when do i take protein? im new

nathan51

Awards
Hey so i have been working out for a few months now taking 100%whey protein and its been working REALLY well!!! so the other day i picked up NO xplode and Cell Mass. i know i take NO before, and CM after and before bed...so when should i take my protein drink shakes???

thanks!!!

Timmo

Timmo

Awards
I used this same stack on numerous occasions when I was first starting out. I did it like this. One scoop on protein an hour before my workout, then take my no xplode right before I worked out, it didnt take long for it to kick in for me. Then immediately postworkout take one serving of cellmass with 60g of gatorade, then 20-30 minutes later I would drink two scoops of whey with some bcaa. I only took one serving of cellmass per day, I didnt feel the need to take it twice. Alot of people might flame you for choosing the BSN product, when there are some better and more cost effective options, but I made descent gains while on this stack as a beginner.

king1033

king1033

Awards
  • Established
20-30gr per shake usually i find you can go a lot higher (50-80) post workout when your body creates the ability to absorb more since its in a dire need for nutes, so basically you can take a shake pre post and inbetween meals and get in atleast 5 meals a day depending on your goals.... hope that helps somewhat

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
take 20g before w/o and 40g after workouts, you can also take 20g or so through the day for maintenance but as a meal

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
take 20g before w/o and 40g after workouts, you can also take 20g or so through the day for maintenance but as a meal
Well put Dormant. As for the BSN stack, if it works for ya, no harm, but yeah, I feel there are better ones out there, just use the search button bud. Good luck!!