hypertrophy workouts

  1. Registered User
    grila jujitsu's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,572
    Answers
    0

    hypertrophy workouts


    is it necessary to do a 3 or 4 day split for a hypertrophic workout?
    or could i train a single body part a day while using a hypertrophic rep range and weight range? i would still give myself 2 days to rest. i think a better question would be, which is more effective at building muscle and why?

    i will be using x-factor.


    Thanks
    GJJ

  2. Registered User
    grila jujitsu's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,572
    Answers
    0


    BUMP any help?!
  3. The BPS Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Resolve's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,066
    Answers
    0


    yes, you can do a 5-day split - there are tons of them around. I have found, however, that full body routines promote overall growth better - more muscles worked = more lactic acid = more GH release. This is my opinion tho, you have to do what works for you, but I would recommend you give em a try.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***
    •   
       

  4. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    crader's Avatar
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    40
    Posts
    7,259
    Answers
    0


    I'm trained to do a single bodypart a day in a hyp rep and weight range. I'm getting some of the other body parts worked on other days just as secondary parts anyway. I'm still gaining muscle depending on upping weights or lowering reps as needed.
  5. Registered User
    Joshua86's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    408
    Answers
    0


    There are many ways to induce hypertrophy!
  6. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,119
    Answers
    0


    Diet and overload are the most important factors in gaining size. Whether it be reps, weight, or volume, constantly increasing the overload on the muscle is paramount. This is one of the main principles of DC training and it is one of the few routines that increases both size and strength.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  7. Registered User
    grila jujitsu's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,572
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    yes, you can do a 5-day split - there are tons of them around. I have found, however, that full body routines promote overall growth better - more muscles worked = more lactic acid = more GH release. This is my opinion tho, you have to do what works for you, but I would recommend you give em a try.

    cool thanks!
  8. Registered User
    grila jujitsu's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,572
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by crader View Post
    I'm trained to do a single bodypart a day in a hyp rep and weight range. I'm getting some of the other body parts worked on other days just as secondary parts anyway. I'm still gaining muscle depending on upping weights or lowering reps as needed.

    sounds like sick! i cant wait to start!! thanks for the info!!
  9. Registered User
    grila jujitsu's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,572
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Diet and overload are the most important factors in gaining size. Whether it be reps, weight, or volume, constantly increasing the overload on the muscle is paramount. This is one of the main principles of DC training and it is one of the few routines that increases both size and strength.

    dc huh... i will look in to that type of training!! thanks man!
  10. Registered User
    sohardbody's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2
    Answers
    0


    Yeah man, many different combinations. It's about finding what you respond to best. My training split is 1-on/1-off. I train the muscles extensively and do ab work on each workout day as well. I respond good to this split. Keep in mind though I change my training split every couple of months.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. L.N. Power/Hypertrophy?
    By jcbthree in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-22-2011, 11:02 PM
  2. HYPERTROPHY
    By bi0hazurd in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-18-2010, 09:22 AM
  3. Hypertrophy Routine
    By hardlymovin20 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-26-2010, 05:34 PM
  4. ECA+AAS and prostate hypertrophy
    By Boss_K in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-19-2006, 06:05 PM
  5. Hypertrophy without failure?
    By Greenguy in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-17-2004, 01:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in