Uber tendon pain...

L

longhornjedi

Awards
Heya guys,

Have just started lifting fairly heavy and have noticed bad tendon pain. I take vit's and supps for joints but they have'nt worked for my tendons....any recomendations wouls be greatly appreciatted.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Heya guys,

Have just started lifting fairly heavy and have noticed bad tendon pain. I take vit's and supps for joints but they have'nt worked for my tendons....any recomendations wouls be greatly appreciatted.
what supps you taking for joints now?

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
Which tendons/joints are causing you problems boss? I used a wrap on my arm when I had tennis elbow from benching heavy weight, used it at night when I slept and it made a huge difference. I also took some down time and did some support work, and then it seemed to clear up. There were times when I pushed through the pain also. A supp I highly recommend as do others is Animal Flex, by Universal Nutrition. http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/universal-nutrition/animal-flex-44-pack.html I have and continue to use it and find it very effective. I also use fish oil as well, and as mentioned above, you could also use Cissus, which I have used and can recommend as well. Additionally, might wanna check your diet too, for things like enough water, or too much processed sugar as these can affect your joints as well. Lots of things can come into play, even proper technique, not meant to offend. Possibly even warming up more/stretching more could placate it perhaps. Tons of helpful advice to be had here, lemme know how it all works out. Any more details would help.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
google wobenzym n, i have been taking it for about a week and i believe i feel a difference already. it's not your typical joint supp, but it has a ton of research behind it dating back to 1950's.

F

FrankJ

Awards
  • Established
In order of importance, Rest, icing after workout, stretching, anti-inflammatory drugs as needed.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Warm up more. I bet you're going in and hitting it hard, right away. Try running at least a mile, if not two, pre-workout. Then be sure to do several warmup set in incrementally heavier sets for each body part. At first you may feel weaker, but it's OK, better that than having to stop for a month while the tendons calm down. You may actually lift harder, because you're fully warmed up.

And use USPLabs Cissus.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i am recovering from knee surgery, after just a week on wobenzym n, i can feel a difference. this stuff puts glucosamine and the likes to shame. very unique formula.

L

longhornjedi

Awards
TY all

Thankyou all for the recomendations. Mostly the tendons to my biceps kill anytime I do any kind of heavy weight. I have tried icing..but it doesnt seem to work.I only have been using Glucosamine. I have never tried cissus but I will research it, as well as the Wobenzyme. If anyone knows of anything the have used for awhile and have actually seen it work for them please let me know. Again ty.

polo

polo

Awards
Heya guys,

do light weights for the next 2 weeks
and try gettin more sleep than normal.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
google wobenzym n, i have been taking it for about a week and i believe i feel a difference already. it's not your typical joint supp, but it has a ton of research behind it dating back to 1950's.

Hey Big T would you say this would help with Achilles tendinitis? maybe speed up the recover process and prevent re injury?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Hey Big T would you say this would help with Achilles tendinitis? maybe speed up the recover process and prevent re injury?
google it, i found a ton of research on it. this stuff has has been around since the 50's. all i know is i took a chance and it has worked out well for me.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
google it, i found a ton of research on it. this stuff has has been around since the 50's. all i know is i took a chance and it has worked out well for me.
Sounds good. Osteobolin-C helped me out alot, this stuff almost seems too wonderful to be true....This crap is hard to treat. I am kinda over it(i can run/crouch, jump, play basketball again andall) but I know its still irritatable, and afraid to bring it back full force. I am going to have to look into this stuff.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Sounds good. Osteobolin-C helped me out alot, this stuff almost seems too wonderful to be true....This crap is hard to treat. I am kinda over it(i can run/crouch, jump, play basketball again andall) but I know its still irritatable, and afraid to bring it back full force. I am going to have to look into this stuff.
it's priced high at vitamin shoppe stores, but if you go to the vitamin shoppe website you can get it for 1/2 price. wobenzym n is treating me right.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established

wow this stuff seems amazing, which manufacturer did you go with for yours? or is Mucos Pharma GmbH the only one lol. havent seen another yet.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
wow this stuff seems amazing, which manufacturer did you go with for yours? or is Mucos Pharma GmbH the only one lol. havent seen another yet.
health yourself from vitamin shoppe. 200 caps for under $30. did you read the research behind it? impressive eh.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
health yourself from vitamin shoppe. 200 caps for under $30. did you read the research behind it? impressive eh.

