Best Value Multi-Vit?

Boyders

Boyders

Awards
  • Established
I'm about done with my bottle of multi vits and am looking for a replacement VALUE product.

I'm not even going to tell you where I got my current multi vits because I'm just asking for a flame :p

I do see some great deals on NP, Adam, Daily Vits, Vit Min, etc

What are your guys' favourites? I know I'll get a bunch of suggestions for Orange Triad but at it's normal price, it is a bit more than I'd like to spend on a multi-vit.

Thanks guys

tribaltek

tribaltek

All Traps - No Tris
Awards
  • Established
I've been using Optimum Nutrition Opti-Men for quite some time. Every once in a while they also update the formulation with new ingredients. I like it, and think its a great value.

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Try SportPharma brand. Quality multi for super cheap...

mamelton

Awards
Ultra VitaMan form Vitamin World works for me.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
This might be of some interest to you....

The Great Multivitamin (MVI) Debate

Author’s Note: This offering has been inspired both by an article I wrote in 2005 as well as a bb.com thread that had recently incited some interest. For those curious the full thread can be found here for context purposes:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1593971&highlight=dinoiii

Otherwise, I have placed my individual comments and some questions that go with them below.

So, as I was reading this thread…I was really itching to provide comment. I actually do represent ONE MD’s view:

ALL MULTIVITAMINS (MVIs) SUCK!!!

Now, before everyone thinks I have jumped on the Des bandwagon (sorry man, no offense…I like a lot of the posts you present) or that I am supporting the quoted doctor of the initial post - this is VERY untrue. My rationale comes from a different light COMPLETLEY!

I think that no formulation has proven worth and if anyone had to take a formulation that was worthwhile, compliance would literally fall through the floor.

I am going to quote a piece I did from some time ago to display (on the mineral side of the coin) how worthless some of the formulations are:

From 2005 article I wrote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinoiii
Together with the 13 vitamins found in nature, at least 22 minerals are needed by your body to make things happen. You should further subdivide these categories into Major and Trace minerals when considering how much you should take. (Note: Trace is neither synonymous nor homologous with less important!)

Deficiencies have been found in the following minerals while on ketogenic diets and I find it imperative to supplement them in preparation for potential problem. Calcium, Magnesium, Iron, and Zinc. Now, as an aside, iron ? if incorporating meat product into the plan ? you may not expect to be a problem in the deficiency realm, however, megadosing here on the other hand can be an issue in the realm of CREATING deficiency. Taking too much of one mineral can affect your elimination of, or make it hard (maybe even impossible) for your body to use, one or more of the other minerals.

So, which minerals contribute to the problems? All of them can!

* If you get too much calcium, your body may not be able to absorb or use magnesium, iron, or zinc. (Wait a minute, perhaps, another reason people should STILL take a ZMA supp at a time other than that which they ingest calcium)
* If you get too much copper, your body too may not be able to absorb or use zinc.
* If you get too much iron, your body may not be able to absorb or use phosphorus OR zinc.
* If you get too much manganese, your body may not be able to absorb or use iron. (this is despite adequate meat intake).
* If you get too much molybedenum, your body may not be able to absorb or use zinc OR copper.
* If you get too much phosphorus, your body may not be able to absorb or use calcium.
* If you get too much sulfur (protein), your boy may not be able to absorb or use molybedenum.
* If you get too much zinc, your body may not be able to absorb or use copper.

And these aren?t the only cascades multiple vitamin/mineral supps don?t take into consideration, and for it I have no recommendations at this time on how to correct all of them, because it WILL vary DEPENDENT UPON which diet you are partaking in. Suggestions I will make are more dependent upon which minerals ?double? as ?electrolytes.?
Yes, you need them - do any companies invest the appropriate time into development - not in this lifetime…they attempt to offer up a “MORE IS BETTER TO BEAT THE NEXT ONE” mentality and this is rather silly.

Again - ONLY one physician’s view…but let’s understand this one went a bit beyond the ole medical education, which I do CONCUR with the aforementioned posts as they state it is rather deficient…it is actually NON-EXISTENT…though some claim the little wonders of tidbits on deficiencies and toxicities in bichemistry and pathology amount to what should be learned when they preach you need to see a physician before taking any new supplement or start a new weight training/diet program. Have you seen many physicians in shape?

