Full Routine Review. Please... - AnabolicMinds.com

Full Routine Review. Please...

Stats
    6'1"  212 lbs.

Exclamation Full Routine Review. Please...

So I used to do full body workout 3x a week but now I'm going to a four day split. I have put this together just from info and advice I picked up here and have been tweaking it for about a month or so. Just wanna throw it out there and get some feedback. Please give me the good, the bad, and the ugly. I'm pretty much clueless so any critisicm is welcome and appreciated.

Monday: Chest/Tri

Incline DB Push Press 3 sets of 8 @ 50lbs
    Incline Fly 3 sets of 8 @ 30lbs
    Flat Bench 3 sets of 8 @ 185lbs (ideally)

Bench Dips 3 sets of 10 @ Bodyweight
    DB Tricep Pullover:
    Hammer Grip 2 sets of 10 @ 20lbs
    Underhand 2 sets of 10 @ 20lbs
    Overhand 2 sets of 10 @ 20lbs

Tuesday: Shoulder/Legs

Alternating Shoulder Press 3 sets of 10 @ 25lbs
    DB Shrugs 3 sets of 10 @ 50lbs
    Incline Row to Ext. Rotation 2 sets of 10 @ 10lbs
    Javorek Complex 2 reps @ 10lbs

BB Squats 3 sets of 8 @ 185lbs
    BB Calf Raises 3 sets of 10 @ 185lbs

Wednesday: Back/Bi

Negative Chinup: 3 sets of 8
    Bent DB Row: 3 sets of 8 @ 30lbs
    Incline Reverse Fly: 3 sets of 8 @ 20lbs
    Incline Hammer Curl: 3 sets of 8 @ 25lbs
    Incline Curl: 3 sets of 8 @ 25lbs (or until failure whichever comes first)
    Deadlift: 3 sets of 10 @ 160lbs

Thursday: Repeat Chest/Tri (Don't know if this is the right thing to do or not)

Fri, Sat, Sun off

**Twice a week I do abs with 60 crunches and 30 negative crunches. On varying days. I figure with the compound moves in my routine there isn't much need for direct ab work.

**Also try to get a 20-30 minute bike ride in twice a week.

Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

Ok im not exactly a guru or anything but from what i know, its a really solid workout. Yes, the compound moves will be enough of an ab workout unless you really want to do specific work on them, but you dont have to.
    I have 2 suggestions for you. First, if you can it would be better to separate your workouts with rest days in between to allow your body to recover and get a better workout on the other days. Something like
    Monday- Chest/Tri
    Tuesday- Off
    Wednesday-Shoulders/Legs
    Thursday- Off
    Friday- Back/Bis

Second suggestion, and this is only a suggestion. In my opinion, it would be better to separate primary and secondary muscle groups onto different days so the secondary group gets a better workout, ie. not doing chest and triceps on the same day so your triceps get a better workout. This is what im trying
    Monday- Chest/Bis
    Tuesday- off
    Wednesday- Back/Tri
    Thursday- off
    Friday- Shoulders/Legs
    Its just an idea and it shouldnt make that much of a difference, but if you wana try out my idea too, be my guest. Who knows, maybe itll make for great gains. I havent heard of the idea b4 so im trying it out to see if it helps anything.
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.

nothing wrong with repeating chest/tri's so long as they get a few days break. i've done it before and had good success - however... if you really want to reap the benefits of adding in another day of chest/tri's, do one workout with barbells only, one day with dumbells only. other than that looks quite good. maybe add in something else for legs too like stiff legged deadlifts or something - two movements seem a bit light for them.
    •   

Stats
    6'1"  212 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by suncloud View Post
    nothing wrong with repeating chest/tri's so long as they get a few days break. i've done it before and had good success - however... if you really want to reap the benefits of adding in another day of chest/tri's, do one workout with barbells only, one day with dumbells only. other than that looks quite good. maybe add in something else for legs too like stiff legged deadlifts or something - two movements seem a bit light for them.
    Agreed on needing more on leg days but as it is doing squats on leg days and deads the next day on back day leaves my back pretty tight and sore don't think I could handle another set of deads in there. What about lunges or something??
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple83 View Post
    Agreed on needing more on leg days but as it is doing squats on leg days and deads the next day on back day leaves my back pretty tight and sore don't think I could handle another set of deads in there. What about lunges or something??
    lunges, done right, are just as hard, if not harder than deads/squats. i'd have a heavy day and then a rep day for your legs if i were you, m'man. you don't need to have two all out leg days that's for sure. your nervous system would not like that a bit.
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.

lunges would be fine i would think. i was just thinking that two exercises wouldn't stimulate as many muscle fibers as you would like - even though squats are by far the most important.
    Stats
    6'1"  212 lbs.

Yeah I agree totally just didn't know what to add. But I'll add some lunges next week and see how that works out. Thanks.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Full Body Routine or 5x5 Training
    By MAxximal in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-15-2014, 06:51 AM
  2. Full DoggCrapp Training Routine
    By TravisG in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 108
    Last Post: 08-24-2009, 11:22 AM
  3. My Full HST Routine (please critique)
    By kidkurious in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-09-2008, 07:27 PM
  4. full body vs 3 day plit routine
    By frezel in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-11-2007, 08:10 AM