Yeah, still reading it. Crazy something as simple and available as this can be more productive to our health and recovery than the crap overpaid doctors spew out from companies that give em kickbacks eh?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, still reading it. Crazy something as simple and available as this can be more productive to our health and recovery than the crap overpaid doctors spew out from companies that give em kickbacks eh?
not surprising at all. i will say this stuff is amazing. it is also good for a lot of other stuff, the breaking down of protein is of major importance to guys supplementing with protein powders.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
not surprising at all. i will say this stuff is amazing. it is also good for a lot of other stuff, the breaking down of protein is of major importance to guys supplementing with protein powders.

do you think it would be good to combine this with osteobolin-c or nay?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
do you think it would be good to combine this with osteobolin-c or nay?
i think it may help the cissus be more effective. there should be symetry. hell, did you read that they even give this stuff to cancer patients?

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Heya guys,

Hey, Im going through the same problem in my forearms. The pain is likened to being kicked in the nuts.

Ive upped my fishoil to 12g (2x 6g), using tiger balm and strapping my forearms. Im only working out 3x a week, so Im getting plenty of rest in.

Certainly looking at USPLabs Super Cissus as well - just see how the above manages the problem first.

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
try wobenzym - i swear by it. i also if in alot of pain will add serraflazyme as well.

best to you.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
try wobenzym - i swear by it. i also if in alot of pain will add serraflazyme as well.:goodpost:

best to you.
i just wish i would have found this sooner. i like to pass it on when i find something this good that people don't seem to know about.

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
i have been touting this enzyme combo and enzyme for quite a while around here. it seems to be slowly catching on. there are many other benefits to these substances in addtion to their work on inflamation. serraflazyme is very good for the blood and a good chest conditioner as well.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I am going to get the wobenzym and run it with osteobolin-C and log it soon. I think it would be good for peeps to see it work over time.

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
be forwarned - major sticker shock here.

DBinMD

DBinMD

Awards
  • Established
Heya guys,

I only have been using Glucosamine.
Glucosamine by itself doesn’t do much for me, but it works much better with chondroitin. I’ve done both glucosamine/chondroitin and Cissus, I can’t say one works better than the other. I prefer g/c because that’s what my doctor recommends and seems to work for me.

Things that have worked for me .
For prevention:
1) Save the heavy lifts for the power movements (bench, squat, leg press, deads, maybe shoulder presses).
2) Warm up with some lite sets, they don’t need to be to failure.
3) Try not to over train and try to keep the heavy lifts to around 5-6 reps. 1 and 2’s generally do nothing for development.
4) For everything else, keep the reps 8-12, make the 12 rep set the first set of any exercise.
5) Focus and pay attention to your movements, when any sharp pain starts, stop ASAP.
6) Use fish oil and glucosamine/chondroitin. If you prefer, do Cissus instead of g/c.

Now that you have it:
1) Do not work thru the tendonitis pain, it will only get worse.
2) Work around it, do other movements and/or keep the reps high, at least 10.
3) Do not take any pain killers before your workout, you will only mask the pain and risk aggravating the injury.
4) Be patient, tendonitis takes time, about 6 weeks, to heal.
5) I’m not a believer in NSAIDs except as a last resort.

L

longhornjedi

Awards
A big Thankyou

Guys,

Really appreciate all the input. I think I have allready incorparated half of what you guys have said and have some Supercissus and Wobenzyme on order. When I get it I will run a log considering Iam in signifigant pain now. I will update my routine, diet and log supps Iam currently taking when I start the SuperCissus and Wobenzyme and keep you guys posted.

...Again thanks

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Guys,

Really appreciate all the input. I think I have allready incorparated half of what you guys have said and have some Supercissus and Wobenzyme on order. When I get it I will run a log considering Iam in signifigant pain now. I will update my routine, diet and log supps Iam currently taking when I start the SuperCissus and Wobenzyme and keep you guys posted.

...Again thanks
good luck to you. will follow your log.