Votes: 19 31.1%
  • Night

Votes: 19 31.1%

• Total voters
flobot

flobot

Awards
  • Established
I personally train in the morning (6am) because I hate crowds that usually fill the gym starting anywhere from 10am-closing and the people who train at this time are Definitely more serious.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I prefer to train mid-morning but sometimes have to train in the evenings due to schedule. Mid-morning is usually pretty slow at the gym and I'm also full of energy from breakfast or 2nd breakfast. In the evening I'm usually a little more fatigued from the day.

Orangepeel

Orangepeel

Awards
  • Established
1-4 area, I don't like to go late, and I cant get myself to actually move weight around early, so this works out good, plus its when I have a break in classes.

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
i like 7-8ish after the rush but avoid going later than 10. i spend all day refueling its the best time for me. also i like shake and meal in before bed. i am also my strongest at this time of day!

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
evening. cant move a damn thing if i go in the mornings, plus i like to workout after gettign 5-6 meals down me throughout the day....theres also more hot women in the gym at night time.....

TruffleShuffle

Awards
  • Established
Usually start my workout around 6pm.

This allows me to have a pre-workout meal at around 4pm when I get home from university. Then workout, post workout shake, and then my final meal of the day becomes my post workout meal, at around 8pm.

Then i can let that digest, before popping all my pre-bed supps and collapsing into bed at like 10.30pm. Its great for me, as it allows me to get a long sleep to recover, but it also means i'm not shattered all day long as i would be if i did my workout in the am. I litterally workout, eat, watch some telly and then sleep :D

manny1010

Awards
  • Established
5 am for me. There is a whole lot less people. I am able to go in and out in a timely time. I work 8-5, and in the afternoons, its too packed and have to wait to use equipment or I may run into some one I know and get distracted.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
I personally train in the morning (6am) because I hate crowds that usually fill the gym starting anywhere from 10am-closing and the people who train at this time are Definitely more serious.
me too....i'm in there at 3:45am til about 5:15am.....the whole place to ourselves (3 of us total)

liamrowe

liamrowe

Awards
i have to train when i can due to shift work, but luckily i work in a gym so........ lol!!!! i have to say i do prefer morning workouts, 1 because the gym is quiet 2 i feel set up for the rest of the day when i have had a good workout

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Monday Wednesday Friday 9am - 9:30am start
Sunday - 2pm start

Just when my group can all make it. When it comes to working sets the time of the day doesn't matter to much for me, but warming up can be a lot longer in the morning or late in the evening compared to the middle of the day. Just take some RPM and a wiff of Ammonia and time seems to leave your mind anyhow......

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i usually workout at the start of my day 2-4pm, its different for a nightshifter. I like to start my day doing something i enjoy. I feel fresher in the morning and you dont have the food weighin you down. I also like to feed the muscles the rest of the day. I dont know why some people workout before bedtime, you go straight into a catabolic phase with sleep so why workout close to bedtime?

atjnutrition2

Awards
  • Established
I do my sprint work in the morning, but work out in the afternoon. I am about 5% weaker when pushing weights in the morning than I am after about 1 p.m. Don't know if it's all in my head, but I definitely am not able to go as heavy in the morning as in the afternoon.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
From around 1-4 usually.. it all depends on when my first meal is, I generally like to have 2 meals in me before I hit the gym.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Yup, you also left out those who train whenever they can, for example, tuesdays sometimes I dont get home until 8pm, so I train after that, other weekdays if its a training day, its around 6pm, if its a weekend, and Im off, I will train sometime in the afternoon, or possibly morning, so I couldnt vote in your poll. :)

Pemmican

Pemmican

Awards
i'll start anywhere from 12 - 2. i have heard that your hormone levels peak around then, making it the most ideal time to lift. plus, thats when i have the most energy

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I workout at noon before work and I work out at 1 am after work.

Because that's the only time I can workout.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yup, you also left out those who train whenever they can, for example, tuesdays sometimes I dont get home until 8pm, so I train after that, other weekdays if its a training day, its around 6pm, if its a weekend, and Im off, I will train sometime in the afternoon, or possibly morning, so I couldnt vote in your poll. :)
agreed, I usually workout in the evening(10pm) but if I can I prefer to work out round 12-3pm as it gives me a cance to both fuel up for a workout and then replenish my muscles th rest of the day.

Joshua86

Awards
  • Established
I prefer to lift during the afternoon, after I've already had two or three good meals in me. Any earlier and I haven't had enough to eat to meet my energy demands, and the later it gets, usually the lazier I get. But of course sometimes I have to schedule around work.

But I think you should go when your energy level is at it's highest!!!:aargh:

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I really like to train at night, but due to life I usually have to settle with early afternoon. I come alive at night, and workouts SUCK in the morning.

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
afternoon. cuz i dont have a job. not going to school, and living with the parents...plus., all machines/freeweights are not in use, and most of the female trainers are there!!lol i see them lookin!!!

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
evening. cant move a damn thing if i go in the mornings, plus i like to workout after gettign 5-6 meals down me throughout the day....theres also more hot women in the gym at night time.....
and ur stronger a nite

Tragnu

Awards
I like to roll out of bed, 3pm (in Iraq working nights), toss on the gym clothes and stumble my way to the gym while I down a prework out shake, then toss the weights around like I own them. Then go get some food, and relax for a few hours, then go to work and eat 4 more meals before its time to sleep.

whiskers

whiskers

Banned
Awards
  • Established
night I'm available, stronger, and lifting in the morning makes me nauseous

Fuego

Fuego

Awards
Work out at somewhere between 6pm-9pm and last for 1,5-2 hrs. I usually do this during the afternoon cause then I have the whole day to load up on enough food and calories=)

Gives me a better workout and performance. And yea, it seems it aint too big a crowd during these hours.

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Afternoons seem to be when I'm @my strongest!!!

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
i workout after my day job. So i workout somewhere between 6-8pm......My current life commitments and responsibilities dictate this window of opprotunity for me.

I am thankful i get to go to the gym. Some family structures and schedules just wont allow it.

:clean:

Rah22491

Awards
I personally knock it out around 3 or 4 this gives me a chance to get 3 or so meals down before hitting the iron. I feel stronger this way and have more energy

flobot

flobot

Awards
  • Established
Are you a family guy? Hehehe I would gladly trade bodybuilding to have those commitments and responsibilities like marriage and kids ... crap WTF :ntome: ... *swallows Clomid*

i workout after my day job. So i workout somewhere between 6-8pm......My current life commitments and responsibilities dictate this window of opprotunity for me.

I am thankful i get to go to the gym. Some family structures and schedules just wont allow it.

:clean:

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Are you a family guy? Hehehe I would gladly trade bodybuilding to have those commitments and responsibilities like marriage and kids ... crap WTF :ntome: ... *swallows Clomid*
Just GF. No kids. Many hobbies and toys. Too many acutally.

Full time job. Several properties to maintain. Family business. Just a never ending of to do lists. That never get finished.

Family life with kids i think would be easier.

NOT.

JZ7757

Awards
  • Established
5-7pm - Mostly due to my schedule. I actually am more focused, typically have the most energy and have a few hours to prep wo diet and its a great stress reliever for the day/week.

my body is used to it, even on off days i get a shot of energy/motovation around 4-5pm. :)

Maverick60

Awards
  • Established
Swing shift, so I get to the gym about midnight after I get off work. I absolutely hate the time, but I like that its always empty. But mornings before work I have my little girl, and I dont give up my time with her for anything I dont have to. So for now its midnight to 1am.

iron matt

Awards
I workout around 6am before going to work. I'm usually more motivated in the mornings and the gym is less crowded. Also after lifting in the am I have all day to eat and build more muscle

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
mon, wed, fri from 7-9am

tue, thur, sat 4pm

It's what works well with my work etc.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
I workout whenever possible, random as hell. Ill be in at 11pm, 8am, 12pm, 3pm, 6pm. Whatever fits, I'll be there.

Sergiu

Awards
After classes since I have most of them in the morning and I can't train at night due to the gym being closed.

ffmedic32

ffmedic32

Awards
I hit the gym about 845 till 1030. Its a good time for me, my workout partner works 2nd shift so it more his choice than mine.

AaronFL

AaronFL

Awards
I usually train around 9:00am. Over the past year, I've turned into a "morning person". When I get out of bed in the morning, I'm ready for war! If I wait until 2-3pm to train, my energy is a bit less.