HST Training Method

Skark

Awards
  • Established
Just wanted to drop this with you guys. I have been low carb dieting for a year and a half (dropped over 100 lbs), and have been losing a pound a week while gaining steady muscle mass.

I have been HIT training until starting a HST cycle two weeks ago. In that two weeks, instead of losing my average 2.2 lbs I am up 3 pounds and seeing the effects. I even threw in a 1 day fast and still the gains are coming. I am on a heavy ECA + SAN Tight program and still the scale climbs.

The only other time I couldn't lose weight dieting like this was the 6 weeks I was on Creatine & HMB.

This really looks like an effective training program, well worth checking out. I honestly wouldn't do it (or any other program) all the time, but this may help you in spots.

SUPAJAwS1

Awards
were those first 2 weeks the 15's? or did u just jump right in to the 10's?

decypheredbeats

Awards
cool to hear.
Im just finishing up an 8 week DFHT cycle (deloading week, very boring) and Im looking into trying HST next cycle. Looks pretty good and should provide my body with a good shock. I plan on doing my first PH cycle in conjunction.

Are you following exactly to the plan, preplanning rep max schemes, 15,10,5,eccentric, strategic deconditioning, like the program calls for?

BTW Im into low carb diets as well, as a rule of thumb I only eat 100 g a day, all before noon w/ high protien. Then Protien/ fat for the rest of the day. My muscle gains have been good and my fat has been decreasing. Ive been doing this for a couple months and plan on sticking to it for good.

Skark

Awards
  • Established
Beats,

I altered the reps to 12,9,5 because I was used to doing 12 reps using HIT and knew my strength limit there already.

I have no practical way to do negatives (train alone), and yes I am doing an SD week........only I call it Thanksgiving;)

Just finished the last 9 rep W/O tonight, and I can see killer progress. I'm going to use this on a regular basis for sure. For next year I'm thinking of a 4 month cycle of:

4 wks: HIT
4 wks: HST
4 wks: HIT (different exercises)
4 wks: BBB (Big Beyond Belief)

fuzz

Awards
Sounds like you are making good progress. I really don't see a need for HIT, as HST and Westside have basically made it obsolete. If you want to gain mass, do HST, if you want to gain strength, do Westside or a 5x5 routine.

I've done about five HST cycles and all worked out well - my best results were where I went from 16% to 11% with no loss in LBM and a gain in strength. That was during a period of about 1.5 HST cycles.

decypheredbeats

Awards
are any of you guys training 2 day as well with this program like recomended?

also well I got some HST veterans here ;) I was curious if any of yall ever done PH in conjuctions with HST?

It seems maybe unpractical becuase you pick you rep maxes before you start, and there is no way to really tell how much strength you will gain when on PH, plus its gonna be my first cycle.

thanks

jiah

Skark

Awards
  • Established
There are a lot of good things about HIT that other programs can't match. For example, it gives the absolute BEST feedback as to whether you gain strength from one workout to the next and exactly what your weakpoints are.

That is the primarly thing that bugs me about HST. Yeah, I'm gaining mass....and I think I'm getting stronger.....but don't know for sure.

Beats, HST is a 3 day per week program (3 full body workouts)

I haven't done PHs yet at all (although I have 8 bottles of M 1-T and 4 bottles of 1-AD stashed away). I'm still coming down in weight. Will do my first cycle after losing another 20 pounds......and yes, I will increase the volume when chemically "enhanced"

BrKonman

Awards
Originally posted by Skark
....That is the primarly thing that bugs me about HST. Yeah, I'm gaining mass....and I think I'm getting stronger.....but don't know for sure.
That is one of the primary flaws with the system, and one reason why lots of people turn away. Not knowing if progress is being made unless the tape is moving can be very difficult for most people, as that is generally very sporadic. And few people want to do something that they don't know is working perfectly.

Beats, HST is a 3 day per week program (3 full body workouts)
He was referring to 2 a days, split routine to take advantage of 2 windows of opportunity for increased protein synthesis etc. Having known many people who did HST and loved it for a time, this was one of the favorite choices for those doing gear/ph.

..........and yes, I will increase the volume when chemically "enhanced"
Most people I know saw best results with enhancements when nothing changed except 1 extra set per exercise, and doing 2 a days religiously.

fuzz

Awards
There are a lot of good things about HIT that other programs can't match. For example, it gives the absolute BEST feedback as to whether you gain strength from one workout to the next and exactly what your weakpoints are.
I'm not sure how HIT helps you find weakpoints anymore then any other program. The best way to find your weakpoints is to have a good coach or lifting partner.

That is the primarly thing that bugs me about HST. Yeah, I'm gaining mass....and I think I'm getting stronger.....but don't know for sure.
Well the goal is Hypertrophy, ie muscle growth - not strength. I dare you to find anyone who has done a couple successful HST cycles who hasn't gained strength. If your primary goal is strength, Westside, a 3x3, or a similiar PL program would be a better choice over HST or HIT.