no b*tches gripes or complaints about anything out of the ordinary. So really we have free rein of the gym, just rerack the weights and dont break sh*t and your okay.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I dislike paying membership fees so I stay on the military base and workout, its free, and there are no b*tches gripes or complaints about anything out of the ordinary. So really we have free rein of the gym, just rerack the weights and dont break sh*t and your okay.
i never understood why alot of military guys pay to workout else where. Im sure the gyms on the base have satisfactory equipment....at least all the ones i have been to did.

i go to 24hr basically because of the hours and the equipment, its the best around here. I dont think its pussy either, there are alot of hardcore dudes there too, see some pros there from time to time, people deadlift, squat, use chalk, all that plus there are hot chicks too. win win for me.

wrkn4bigrmusles

Awards
  • Established
i never understood why alot of military guys pay to workout else where. Im sure the gyms on the base have satisfactory equipment....at least all the ones i have been to did.

i go to 24hr basically because of the hours and the equipment, its the best around here. I dont think its pussy either, there are alot of hardcore dudes there too, see some pros there from time to time, people deadlift, squat, use chalk, all that plus there are hot chicks too. win win for me.
PP you're in Hawaii right

that 24hr fitness in mililani is horrible unless you seriously workout at midnight. I did a membership there and almost gave up immediately when I realized that the times i liked to workout weren't the best.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
PP you're in Hawaii right

that 24hr fitness in mililani is horrible unless you seriously workout at midnight. I did a membership there and almost gave up immediately when I realized that the times i liked to workout weren't the best.
what was so bad about it? just the amount of people?

tirtle88

tirtle88

Awards

quincy taylor workouts at 24 hour fitness at midnight.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
ive seen lee ingram in there alot and i even saw melvin anthony a few times. there are alot of amateur male and females there as well. not to mention just your avg huge mofoz

TheAlchemist

Awards
the mililani one is not too bad, bishop is my favorite though (nice and cozy)

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
the mililani one is not too bad, bishop is my favorite though (nice and cozy)
never been to that one. I think ive only been to the mililani one and my regular, the one in pearl kai. Where are you from?

wrkn4bigrmusles

Awards
  • Established
I may check out the powerhouse gym and golds gym when i get back to the island.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I may check out the powerhouse gym and golds gym when i get back to the island.
yeah i would check out powerhouse and golds but idk i guess if they had one time fees or something. I get comfortable with my gym, i know where everything is and i see the same faces.

cgoode

cgoode

Awards
  • Established
i use the Y's they have dbells up to 150 so i cant complain

ILiftBig

Awards
Is 24 hour fitness the most hardcore gym out of all the other famous gym lol??? bally total fitness, la fitness, etc. :lol:
24 Hour Fitness is HORRIBLE! I swore years back that if I ever had to train in a commercial gym again, I would rather quite lifting. That was 9 years ago and I'm still training.....in my garage.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
24 Hour Fitness is HORRIBLE! I swore years back that if I ever had to train in a commercial gym again, I would rather quite lifting. That was 9 years ago and I'm still training.....in my garage.
some of us dont have room for equipment...

ILiftBig

Awards
some of us dont have room for equipment...
Here is what a few of us did a few years back. We started a key club. We got about 10 people together and rented a small industrial garage. All of us put equipment in the building and had a key. Anyone else that wanted to join had to pay part of the rent and was encouraged to add equipment. It worked out really well.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here is what a few of us did a few years back. We started a key club. We got about 10 people together and rented a small industrial garage. All of us put equipment in the building and had a key. Anyone else that wanted to join had to pay part of the rent and was encouraged to add equipment. It worked out really well.
considering rent is high... ill stick to my 24hr fitness :D

ACSlayer

Awards
Golds gym is considered one of the cool ones:hammer:
The Gold's I work out at is always blasting Ashley Simpson and Jonas Brothers type ish. Gets me f**kin pumped! :frustrate

Seriously, Gold's is ok, but can be outright lame sometimes. They are considering taking down pictures of famous BBr's to "create a more welcoming feel for gym members of all types..." at least that is what my buddy who works there said the goal was.

tirtle88

tirtle88

Awards
The Gold's I work out at is always blasting Ashley Simpson and Jonas Brothers type ish. Gets me f**kin pumped! :frustrate

Seriously, Gold's is ok, but can be outright lame sometimes. They are considering taking down pictures of famous BBr's to "create a more welcoming feel for gym members of all types..." at least that is what my buddy who works there said the goal was.

What that's ****in gay:wtf: