An important question

flobot

flobot

Awards
  • Established
I'm currently trying to bulk up right now. As you can see from my profile pic, size is not that bad, except for my damn chest that just won't pop out plus some shady triceps.. (Not enough weight? My max bench for 3 reps is only 245 so I usually do sets w/ 185-205-215.)

I have some abs in front but only in the upper section (I can see them clearly when I wake up in the morning but other times the 4/5 pack turns into a faded 4 pack.)

How do I bulk up while retaining muscle? I'm willing to eat a ton more because I love to eat but I don't want to lose whatever abs I have though- that's my only problem.

The question is How? Do I do more midsection excercises, longer cardio and eat more or take certain supplements?

Or do I just forget about any abs for the moment and just Do it? (Eat?)

Some info:

For pre-workout: Caffeine+25g whey+cell-tech (10g creatine)

Diet:
Breakfast: (Also pre-workout..I work out 6am in the morning to avoid the damn crowd.)
The preworkout stuff above.

Lunch:
Usually a turkey sandwich w/ whole grain, lettuce+tomatoes no sauce + a small salad

Snack:
Anything w/ protein and some carbs.

Dinner: Salad+ some form of protein (sushi, beef, chicken, what not...)

Before sleep:
2 scoops casein protein.

Any help for his noob would be greatly appreciated. My target weight is a lean but mean 180-190

NerdFlexd

NerdFlexd

Awards
Do I do more midsection excercises, longer cardio and eat more or take certain supplements?

Or do I just forget about any abs for the moment and just Do it? (Eat?)
Yes eat. Then eat some more, and then a little more food after you finish eating. Keep working out, and make sure you incorporate mass gainer exercises into your workout ie, squats, deads, bench, chinups, pullups, dips. Then keep eating. That should help with mass and getting bigger.
As for not gaining fat and keeping your abs, most/all types of cardio will cause muscle loss and hinder your growth. From what i know the least damaging cardio that will still burn your blubber away is HIIT(High Intesity Interval Training). Basically your sprinting almost full out for 1-2min, then jog 30secs and repeat over and over.
Thats what ive been told and heard works. Hope i could help, good luck.