Team Juggernaut- 3 Month Journey

Page 3 of 10 First 12345 ... Last

1. It's actually interesting to watch him dial in...
    Nothing I say is medical advice and supplements only enhance and optimize your diet and exercise check with a medical professional before starting any program.
    Try Rise and Swell, the most advanced testosterone booster on the market!
    http://mindandmuscle.net/articles/pr...nd-and-muscle/

2. Watching intently to see those changes!

So if only 3 days weight training this week, are you doing cardio or anything on the other days? If not were your calories lowered or macros changed to adjust for using less energy throughout the week?

Has he learned anything about your body and how it responds yet? You should ask him what he has learned about your nutrition, aka energy needs, macro sensitivity, and the like if this is the dialing in part, I would be curious what information he has gleaned from working with you thus far.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Watching intently to see those changes!

So if only 3 days weight training this week, are you doing cardio or anything on the other days? If not were your calories lowered or macros changed to adjust for using less energy throughout the week?

Has he learned anything about your body and how it responds yet? You should ask him what he has learned about your nutrition, aka energy needs, macro sensitivity, and the like if this is the dialing in part, I would be curious what information he has gleaned from working with you thus far.
    I had 2 extra days of just cardio. It's been 3 weeks and I am still at starting weight and base diet with no changes made. When I ask about changes to meal plan, I get the let my body adjust and see how it goes with each new week of training.

4. Chest, back, and shoulder. Was nice to get at least 3 barbell movement in here but still very basic set and rep scheme.
    Also still trying to get use to each week being different as far as what is paired together for training sessions. I'm very use to each day being certain body parts when I run my hypertrophy phase, and lifts on certain days when training a strenght block.

5. Quote Originally Posted by SilentSavage0523 View Post
    I had 2 extra days of just cardio. It's been 3 weeks and I am still at starting weight and base diet with no changes made. When I ask about changes to meal plan, I get the let my body adjust and see how it goes with each new week of training.
    Yeah that’s the same answer Ive gotten too and I’ve been pestering him with questions and details and just getting short answers that pretty much tell me nothing.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Product Rep - db77 @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    •   

6. The body can adjust from a high carbohydrate diet to a ketosis based diet within 2 weeks, and a lot of that adjustment is in the first 4-5 days. Why is it still adjusting to minor tweaks a month later? Maybe it wasn't that minor of a tweak, did he completely change your diet around when you initially started?
    Current Training Log -

7. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    The body can adjust from a high carbohydrate diet to a ketosis based diet within 2 weeks, and a lot of that adjustment is in the first 4-5 days. Why is it still adjusting to minor tweaks a month later? Maybe it wasn't that minor of a tweak, did he completely change your diet around when you initially started?
    No it wasn't mich of a changed. Seemed like more food was added in

8. So after another message about diet changing, it seems like a changed will be made. After asking again about changes in was informed next week will be different.
    Now on to a more detailed review So far.

Disclaimer. This is my first time using or having a coach for training and nutrition so all opinions are based what I think would be acceptable or what I would hold myself to if I ever coached someone.

A lot has been said about diet. No changes have been made in the last three weeks, of no weight change on a cut. I was given a base diet, which I understand, but it is also the same base diet that I came across when doing research on the team beforehand and was given as a example of a diet plan they use. But in was given the exact sample diet that was posted. To me this wasn't very personalized. I wasn't really asked about any nutrition I have followed in the past, what has or hasn't worked for me in the past, or what a sample week or two looks like for myself. All things I feel like I would ask.

Training. So far has been very cookie cutter. This is some what acceptable since it was explained that the first 3 weeks are a base/primer training plan. But so far very basic set and rep scheme so far.

Communication. Has been very lite. Really on hear from the coach after I send a couple messages through the trainer app. I have used text and get the same responses. Only other communication is through the app but can tell it is a set auto message.

Since I am not paying for this I have no problem keeping at this. But of i was paying for this depending on price. It would take a long hard look ending here.

It seems maybe their in town clients get more attention but don't know for sure.

9. 1st of 2 leg days this week.
    This one was quads. All machines

10. The only machines I’ve had for leg workouts are leg curls/extensions. Everything else has been B.B. or dB or body weight for legs, weird
    Black Lion Research Rep

11. Well I guess I forgot I did have db lunges today's, but everything else was machines

12. I like throwing a machine Day in now and then because the squeeze and hard contraction is second to none. No free weight exercise can really get that

13. Today was shoulder and abs with some cardio.
    All machines again except some db lat raises and ez bar upright rows

14. Day 2 of legs this week. Focused on hammies.
    Had at least some hex bar dl and stiff leg deadlifts.
    20 min cardio. Now on home to hang lights for the wife.

15. Got new diet plan. A good bit has been changed up. Also let ten main coach now how I have been feeling about workouts.
    So let's see if anything changes with those.

