VPX NO-Shotgun- - - - We have a winner!!

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Just got my two tubs of this in yesterday since it was BOGO and used my first dose yesterday. I have used all types of pre-workout supplements, but hands down there is none that come close to NO-Shotgun. I have been a firm believer in Primal NO2/Vasocharge for months now, but NO-Shotgun is the end all of pre-workout supplements in this category hands down. The taste leaves something to be desired, but I've drank worse things. I think WTF Pumped tastes worse to be honest. I would highly recommend picking this up if you are a PWO supp person like myself. Below is a list of PWO supps i've used and I feel this is better than all of them:

Vasocharge
Cold Fusion EX
Ragnarok
No-xplode
Smash
Superpump
Myogenix(can't recall the name)
WTF Pumped
Shock Therapy

By far the runner up would be Vasocharge, but in my mind they aren't even in the same ballpark.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Cool Is it v3 or v2?

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Just got my two tubs of this in yesterday since it was BOGO and used my first dose yesterday. I have used all types of pre-workout supplements, but hands down there is none that come close to NO-Shotgun. I have been a firm believer in Primal NO2/Vasocharge for months now, but NO-Shotgun is the end all of pre-workout supplements in this category hands down. The taste leaves something to be desired, but I've drank worse things. I think WTF Pumped tastes worse to be honest. I would highly recommend picking this up if you are a PWO supp person like myself. Below is a list of PWO supps i've used and I feel this is better than all of them:

Vasocharge
Cold Fusion EX
Ragnarok
No-xplode
Smash
Superpump
WTF Pumped
Shock Therapy

By far the runner up would be Vasocharge, but in my mind they aren't even in the same ballpark.
When you sat BEST, what do you mean?

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
piss off! WTF Pumped tatse better than this shyt! hahaha
The new shotgun is suposed to be decent, theyre trying to get rid off all the old stuff prolly(stores)

I used Shock Therapy and it did nothing for me.
WTF Pumped = Best i ever had.
NO-Xtreme(Kaizen) decent, solid pump, not much stim.
NOXplode-tons of stim no pump.
Vasocharge was ok too. Great pump, not to much stim.
Optimum Nutrition NO-something? =lame
R4W by Deisel....OH MY!

Next i wanna try the VPX stack, forgot the names of them.

I think im a get some more WTF though....WOOOO!

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
When you sat BEST, what do you mean?
I can only comment on one dose, but it provides more sustained energy than other products I have tried. The pump was on par or a step above then other products I have tried. And dollar for dollar its the best ingredient profile by a long shot. Sure WTF Pump may give you good energy and a pump, but does it have 16g of protein? Granted alot of that is coming from BCAA, but still, no other preworkout drink has BCAA's in this amount. I just feel for the money you get much much more out of this product than any others. Only time will tell if it will add any additional mass due to the ingredient profile.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
ALRI WTF Pumped

Supplement Facts

Serving Size: One (1) Scoop (approximately 15 g)
Servings per Container: Thirty (30)

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Calories 54
Calories from Fat 54
Total Fat 6g 9%
Saturated Fat 6g 30%
WTF Pump'D Proprietary (Balls to the Walls) Matrix:
Glycerol Monostearate, Arginine AKG 2:1, Taurine, Betaine, Creatine Ethyl Ester, Tricreatine Malate, Tamarindus Indica, Histidine AKG 2:1, Citrulline Malate Ethyl Ester, Cowpea, Caffeine, Schizandra, Ng-Hydroxy-L-Arginine Ethyl Ester, Corosolic Acid 14, 260mg

VPX NO-Shotgun

NO-SHOTGUN Supplement Facts
Serving Size 27g (1 Scoop)
Servings Per Container: 30
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 108
Sodium 125mg
Potassium 50mg
Carbohydrates 9g
Protein 16g
Proprietary BCAAEX-NV (Branched Chain Ethyl Ester Amino Acid Matrix) 5,350mg
L-Leucine
L-2-Aminopentanoic Acid (L-nor-Valine)
L-Leucine Ethyl Ester HCl
L-Valine Ethyl Ester HCl
L-Isoleucine Ethyl Ester HCl
Proprietary Muscle Volumizing, NO2, Insullnotropic and Glutamine Matrix 10,952mg
Methyl Hydroxy Chaicone Polymer (MHCP 80%)
CEX (Creatine Ethyl Ester HCl)
AEX (Arginine Ethyl Ester HCl)
GEX (L-Glutamine Ethyl Ester HCl)
Di-L-Arginine Malate
Citrulline Malate
BPOV (Bis Picolinato Oxo Vanadium)
Power, Speed, Strength and Endurance Matrix
KIC (Ketoisocaproic Acid Calcium)
Guanidiopropionic Acid (GPA)
Orotic Acid
Creatine Magnesium Chelate
BAEX (Beta-Alanine Ethyl Ester HCl)
Glycine
Creatine Monohydrate
Phosphates
RedLine Energy Technology 220mg
L-TEX (L-Tyrosine Ethyl Ester HCl)
Evoburn (Pure Evodiamine)
Caffeine Anhydrous
Vinpocetine
Folate (as Folic Acid)~100%

NO COMPARISON. Wow I sound like a VPX whore, but this is the first VPX product i've used and it seems like a winner.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
You wont see mass from an NO product. Youll get energy,vascular,pump and thats about it. Along with the little things like blood flow etc etc....

