New to the sight

cheezscott

Awards
Hey guys, first post. Basically Im trying to cut 20 lbs - from the looks of thing on the sight a stack of LR and DCP seems to be the way to go. Just wondering how much and when people are taking, and how long to cycle...also any ideas post work out or post sleep. Sorry for such a basic question but thats where Im at...

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Welcome!

Those are two products with great ingredient profiles and reviews. There may very well be a hundred of such good products available at any given time.

Research your diet, meaning your calories and macros, your energy expenditure, to be sure you are on target to achieve your goals before considering supplements.

Get yourself familiar with the training and nutrition section.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
welcome to AM!

also, what's your stats? weight, bf%, height, etc?

BB12

BB12

Awards
  • Established
Welcome... I think like the others stated... stats.. and then I'm sure someone will chime in with a great suggestion.

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
Welcome, man. Diet and cardio are the most important tools to fat loss, supplementation coming in a distant 2nd. Good call, though on the LR and DCP, it looks like you've done some research. Just make sure not to lose the weight too fast!

cheezscott

Awards

5'11 , 220, 22%(I know I know) - broad build if that makes sense..Like I said Im looking to loose weight while getting in good shape. Been working out again for the last 3 weeks work out 1hr and 15 minutes 5 days a week - 30 mins of cardio, 30 minutes of weights and 15 minutes of abs - again any help would be greatly appreciated

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
You have a long ways to go before you need to be considering supplements. Save your self some money and hold off on everything except maybe an appetite suppressant. Work out and have a solid diet for 6 months straight before you consider anything else.

cheezscott

Awards
wont some of the fat burners help drop the weight tho and curb app.??? and give me a kick for a better harder work out

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
At your BF% you don't need them. They will get you a stim kick but not much esle. If you really want to spend the money I'd recommend Adrenalean or Venom Hyperdrive because they probably have the best reviews for appetite suppression.

Keep in mind: YOU WILL FAIL WITHOUT PROPER DIET NO MATTER WHAT SUPPLEMENTS YOU TAKE. DIET IS #1, ALWAYS!

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Rugger is right...this is why we ask about your stats.

at your BF % your body is more than willing to give up the weight, save the supps for when your body is fighting the loss.

you don't want to build a tolerance to any of the substances that will benefit you more later.

check out my progress from the link in my signature...did it in a year without the fat burners.

cheezscott

Awards
so at what BF% and weight should I consider a Fat Burner then..is there anything I can take pre work out for energy and post work out so Im not sore for three days after

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
so at what BF% and weight should I consider a Fat Burner then..is there anything I can take pre work out for energy and post work out so Im not sore for three days after
Pre workout: White FLOOD or Ragnarok
During workout: Xtend or Purple Wraath
Post workout: protein, carbs

cheezscott

Awards
Thanks all for the answers..I purchased REDuction is there anyway that will work in replacement of the ragnarok or White flood...will Orange triad help at all; as i feel like I got hit by a bus the day after working out. Thanks

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
You've barely been working out a week. Keep going and your soreness will go away. Save your money. Don't be buying these 50$ supplements.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
man, just getting started and hitting 5 days a week?

what's your workout split (how do you break up your workouts throughout the 5 days)?

if you're sore for three days then you might need to ease in a little slower...you might be sprinting at the beginning of a marathon.

StanChampion

StanChampion

Awards
  • Established
Glad you can see. :)

you do not need supps yet, well maybe a lil extra protein. Just keep up the 5x week routine you are one, but do it for another 3 months and then maybe add some supps, probably just additional protein. 20lbs should come off fairly easy as long as your diet stays in check.

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Welcome, man. Diet and cardio are the most important tools to fat loss, supplementation coming in a distant 2nd. Good call, though on the LR and DCP, it looks like you've done some research. Just make sure not to lose the weight too fast!
I disagree. Weight training is more important for fat loss than cardio.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
LR/DCP/AP.
LR for energy+fatloss.
DCP for fatloss+no stims
AP to manage your carbs.

Also make sure the diet is 110%.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

5'11 , 220, 22%(I know I know) - broad build if that makes sense..Like I said Im looking to loose weight while getting in good shape. Been working out again for the last 3 weeks work out 1hr and 15 minutes 5 days a week - 30 mins of cardio, 30 minutes of weights and 15 minutes of abs - again any help would be greatly appreciated
how old are you?

cheezscott

Awards
man, just getting started and hitting 5 days a week?

what's your workout split (how do you break up your workouts throughout the 5 days)?

if you're sore for three days then you might need to ease in a little slower...you might be sprinting at the beginning of a marathon.
Im doing 30 min of eliptical, 2 min hard like level7 and 2 min slow at level 15..then 15 minute abs..I do that everyday..then 1 day bis and tris, 2 day shoulders, and 3 chest..all for 1/2 hour

cheezscott

Awards
Glad you can see. :)

you do not need supps yet, well maybe a lil extra protein. Just keep up the 5x week routine you are one, but do it for another 3 months and then maybe add some supps, probably just additional protein. 20lbs should come off fairly easy as long as your diet stays in check.
Is my 30 min of cardio a day and 30 min of weights enough though???

pantherdude63

pantherdude63

Awards
  • Established
37...when I was in good shape , or good to me.. i was walking around at 195 and pretty lean
You may look up h.i.i.t. cardio its a killer.lol Just keep workin out and dont give up. Also as everyone has said get your diet to perfection. Good luck.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Im doing 30 min of eliptical, 2 min hard like level7 and 2 min slow at level 15..then 15 minute abs..I do that everyday..then 1 day bis and tris, 2 day shoulders, and 3 chest..all for 1/2 hour
what about legs and back?

doing 30 minutes of intense weight training is prob enough to get you started. just remember to either do your cardio at a different time than your weight training or to do it post weight training.

if you've been out of training for a while then you need to work back into it...so many people in that possition get motivated to "hit it hard" and then get thrown back because of injury...hit it too hard, too fast!

OK, because of your age...I would also recommend taking super cissus to provide support for your connective tissue (ligaments, tendons, general joint)and ZMA before you go to bed, and be sure to take fish oil (heart benefits and anti inflamatory).

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Is my 30 min of cardio a day and 30 min of weights enough though???
dont go by timing. go by workout. time will tell catabolism yes, but if you arent getting a good workout in those 30 minute then the 30 minutes dont even matter