splits and sets
- 11-04-2008, 09:49 PM
splits and sets
currently i am trying a 3 day m w f split with some type of interval work on tue and thurs.
weds-Chest Shoulders Tri
should i run my sets like circuit training ie doing multiple sets but do 1 set per excercise and go to next or should i just do my sets, take a set break and do second set and then move on to next exercise. Anyone enlighten me on what they've found works?
- 11-05-2008, 02:55 PM
either do 1 exercise at a time or mix 2 exercises together(super/giant-sets)
- 11-05-2008, 03:56 PM
so do 2 then take my set break etc?
11-05-2008, 05:49 PM
1. do 1 exercise at a time and complete all sets reps for that exercise before moving on to the next
2. superset: 2 exercises, an agonist and antagonist(ie. back/chest, quads/hams) so you would do 1 set of leg presses then 1 set of ham curls and repeat switching back and forth between those 2 exercises.
a monster set is the same principle except that you do 2 exercises for the same muscle group. ex. leg press+squat
i would just go with option 1 if your a beginner and just focus on your form for all your exercises. Good form should be drilled in from the get go
11-05-2008, 05:52 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By anoopbal in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 8Last Post: 08-31-2010, 04:27 AM
- By R1balla in forum Training ForumReplies: 19Last Post: 04-10-2010, 05:46 PM
- By Delta Force in forum Training ForumReplies: 4Last Post: 03-15-2009, 01:04 AM
- By warvictim in forum Weight LossReplies: 7Last Post: 02-01-2008, 06:19 PM