Novedex XT and some general confusion

jcf

Awards
I have been taking MethylMasterdrol and NO2 Black with CE2 Hi-Def for 8 weeks. I also use Muscle Milk for protein.

Having done the above for 8 weeks and made good gains (at least for my age) though still need to reduce my body fat, I know I should drop MM for 8 weeks. Should I replace it with Novedex Xt?

Any other suggestions would also be appreciated.
Thanks

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Which version of methyl masterdrol are you using? What do the ingredients say...?

jcf

Awards
info

Age 40
Workout 4x per week
MM version XL (took 4 only on work out days in 2 doses)
3-beta-hydroxyetioallocholan-17-one (100mg)
Metabolism Complex (105mg) - caprylic acid, piperine, zinc aspartate, coleus forskolin, yohimbe)

Last edited:
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Age 40
Workout 4x per week
MM version XL (took 4 only on work out days in 2 doses)
3-beta-hydroxyetioallocholan-17-one (100mg)
Metabolism Complex (105mg) - caprylic acid, piperine, zinc aspartate, coleus forskolin, yohimbe)
what you have done sounds like a pulse cycle. pct should be light but you still need to start the novedex xt the next day after stopping the mmv2. never heard of pulsing mmv2 but if it works go with it.

jcf

Awards
dosage

what you have done sounds like a pulse cycle. pct should be light but you still need to start the novedex xt the next day after stopping the mmv2. never heard of pulsing mmv2 but if it works go with it.

What do you think about dosage? The bottle says 2-4 cap.

jdev

Awards
  • Established
Use a lower calorie protein to lose the weight. CytoSport Complete whey for daytime and CytoSport EvoPro fornighttime would be better choices than Muscle Milk.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
What do you think about dosage? The bottle says 2-4 cap.
if you are just using on workout days i would take 2-3 an hour before working out. then take another 1-2 with post workout meal. taking a big dose of fish oil with this seems to help.

jcf

Awards
taste

Use a lower calorie protein to lose the weight. CytoSport Complete whey for daytime and CytoSport EvoPro fornighttime would be better choices than Muscle Milk.
What do they taste like?

jdev

Awards
  • Established
a little worse than muscle milk, as muscle milk has a bunch of fat and sugar. however complete whey has one of the best tastes as flavorings go. EvoPro probably will taste a little worse than complete whey. CytoSport generally has good flavorings.
Ive also heard great things about Dymatizes Cafe Mocha Whey flavor.

polo

polo

Awards
I have been taking MethylMasterdrol and NO2 Black with CE2 Hi-Def for 8 weeks. I also use Muscle Milk for protein.

Having done the above for 8 weeks and made good gains (at least for my age) though still need to reduce my body fat, I know I should drop MM for 8 weeks. Should I replace it with Novedex Xt?

Any other suggestions would also be appreciated.
Thanks
is MM a ph?
if it is i wouldnt do it for your age, i was shedding hair at 18
it would probably worse for your age.

jcf

Awards
ph

is MM a ph?
if it is i wouldnt do it for your age, i was shedding hair at 18
it would probably worse for your age.
That's one of the reasons I only took it on w/o days. I also take avodart (prostate health every other day plus supposed hair loss help).

Last edited:

jdev

Awards
  • Established
Avodart should keep the shedding in check on a cycle (even if not pulsed).

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
That's one of the reasons I only took it on w/o days. I also take avodart (prostate health every other day plus supposed hair loss help).
So you took a DHT precursor and an anti-DHT prescription?
AVODART works by lowering the amount of the male hormone, dihydrotestosterone (DHT), which shrinks an enlarged prostate. When the prostate is smaller, less pressure is placed on the urethra, which improves bothersome urinary symptoms.1

In some men, by targeting DHT, AVODART begins to shrink the size of the prostate in just one month. It may take three to six months to see improvement in symptoms. Just as it takes time for the prostate to grow, it also takes time for it to shrink.2

By shrinking the prostate, over time, AVODART can help the symptoms of an enlarged prostate from getting worse and can reduce the risk of needing prostate surgery. Studies have shown that treatment with AVODART offers both a reduction in prostate size and lasting symptom improvement for up to
4 years.1

Unlike other prostate medicines, AVODART treats the cause of the disease, not just the symptoms.1,3

jcf

Awards
Dht

So you took a DHT precursor and an anti-DHT prescription?
Even before I started MM I have been taking Avodart. So, If MM spikes DHT I thought I would be OK especially since I don't get carried away and over dose on it.

jdev

Awards
  • Established
now thats interesting.
I'm not familiar with the pathway which causes MMV2 to convert to DHT. Does it use 5a-reductase at any point? If so, there are 2 options why abnormal muscle gains were seen. Placebo effect, or Avodart doesn't work.

jcf

Awards
Novadex XT - reduce dosage

Should I be gradually reducing dosage over 4 weeks. After that how long would I wait for resuming MM?

Thanks

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
if you are just using on workout days i would take 2-3 an hour before working out. then take another 1-2 with post workout meal. taking a big dose of fish oil with this seems to help.
Interesting - I WO strictly in the early am, and dose Novedex at bedtime with fish oil - are you suggesting I'd be better off splitting my dose? (Im currently taking 4 caps)