spotting

2gcorey

Awards
  • Established
anyone ever spotted someone in their gym on the bench and just when he's having a hard time and you're like "he'll barely get this one, but he's got it" the jackass just quits? i mean like my hands get under it just in case and he fucking fucking quits pushing ENTIRELY until he realizes i can't deadlift 225 off him when i'm bent over like that then he pushes again. who the hell quits pushing like "man i gavei t my all now its yours". what a dumbass...i should let it fall on his neck and walked away!

maybe its just me but if i have a hard time i normally go from pushing up to just holding it to a negative and when i go negative i want help. damnit, what a dumbass.

LunaHotel

Awards
  • Established
Lol it's only a little bit worse than the guy who asks you for a spot, goes for say 8 reps, gets to 7, it's hard but makes is allright, and racks the bar. So he has a spotter and kinda makes sure the guy is wasting his time. :p

2gcorey

Awards
  • Established
i've seen that one also, drives me nuts. you say 8 you do 8 unless you're at failure before then and don't feel like any forced reps. hard=good

db682

Awards
  • Established
You girls are right to an extent. But, if there going to failure then when failure hits you better be able to lift. I normally finish up (my 5th set on flat) with 365 and I always lift to at least 8 or failure. Depending on the situation and how my body feels I may hit failure at 6 and my strength is as good as gone for that set. That means you (my spotter must work) and get it up the rest. Ive actually seen a spotter fall forward over a person who couldnt get the weight back in the rack when lifting about 315. Thats not that much weight but when you add another 250lb person on top of that and it lands on your stomach you will definitly have some brusied abs. And be pissed off. Lately when I decide to go real heavy I hit the smith machine and still have a spot just in case. You may think your wasting your time spotting someone but you never know when something could go wrong on a lift. Ive also seen a bicep tear when this old guy (big strong old guy) was doing those fucked up reverse grip bench presses with 225 and he almost killed himself because he didnt have a spot and the weight came down like there was nothing under it.

Better safe then sorry. One day you girls will lift heavy and have to be concerned about **** like that too.:D

db

PC1

Well said db.........

Spotting is always somewhat personal. We all lift differently and it takes a few weeks to become familiar with a parner's style of lifting, and how they want to and should be spotted. It's definately team work

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
There is a difference int he way people like a spot depending upon the exericse, but I hate what 2gcorey is talking about. Even with forced reps I don't completely let the weight go, but I've seen some guys do it :mad: Best to work on your upright rows I guess gentlemen :D :D

msclbldrguy

Awards
  • Established
i dont think i've ever had that happen but can see how it'd be a pain in the ass...i hate it when you ask someone for a spot, struggle a little, but try for another rep or two, and they decide to yank the bar outtayour hands.

2gcorey

Awards
  • Established
um he practially took his hands off the bar and expected me to do it all. if you're dumbenough to put the w eight over your head FULLY into the hands of another you're completely retarded and he gave me no warning at all. thats what i'm saying. i had my hands under it just in case cause he was having problems then he QUIT completely and it felt like catching a bar on the way down cause he didn't lift at all until he realized you can't let the bar go c ompletely and expect your spotter to do all the work when i'm in a bent over position and wasn't even grabbint it at the time. he was still going up so i didn't want to grab it, then he quit

msclbldrguy

Awards
  • Established
um he practially took his hands off the bar and expected me to do it all. if you're dumbenough to put the w eight over your head FULLY into the hands of another you're completely retarded and he gave me no warning at all. thats what i'm saying. i had my hands under it just in case cause he was having problems then he QUIT completely and it felt like catching a bar on the way down cause he didn't lift at all until he realized you can't let the bar go c ompletely and expect your spotter to do all the work when i'm in a bent over position and wasn't even grabbint it at the time. he was still going up so i didn't want to grab it, then he quit
sounds like a recipe for disaster for both of you. i never cease to be amazed at some folks stupidity....simply amazing

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
"I'm only sure of two things being infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
-- Albert Einstein

`nuf said :D

ManBeast

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Harishusain Anabolics 2
SilentBob187 General Chat 1
Jayhawkk General Chat 12
supersoldier Training Forum 12
Training Forum 2