Should you increase your volume of training sets/reps when on prohormones or AS?

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Like some input.

Blindfaith

Awards
If you want to get big you gotta lift big!

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
If you want to get big you gotta lift big!
That would be lifting more weight you mean?

Or are you saying you should increase the number of sets and reps?

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
haha...cmon guys. i know this question has been answered quite a bit and are all floating around here...give this dude some explanation (but i guess your one word answers do the trick...ha). but ya crowler, an increase in your sets and reps should be natural. not only are you gonna see an increase in the weights you use (that is, with a proper diet and rest) but the volume of your workout should increase according as well. one can aruge that overtraining is inevitable but one can battle that with backing their frequency (# of days) of training. that is why a program like GVT is popular while using ph/as. i personally have used 5-6 days per week schedule in the past and have gotten fine results with 4-5 days per 7 days, whether it be gvt or my usual 1-2 body part per day scheme. one does not have to double or increase their sets too much but get your cycle going, hit the gym ,and you will see that your recovery and gains will be much greater with added volume to your sets/reps.

MrTrap

Awards
I don't think you need to increase volume per workout. You're supposed to start with a workout you already know works for you, one that allows you to gain. The PH just speeds up the process. That means faster recovery, which means you can train again sooner. Getting in more productive workouts on a bodypart is more volume, most just don't think of it that way.

Traps