question about chains??

S

sepheus61

Awards
does anyone here use chains for bench...

I want to start including chains and boards into my bench but i don't really know what to start with for weight...

what would you recommend for a beginner 10 pounds of chains on each side....15 pounds??

thanks

S

sepheus61

Awards
another question...are bands and chains basically the same thing...they both make it so the bar is lightest and you chest and heaviest when you lock out....

chains seem really pricy....so if bands are the same they seem like a better deal....

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
go to a hardware store....home depot or whatever. I get my chains there fore no more than a few bucks
Sage

A

anadrol75

Awards
GO TO WWW.HOUSEOFPAIN.COM AND THEY WIL HAVE BANDS FOR PRETTY CHEAP. I GOT THE CHEAPEST ONES THEY HAD.THEY WERE A BITCH! I LIKE THEM BETTER THAN CHAINS.

F

Future

I don't personally like chains and bands. The chains can lead to swinging and with my bad shoulders I can't afford to put any undue stress on my rotators. The same goes for any stabilizers.

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i just got a pair of chains. how should i use them?

fyi- my arms and delts are lacking

J

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
Chains should be set up so that the chain is not completely off the ground at lockout, this will keep it from swinging. I prefer chains to bands when benching. Bands keep me out of my natural ROM. When you use the chains you are going to need smaller loading chains that go around the bar and that the 5 ft 5/8 chains hang off of.

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
if i dont run it solo, im goin to use for pct for PP or SD

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Chains should be set up so that the chain is not completely off the ground at lockout, this will keep it from swinging. I prefer chains to bands when benching. Bands keep me out of my natural ROM. When you use the chains you are going to need smaller loading chains that go around the bar and that the 5 ft 5/8 chains hang off of.
Good tip. Im buying some chains from hd or lowes this week, just to try.