No most dont have many BCAAs in them, i actually tried mixing Xtend with some preWO drinks i used and for some reason, it seems to kill my pump...havent a clue why or how. I am going to try the ne Shotgun eventually, just wanna get the WTF back first.

Enjoy.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
i wasnt trying to argue it but ok...
5,350mg of a prop belnd with more than 15+ items in it. No way to tell how much of the item is in there.
If its a great product use it by all measn, i even said i wanna try the new one. I had the old one before but couldnt stomach it....

I like WTF Pumped because it hits me hard, i get riled up, i pump hard and it has minimal ingredients that work and that have stoo the test of time.

EDIT: Ill correct myself, it has 10,xxx of the 22 things, it has the 5,350 of a few. Either way...

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
i wasnt trying to argue it but ok...
5,350mg of a prop belnd with more than 15+ items in it. No way to tell how much of the item is in there.
If its a great product use it by all measn, i even said i wanna try the new one. I had the old one before but couldnt stomach it....

I like WTF Pumped because it hits me hard, i get riled up, i pump hard and it has minimal ingredients that work and that have stoo the test of time.
Its only five items if you read correctly:

L-Leucine
L-Valine Ethyl Ester HCl

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established

Vasocharge
Cold Fusion EX
Ragnarok
No-xplode
Smash
Superpump
WTF Pumped
Shock Therapy

I concur with the above. I too got the BOGO and the taste is OK, but keep in mind that this is the version 2 with the more improved taste. I also only need one scoop to feel the effects.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
I concur with the above. I too got the BOGO and the taste is OK, but keep in mind that this is the version 2 with the more improved taste. I also only need one scoop to feel the effects.
What size scoop is in yours? I believe mine is a 63cc. I heard of some containers with wrong sized scoops, just curious....

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What I do is take a pre work out shake and take the specific raw ingredients via tabs ie extra BA or creatine. That way I still get the cocktail but get the specific things I really want.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
Its only five items if you read correctly:

L-Leucine
L-Valine Ethyl Ester HCl
Shotgun has always interested me even though I'm not a huge Pre-WO guy. I took VPX CEX (powder) a couple years ago and absolutely loved it. I looked the other day and they discontinued the powder and only have caps :( Wasn't too happy about that.

I am looking forward to the release of JP8 by Get Diesel though!!! If it's as good as NOS Ether in it's category you might have a new winner.

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
Next i wanna try the VPX stack, forgot the names of them.
Shotgun
Synthasize.

Been doing shotgun pre, and synthasize intra, instead of post.

OH MY!!!!!!! Seriously, this is a killer combo.:clap2:

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established

Vasocharge
Cold Fusion EX
Ragnarok
No-xplode
Smash
Superpump
WTF Pumped
Shock Therapy

In the same ballpark as in what? Energy, pumps, endurance, strength?........u might want to PM me in a week for a sample of JP8 to try.

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
I can only comment on one dose, but it provides more sustained energy than other products I have tried. The pump was on par or a step above then other products I have tried. And dollar for dollar its the best ingredient profile by a long shot. Sure WTF Pump may give you good energy and a pump, but does it have 16g of protein? Granted alot of that is coming from BCAA, but still, no other preworkout drink has BCAA's in this amount. I just feel for the money you get much much more out of this product than any others. Only time will tell if it will add any additional mass due to the ingredient profile.
how much did u take?

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
*note to self* - buy NOshotgun w/ next NP order. thanks for the review, how is the taste though? decent, drinkable, good, or just good enough to shoot down.

*note to chuck's brain* - sending JP8 samples to NP to put in orders would be greatly appreciated and an easy way to compare to the other competitors. *wink wink* ;)

Boyders

Boyders

Awards
  • Established
I also agree that for PUMPS and energy, shotgun is the best pre wo, imo. However, I do like horsepower a lot because it has the largest amount of beta alanine I've seen in a pre workout supp and I think that beta al is the next big thing

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
MentalTwitch, you're right that you won't get big from an NO product. NO-Shotgun is not an NO only product. It does have an NO complex, but it has a sick blend of creatines designed to replenish creatine and phosphocreatine stores ASAP, it has an endurance complex, and insulin optimizing complex (insulin promotes growth, right), and a sick energy/focus blend. I just gave a sample of it to my buddy today who tried them all and he'll probably throw away his green magnitude when he gets shotgun. haha.

