It had to come to this...

jonnyjames

jonnyjames

Awards
  • Established
So I am low on money and despratley need a good amount quick, so I am going to be participating in a 17 day medical study. I can't workout there, use any of my supplements, and I have to eat the food they give me. Yeah... it kinda sucks, but $3000 dollars is cool.

How much muscle and strength should I expect to lose during this 17 day off period?

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
bodyweight exercises m'man. bodyweight exercises. learn how to do shoulder presses while bent down in an upside down v shape. and then work up to doing them on a handstand against the wall.

learn how to do perfect diamond pushups, and do them in the style of '21's'.

pullups wide for back, narrow palms in for bis

single leg squats with high reps 50, 50, 50, 40, 40, 30

cardio can consists of burpees and walking at a vigorous pace in your room.
etc. etc.

jonnyjames

jonnyjames

Awards
  • Established
Hopefully I can get away with that, but we are going to be monitored 24/7.

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established
Everybody needs a break sometimes. Consider this a time for you to rest up...just start thinking about how hard core you'll hit it when you get back.

jonnyjames

jonnyjames

Awards
  • Established
Everybody needs a break sometimes. Consider this a time for you to rest up...just start thinking about how hard core you'll hit it when you get back.
HELL YEAH! When I get out i'm gonna murder some weights, no doubt i'm gonna tear it up at the gym.:bruce1:

firefighter2032

firefighter2032

Awards
  • Established
Just out of curiousity...what type of study is it that you are participating in?

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
you wont lose jack. it will take a weeks worth of workouts to get the feeling back but you wont do any damage. i just did 8 weeks away from the gym and my diet consisted of pizza,burger and the odd steak and copious amounts of vodka and beer. 5 workouts back in the gym and i can feel my body getting back to how it was already. Strength is down but not much size lost.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
monitored 24/7? what are you going to do if you need to go to the bathroom?

manny1010

Awards
  • Established
So I am low on money and despratley need a good amount quick, so I am going to be participating in a 17 day medical study. I can't workout there, use any of my supplements, and I have to eat the food they give me. Yeah... it kinda sucks, but $3000 dollars is cool.

How much muscle and strength should I expect to lose during this 17 day off period?

$3000? Are they still taking applicants?

hey bro.....goodluck. Rest and enjoy the money when it comes it.

jonnyjames

jonnyjames

Awards
  • Established
Just out of curiousity...what type of study is it that you are participating in?
Ha Its a study for a constipation drug, I don't have constipation but they are just testing side effects. Its one of the safer studies.

My friend does them all the time. He did one where they were testing an AIDS vaccine, they stuck an IV in him for 8 days, and the whole time he was throwing up and miserably sick........ but he did earn $5000 in 8 days!!! I would never personally put myself through something like that... even for the money.

jonnyjames

jonnyjames

Awards
  • Established

manny1010

Awards
  • Established
that link will show you the list of studies they have available, this one is only for the Austin area. Just search medical studies in your area on google, and you should be able to find some. Some pay out like $7000 sometimes, but they are like a month long.

http://www.ppdi.com/study_volunteers/phase_i_clinic/opportunities.htm

oh man, Had no Idea things like this occured. I might have to google it. Thanks bro.

You mention Austin, thats means you are a huge TEXAS TECH fan, right? :cheers:

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
bodyweight exercises m'man. bodyweight exercises. learn how to do shoulder presses while bent down in an upside down v shape. and then work up to doing them on a handstand against the wall.

learn how to do perfect diamond pushups, and do them in the style of '21's'.

pullups wide for back, narrow palms in for bis

single leg squats with high reps 50, 50, 50, 40, 40, 30

cardio can consists of burpees and walking at a vigorous pace in your room.
etc. etc.

Crossfit's Cindy
5 Pull ups
10 Push ups
15 Body weight squats
As many rounds as you can in 20 minutes

motive

motive

Awards
  • Established
they are going to tell you not to work out at all while your there.
be careful not to get caught working out because your a** wil be kicked out. my wife works for one of those companies and it happens alot.
what city is your study in

jonnyjames

jonnyjames

Awards
  • Established
they are going to tell you not to work out at all while your there.
be careful not to get caught working out because your a** wil be kicked out. my wife works for one of those companies and it happens alot.
what city is your study in
austin, texas

jonnyjames

jonnyjames

Awards
  • Established
so.... I am kind of rethinking this whole medical study thing.

My aunt just told me about her friend doing a study at a similar facility where two people died and her friend ended up not eating for about 3 days due to her throwing up every time she tried too......

umm.... i don't know if $3000 is really worth my risking my health and life........:think:

motive

motive

Awards
  • Established
so.... I am kind of rethinking this whole medical study thing.

My aunt just told me about her friend doing a study at a similar facility where two people died and her friend ended up not eating for about 3 days due to her throwing up every time she tried too......

umm.... i don't know if $3000 is really worth my risking my health and life........:think:

it didnt happen at the one in austin. there has never ben a death there.
secondly, you have a full staff of medical supervisors watching you 24 hours a day. your vitals are checked so regularly that they will find anything prior to it getting out of hand.
i wouldnt even think of anyhting like that. hell, 25 - 50% of you in the study will be taking a placebo anyways

jonnyjames

jonnyjames

Awards
  • Established
it didnt happen at the one in austin. there has never ben a death there.
secondly, you have a full staff of medical supervisors watching you 24 hours a day. your vitals are checked so regularly that they will find anything prior to it getting out of hand.
i wouldnt even think of anyhting like that. hell, 25 - 50% of you in the study will be taking a placebo anyways
it was at the Cedra clinic, not ppdi.

.... i don't know.... I am just a little obsessive about my health.... it is just a study for constipation medication.... what's the worst that could happen, I shyt myself:lol:

thanks man, you kinda help put me at ease....

motive

motive

Awards
  • Established
cedra in austin or san antonio? just curious because i havent heard of anything happening there either. my wife use to work for cedra then changed over for more money to ppd.
also, at anytime your there you can go home. if you did have any reaction to anything... say a headache due to the med they pay you for the time you were there
oh well, good luck man. im sure you will be fine

jonnyjames

jonnyjames

Awards
  • Established
cedra in austin or san antonio? just curious because i havent heard of anything happening there either. my wife use to work for cedra then changed over for more money to ppd.
also, at anytime your there you can go home. if you did have any reaction to anything... say a headache due to the med they pay you for the time you were there
oh well, good luck man. im sure you will be fine
they said it was the Cedra in Austin

motive

motive

Awards
  • Established
keep us up to date... let us know how it goes. theres been many threads in general convo that i posted about cedra and ppd. people are always asking how to make extra money... to me thats easy money

Hbs6

Hbs6

Awards
  • Established
17 days really isnt that long of a time. You might lose a LITTLE strength it will come back real fast. Just think of it like when athletes get injured and have a set back...yeah they do some exercises just to kind of maintain and then once there back they train hard and it all comes back real fast and usually more. You will be fine. The BW exercise will be good just to keep your GPP up so you will be ok dont sweat it.