Body Problem

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i cannot flex my left pec or make a left calf muscle

well i can but not very well,

but my left quad is bigger my left tricep is better and my left lat is better, and my right tricep isnt as cut, but my right arm is bigger (which i know most people have imbalances in their right and left sides.)

and im a righty

can someone help me, or point me in a direction to which some one can.

u name it i tryed it lol

very frustrating

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
what can you do? don't worry about it.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Work your left and right side independently: dumbbells, one legged calf raises, etc.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Work your left and right side independently: dumbbells, one legged calf raises, etc.

even then i do not get the pump, in my left pec. i try and do extra exercises just to get the feeling that its getting stimulated,

with my calf its not that the development isnt there,.. when i flex my right foot i can contract the muscle, i physically cannot do it that way all with my left, however i can point my toe and feel it contract.

my chest makes me self consious i cannot physically look at myself in the mirror, it makes me sick because i work hard, and i feel like it doesnt show

Jayburned

Jayburned

Banned
Awards
I have one trap way bigger than the other, i pre exhaust it before i do barbell shrugs by doing single arm db shrugs, works, but slowly. hard to change genetics.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have one trap way bigger than the other, i pre exhaust it before i do barbell shrugs by doing single arm db shrugs, works, but slowly. hard to change genetics.

but the fact that i cannot manually contract the muscle, even when thinking about it is a concern for me,

also genetics has delt me a very very shitty hand with chest and shoulder development. they just dont grow. DC training, didnt work, traditional training didnt work. bench with elbows going only to 90 degrees and up didnt work, then i retrained my self to go all the way down, that hasnt worked. lower mid pecs do not close, they are seperated by like 3 inches , or thats what it looks like (kinda like matt hughes from UFC)

and i dont feel flys AT ALL, i did them with the cables today, NOTHING.

crazilyfter42

Awards
It sounds like to me that a lot of this is psychological. Im sure the imbalances are there but you are simply dwelling on them to much. I have numerous imbalances also bigger/stronger left peck and bicep even though I am right handed. Bigger/stronger right tricep and shoulder. It used to bother me a lot too, you just need to stop worrying so much about it. Extra single dumbell work can help some but it won't totally fix the issues. The issues probably lay in the dominant side being stronger, your lifting form, or a possible injury in the past that stunted certain parts strength and size.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It sounds like to me that a lot of this is psychological. Im sure the imbalances are there but you are simply dwelling on them to much. I have numerous imbalances also bigger/stronger left peck and bicep even though I am right handed. Bigger/stronger right tricep and shoulder. It used to bother me a lot too, you just need to stop worrying so much about it. Extra single dumbell work can help some but it won't totally fix the issues. The issues probably lay in the dominant side being stronger, your lifting form, or a possible injury in the past that stunted certain parts strength and size.
but not being able to contract the muscle is annoying, and its something i need to be able to acheive. especially if i want to develop a full decent looking chest

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
but not being able to contract the muscle is annoying, and its something i need to be able to acheive. especially if i want to develop a full decent looking chest
i think he's saying the lack of contraction is in your head. surely it contracts. continue to work hard. you've come a good way in a short time from what i've seen.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i think he's saying the lack of contraction is in your head. surely it contracts. continue to work hard. you've come a good way in a short time from what i've seen.

im trying, and my diet is great right now, and i take all my GDAs, i train hard, i feel like its been to long that ive seen anything,

its just very discouraging. yanno my girlfriend and i fight all the time because i ***** about how my chest looks.

Jayburned

Jayburned

Banned
Awards
I had a friend who had a stange split in his chest, look at Franco Columbu, he did a bunch of juice and ate cheeseburgers and it just filled out, not saying at all this is what to do, just a silly anecdote I guess.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I had a friend who had a stange split in his chest, look at Franco Columbu, he did a bunch of juice and ate cheeseburgers and it just filled out, not saying at all this is what to do, just a silly anecdote I guess.

i was thinking the trckle down solution, build a big upper chest and the rest will fill out, but my chest doesnt grow.