Bcaa

wannabswole

Awards
Sup everyone

I'm confuse on these two...some protein says it has BCAA in it and some doesn't.

what is BCAA for? recovery? when do I take it and how much? Does it work?

Do I take BCAA and Protein shakes?

so would BCAA be better than amino acid pills from gnc? is it the same thing?

thanks

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
BCAA is branch chain amino acids. I use xtend for my bcaas. I take drink one with lunch and drink it after post. BCAA is anti catabolic. Prevents muscle breakdown. good when your on a cut or blulking. I say its a must.

Boyders

Boyders

Awards
  • Established
It does come in your protein powder but the amount of it depends on what brand you have. You can also buy it in bulk seperately. It is NASTY as ****, but doable if you mix it in something like juice or a protein shake.

It's very good to have and take, I recommend it

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Protein is made up of BCAAs and EAAS aka its made up of Amino Acids.

People buy straight BCAAs (leucine, isoleucine, valine) because they are essential amino acids and can provide additional benefits outside of protein supplementation (in conjunction is what I and most do).

Protein powders will have different amino acid profiles, but typically if you stick with the major brands and our board sponsors (ATW, True Protein) they will be excellent profiles.

StanChampion

StanChampion

Awards
  • Established
second the rec for True Protein. I just ordered from there. They have a variety of protein powders and you can customize your own blend.

Also, if you are getting enough protein you do not need to supplement with BCAA. If you are cutting, then I believe BCAA supplementation is useful, for bulking, not really.

The other took care of what BCAA's are :)