16. So I feel still feel like the training isn't very personalized, at the online training. The reason I feel this way other than previous things brought up are the following...
    1. After getting the new diet plan, which happens to be the first change other than base( which just lists foods and amounts to eat). I asked about subbing in some different meats. The answer I got was that is ok as long as it's close. And he allows more changing once you are given a diet plan that lists macros, which the new I just got from him a hour before has them listed. So it seems to me he didn't even know I had already gotten a plan with macros listed.
    Number 2. And along the same lines as above. I was asked in what seems automated messages that i get each week, how training was going. I responded thatbtge training is very bland and basic sets and reps. The answer i got was that the base training plan is basic and would improve with the 2nd phase, well last week was my first week not on base training and was still basic, so again it seems the main coach really isn't aware of where each person is.

17. Left is start and right was Saturday. No real changes.

18. Yeah there’s 3-4 automated messages every week that we all get. I just ignore them

19. Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    Yeah there’s 3-4 automated messages every week that we all get. I just ignore them
    Same here

20. Had shoulders, and, and calves today. Strange combo. Overall not a bad day. Sets and reps still bland, may be except for ohp starting with 20 reps. But overall the shoulder portion was very similar to the base training in the first 2 weeks.

21. Why they would be starting intermediate lifters on basic beginner cookie cutter plans is just a mystery to me. I like the idea of tossing a good bit of volume at someone with more frequent than usual training and push them to see where the kinks are in their armor. Bottom line unless you were already pretty close to overtraining the basic workout would be very challenging... After a bit on that we would "active deload" then start personalizing everything off of what I learned. However there wouldn't be too much complaining about not feeling they got worked hard during the basic phase.

That is obviously only for someone with a little training age, not a newbie and someone with a goal, or who has the drive to push like that. You guys would fall into that class. Really shocked no one asked what your normal training was like or what you had been eating.

Definitely sounds like you and @booneman77 ended up with the same training coach for programming. Sounds like he relies more on machines and is overly cautious about the main lifts. Alternatively @nicksox15 got someone who believes the basics are the meat and potatoes and should comprise most of your programming.

I agree with the latter but also do not think that free weights are always going to be the best lifts for hypertrophy either. When it comes to applying tension in the muscle often a machine can do so better and from more angles than free weights.
    Current Training Log -

22. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Why they would be starting intermediate lifters on basic beginner cookie cutter plans is just a mystery to me. I like the idea of tossing a good bit of volume at someone with more frequent than usual training and push them to see where the kinks are in their armor. Bottom line unless you were already pretty close to overtraining the basic workout would be very challenging... After a bit on that we would "active deload" then start personalizing everything off of what I learned. However there wouldn't be too much complaining about not feeling they got worked hard during the basic phase.

That is obviously only for someone with a little training age, not a newbie and someone with a goal, or who has the drive to push like that. You guys would fall into that class. Really shocked no one asked what your normal training was like or what you had been eating.

Definitely sounds like you and @booneman77 ended up with the same training coach for programming. Sounds like he relies more on machines and is overly cautious about the main lifts. Alternatively @nicksox15 got someone who believes the basics are the meat and potatoes and should comprise most of your programming.

I agree with the latter but also do not think that free weights are always going to be the best lifts for hypertrophy either. When it comes to applying tension in the muscle often a machine can do so better and from more angles than free weights.
    I agree. And no free weights aren't always the answer but I would like more and also would have nice for me to have been asked what prefer or things I like. And yes very crazy I wasn't really asked about past training history or diet

23. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Why they would be starting intermediate lifters on basic beginner cookie cutter plans is just a mystery to me. I like the idea of tossing a good bit of volume at someone with more frequent than usual training and push them to see where the kinks are in their armor. Bottom line unless you were already pretty close to overtraining the basic workout would be very challenging... After a bit on that we would "active deload" then start personalizing everything off of what I learned. However there wouldn't be too much complaining about not feeling they got worked hard during the basic phase.

I actually think we have 3 different trainers. My workouts have been a nice balance of machines and frees just that the volume and simplicity has been lower than my usual. I was very clear with exactly how I’ve trained over the last few years (literally sent my workout spreadsheets ha) so I was stunned when week 1 my volume was cut by like 90% and hasn’t gotten anywhere near “usual” even still. That said, I am running a bro split now and definitely can tell I have the ability to get much more intense knowing there’s only 1 time a week to destroy that body part.

24. You never know the added recovery might help. If not then you will grow when this is over and you bump your volume back up...
    Current Training Log -

25. Actually had a decent leg workout tonight. Reps were higher and didn't follow the normal cookie cutter bull**** rep and set scheme. They even threw me in a nice 100 rep set at the very end of leg presses.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-20-2017, 06:29 PM
  2. Welcome Team Juggernaut!
    By Ari Gold in forum Team Juggernaut
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-27-2017, 10:23 AM
  3. Just placing an introduction - Team Juggernaut
    By CJuggernaut in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-26-2017, 09:46 PM