strained hamstring

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established
i have had a hamstring strain in my left hamstring for about 5 weeks now. according to this site, Hamstring Injury, Hamstring Strain, Treatment and Rehabilitation, it is a grade 2 strain. i am wondering what kind of training i could do to rehabilitate it as fast as possible. i absolutely hate not training legs, so i want to know if there is something i could do to work around it, etc.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • Established
In all honesty man, rest is the key here. I know it's horrible to think of not training legs for a while, but it's more important to heal this injury to a full extent. It's way too easy to add insult to injury with these type of ailments with the potential to make the problem even worse than it already is.

Remember, muscle memory will get you back to where you were quickly, so you can swiftly move past previous accomplishments.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Honestly the only thing I would even consider is some foam rolling to help recovery and then once it started to feel better some dynamic stretching may help. When you think you are 100% wait another week or two and see if it feels better before doing anything weight wise. If you try to rush a strain to much you are only taking one step forward and two steps back.

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established
im thinking about doing unilateral training with the opposite leg then. atleast one of the legs will progress, or maintain what strength it had.