If something can make you push harder, longer, and stronger, if all else is in check... you WILL GROW. You may have to decrease the volume of training and not go overboard, as the endurance with Shotgun is through the roof... but use it as a tool to get more out of your workout, not as a caloric substitute.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ok, so add some BCAA's to No-Xplode?

The ingredient profile isn't all that, in my opinion. What sets it apart is the energy, it's the only supp of its kind using geranamine, and the added protein. That's fine, but I wouldn't want to HAVE to take geranamine every time I take the supp. I think we all have enough whey on hand, I ain't willing to pay for more in my preworkout cocktail.

I still say Body Octane and RPM will provide FAR better* endurance, strength, aggression, recovery between sets, recovery between workouts, pumps, and recomp, without being cracked out on Redline/geranamine, and while also providing actual health benefits from RPM's icariin and grape seed extract.

Just my .02. BTW, joebo, I took your ordering advice, thanks. :)

* by FAR better, I mean WORLDS apart. Body Octane is still cutting edge, and NOTHING touches it for its capacity to increase workload and decrease recovery, when used with INTENSE training. RPM is PROVEN by countless reviews, it promotes strength gains and promotes aggression like few other natural supplements. Combine the two for fierce results.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I've tried a TON of pre-workout supps, though I can't speak for GetDiesel, but this NO-Shotgun blows the others away by far.

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
I've tried a TON of pre-workout supps, though I can't speak for GetDiesel, but this NO-Shotgun blows the others away by far.
:goodpost:
Agreed 100% I work at a store, so we get samples of pre workout stuff like you woundlt believe. If they make it, ive tried it.

I do have high hopes for JP-8 though. Diesel always makes good stuff. always.

sp447

sp447

Awards
  • Established
VPX is a great company. If my memory serves me right I think VPX was the first company to release a NO/ Plasma Expander and it tasted like liquid *******. NO Shogtun is nothing in comparison to that. Gakic powder was also pretty disgusting too

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
how much did u take?
Chuck, just one scoop which would yield 30 servings per container. If you work out 5 times a week thats still a month and half worth of doses and for those that only go 3 times a week thats 2 and half months. Great price in my mind. I would be interested in giving JP8 a go when it comes out as comparison and probably will. I just feel as though NO-Shotgun is a very complete formula that is a step above all other existing pre-workout energy, createin, NO blends as its got more than just that. Getting almost 6g of BCAA's is also a great benefit from a pre workout drink. JP8 could be better, but until I try it I can not comment. The energy that NO-Shotgun gives you is just so clean and smooth, it allows for intesity in the gym that I haven't felt before. Shoot me a sample of JP8, I'd love to try it.

mdgrwl

Awards
more praise for NO-Shotgun! best preworkout drink I ever took. V3 taste even better.

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
more praise for NO-Shotgun! best preworkout drink I ever took. V3 taste even better.
yeah a lot of customers at a local retailer tell me the NOshotgun taste has come a long way since summer 2007. People like that product all and all when I ask whats the best pre-workout product.

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
Getting almost 6g of BCAA's is also a great benefit from a pre workout drink.
Actually your getting about 1.980g of BCAA's per serving, 28 servings per container.

So I mean what would happen if you took another pre-workout product with 1/2 to 3/4 scoop of Xtend only pre-workout and didnt use xtend any other time or day....probably nothing.