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been using Optimum Nutrition Opti-Men for quite some time. Every once in a while they also update the formulation with new ingredients. I like it, and think its a great value.
x2 - Great Stuff!

Korben

Korben

Awards
I say go for quality on your multi.. so I say go ADAM or Orange Triad, which is on sale at planet!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I say go for quality on your multi.. so I say go ADAM or Orange Triad, which is on sale at planet!
Yes I think a multi is the most important thing in your supplement arsenal as it contributes to general health as well as recovery/training aspect. That is one thing I wouldn't skimp on.

About the OT, why not go to the sale and pick up a bottle ??? Seems like the perfect time for you.
:bb3:

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
I would say, do your research, make your own formula, then go to custom capsule,( An AM sponsor) You coudlnt get anything fresher unless you made it yourself.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Equates(wal mart brand)multi is $8 for 300.It says to take one a day,but I take three througout cause the dose is low compared to others.Of course others serving size is 2-3.

Boyders

Boyders

Awards
  • Established
I really appreciate all your opinions on this. At the current price I will pick up a bottle or two of OT then probably go with Adam.

Hard Knox

Hard Knox

Awards
  • Established
I really appreciate all your opinions on this. At the current price I will pick up a bottle or two of OT then probably go with Adam.
I just ordered 2 at that price. I've been taking NOW Adam Superior but I think it is too much ZMA for me. I like to take ZMA as a sleep aid before bed and it has always worked well, but since I started Now Adam (a couple of weeks ago) I haven't slept as well. The Orange Triad is actually cheap at the regular price when you consider how much you would have to spend to get the same amounts of Glucosamine, Chondroiton, and MSM, as a seperate supplement. I just ran out of my Glucosamine/MSM last week so this sale came at a great time for me, I'll just save the NOW Adams for a back up.

Boyders

Boyders

Awards
  • Established
Oo that's interesting because I'm a ZMA kinda guy too. I'll have to consider that for sure

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Good choice Boyders!!!! Can't go wrong with either one!

KRNMuscle

KRNMuscle

Awards
I like Universal Nutrion's Daily Formula. Its cheap and I like it a lot. Too bad NP does not carry them.

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
I love my MVP365. It like the idea of getting vitamins during the day and minerals at night. Especially since I am IN LOVE with ZMK.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
What about a mulit like this that also has creatine, BCAAs, Beta Alanine, digestive enzymes and joint support? It is also a powder so if you want to spread it out throughout the day you can.

Multi Vit Mineral Complex
Amount Per
Serving % Daily Value
Beta Carotene (as pro-Vitamin A 6mg) 10,000 IU 200%
Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid) 500 mg 833%
Vitamin D (as Ergocalociferol) 400 IU 100%
Vitamin E (from d-alpha Tocopheryl) 200 IU 670%
Vitamin K (as Phytonadione) 50mg 60%
Thiamine (Vit. B-1) (from Thiamine HCI) 30 mg 2,000%
Riboflavin (Vitamin B-2) 30mg 1765%
Niacin (Vitamin B-3) (from Niacinamide ) 50mg 250%
Vitamin B-6 (from Pynidoxine HCI) 30mg 1500%
Folic Acid 400mcg 100%
Vitamin B-12 (as Cyanocobalamin) 50mg 833%
Biotin 300mcg 100%
Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B-5) (from Calcium d-Pantothenate) 100mg 1000%
Calcium (from Calcium Carbonate) 350mg 35%
Iodine (from Kelp) 225mcg 150%
Magnesium (from Magnesium Oxide) 100mg 25%
Zinc (from Zinc Cheleate) 30mg 200%
Selenium (from Selenium Chelate) 200mcg 290%
Copper (from Copper Chelate) 500mg 25%
Manganese (from Manganese Sulfate) 3mg 150%
Chromium (from Chromium Chelate) 25mg 21%
Molybedunum (from Molybdenum Chelate) 50mg 70%
Potassium (from Potassium Chloride) 50mg 1%
Boron (from Boron Chelate) 500mcg **

IRON4LIFE

IRON4LIFE

Awards
  • Established
animal pak has got all your training needs covered as far as a multi is concerned...if you can get over then 9 horse pills, its a great product