NOShotgun

644 Grams Exotic Fruit
Supplement Facts
Serving Size23g(1 Scoop)
Servings Per Container28
Serving Amount % Daily Value
Calories ~81
Total Fat 0 0%
Carbohydrates 0mg 0%
Sodium 65mg 2.6%
Protein 20g 40%
Protein Hydrolysate Matrix Yielding 22% Glutamine Peptide, 21% BCAA Peptide, & 41% EAA's 9,660mg **
Casein Protein Hydrolysate
Whey Protein Hydrolysate
Ionic Whey Protein
Proprietary Branched Chain Ethyl Ester Amino Acid Matrix
L-Leucine, L-Valine, :-Isoleucine, L-Arginine, L-Valine Ethyl Ester, L-2-Aminopentanoic Acid (L-Nor Valine), L-Alanyl Glutamine, L-Arginine Ehtyl Ester Di-HCL, L-Isoleucine Ethyl Ester HCL, L-Leucine Ethyl Ester HCL
Proprietary Muscle Volumizing, NO2, Insulinotrophic Matrix 10,055mg **
Creatine Gluconate
CEX®(creatine ethyl ester HCL)
Creatine Taurinate
Creatine Monohydrate
COP® (Creatinol-O-Phosphate)
Di-Na Creatine Phosphate Tetrahydrate
Di-L-Arginine Malate
Citrulline Malate
Gamma-Butyrobetaine Ethyl Ester
Magnesium Tashinoate B
Bis Picolinato Oxo Vanadium (BPOV)
Gamma-Butyrobetaine
Power, Speed, Strength And Endurance Matrix
Beta Alanine/beta Alanine Ethyl Ester HCL
Guanidinopropionic Acid (GPA)
L-Histidine
KIC(Ketoisocaproic Acid Calcium)
Phosphates
Vitamin B6(Pyridoxine HCL- 250%
Creatine Magnesium Chelate
Redline Energy & Meltdown Fat Burning Technology 377mg **
L-Tyrosine
Caffeine Anhydrous
Beta Phenylethylamine HCL
Hordenine HCL
Folate(as Folic Acid)-100%
R-Beta-Methylphenylethylamine
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
** Daily Value not established

I do commend them for using BPOV vandium versus vandyl sulfate which is cheap and not a good source of Vanadium.

Im not knocking NOshotgun, I just wouldnt buy it because it has BCAA's, people dont buy pre-workout/NO products for BCAA's, they buy them for energy, training intensity and pumps.

But from some feedback at bb.com and here people seem to like Shotgun as much or better than any other NO/preworkout product......and thats what people who have tried tons of pre-workout products say.

I think is different from the version you got.

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
this is what im more concerned with (personally) when looking at pre-workout products:

Redline Energy & Meltdown Fat Burning Technology 377mg **
L-Tyrosine
Caffeine Anhydrous
Beta Phenylethylamine HCL
Hordenine HCL
Folate(as Folic Acid)-100%
R-Beta-Methylphenylethylamine

rippedforce63

Awards
  • Established
yeah shotgun isn't really a bcaa product, but NO syntesize is and its fantastic.:good:

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
I want some JP8 CHUCK!!!!
Your products are sic so i think itll hang easy with the others.

Im about to try the new assault, by Muscle Pharm, i am a tester. So i hope to try yours after that.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Actually your getting about 1.980g of BCAA's per serving, 28 servings per container.
Yeh, the new v3 is what you listed and I'm unsure of how that is. The weight is about 200g less than previous versions as well per container. v2 is what i have.

L-Leucine
L-Valine Ethyl Ester HCl

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
Yeh, the new v3 is what you listed and I'm unsure of how that is. The weight is about 200g less than previous versions as well per container. v2 is what i have.

L-Leucine
L-Valine Ethyl Ester HCl
Ethyl Ester's was why it tasted so bad in the past, im assuming thats why it was changed.....or rather how the taste got better.

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
So far, I am positive that NO Shotgun is way more than just an NO product because I am waking up in the morning and looking noticeably bigger.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
I'm so impressed I just ordered another 2 containers.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I'm about to take a dose in 15-20 minutes.

Boyders

Boyders

Awards
  • Established
I'm jealous. My financial department (wife) won't authorize another expenditure until I'm done with horsepower. Needless to say, my scoops have been heaping

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I'm jealous. My financial department (wife) won't authorize another expenditure until I'm done with horsepower. Needless to say, my scoops have been heaping
Double dose that Horsepower! lol!

Boyders

Boyders

Awards
  • Established
Egad no man. I tried two scoops once and the tingle from the beta alanine is so intense I feel like itching my whole body.. it's probably what crack withdrawl feels like.

Needless to say, its not a fun 60-90 minutes.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So far, I am positive that NO Shotgun is way more than just an NO product because I am waking up in the morning and looking noticeably bigger.
It's the Coumarin.

jpatt

Awards
Another thumbs-up for NO Shotgun. I've tried most other NO products and this is by far my favorite. Its not just a caffeine buzz like a few other products out there.

Like everyone else has said, the taste isn't great, but its tolerable. I tried mixing it with some cranberry juice instead of water and it actually tasted pretty good.

I also heard that it contains Redline, which I was told is supposed to act as a fat burner. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
I also heard that it contains Redline, which I was told is supposed to act as a fat burner. Can anyone shed some light on this?
It doesnt have redline, it has caffeine and some stuff in the "redline" blend.

Anyway I got some shotgun v2 samples from a local retailer, imma try them soon.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
So what are your thoughts now that you tried it??
Been using it now though for 14 days... I was getting ready to workout ;) I love the product! Absolutely love it. VERY functional and not one of those, "I wish I could do this lat pulldown by my biceps are too pumped" kinda products. lol.