Got my Yohimbine caps

tallbikerguy

Awards
I got an order of the BOGO Yohimbine and I wanna know how to take it. Since I have not been working out due to a shoulder injury, I guess I can get cut up and do cardio in the meantime.

How many caps and how many times a day? I am 6'4 and 210 lbs

Ideal times? Before/after meals?

Thanks.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
20mg a day (8 caps), split up evenly, to be taken with meals because of the half life.

FrankJ

Awards
  • Established
You are gonna walk around with a boner all day if you take that much yohimbine.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wait a second here.

Yohimbine is best utilized in a insulin free environment. So if you do take it be sure to take it on a near empty stomach before cardio. If you are not taking it on an empty stomach be sure to consume them before your least carbohydrate rich meals if not a carb free meal.

Additionally, Yohimbine can have some very severe side effects in some people. These side effects include heart palpatation, elevated HR, elevated BP, anxiety, anxiety attacks and in some cases hallucination.

Do not just start out taking 20mg/d. Yes, the optimum for you would be 20mg/d based on a calculation of .1mg/lb bw. I advise you to take the 2.5mg capsule dose 2 to 4 times per day and increase to 5mg after you have assessed your tolerance and increase up to 20mg/d there after.

With the addition of GTE and dosing on an empty stomach (or at least carb free) pre cardio is a premium way to use it, yet it is also the optimum way to experience any sides that may occur. Be careful and be smart. An insulin free environment optimizes Yohimbines benefits.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Yohimbine is best utilized in a insulin free environment.

I was not aware of that, most of the studys ive read have had the subjects injest their dose with a meal because of the short half life, which would give it the most effect my helping to burn the calories in the food.

And as with all things start small work your way up. I just figured that was given..wasnt tryn to give anyone a heart attack here or anything.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Not to hijack the thread, but if one wanted to maximize the libido-related affect - how would you suggest dosing Yohimbine (e.g., is it best tpo dose at something like 30 minutes prior to intimacy)?

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not to hijack the thread, but if one wanted to maximize the libido-related affect - how would you suggest dosing Yohimbine (e.g., is it best tpo dose at something like 30 minutes prior to intimacy)?
If you have a known tolerance dose it about 30-60 mins prior. I have used up to 30mg because of a higher tolerance. Unfortunately, still, it creates considerable anxiety at that dose so it was not enjoyable. Try 10mg, or 20mg, and see what works.

It does have a cummulative effect, meaning that regular use for longer periods of time seem to provide regular benefits as opposed to an accute one time response with a higher dose. The vasodialtion is what is increasing the pleasure as well as the erectile function.

9. Carro-Juareza M, Rodriguez-Manzo G. Yohimbine reverses the exhaustion of the coital reflex in spinal male rats. Behav Brain Res. 2003 Apr 17;141(1):43-50 [abstract]
Yohimbine reverses the exhaustion of the coital re...[Behav Brain Res. 2003] - PubMed Result

10. Rodriguez-Manzo G, Fernandez-Guasti A. Participation of the central noradrenergic system in the reestablishment of copulatory behavior of sexually exhausted rats by yohimbine, naloxone, and 8-OH-DPAT. Brain Res Bull. 1995;38(4):399-404 [abstract]
Participation of the central noradrenergic system ...[Brain Res Bull. 1995] - PubMed Result

11. Tam SW, Worcel M, Wyllie M. Yohimbine: a clinical review. Pharmacol Ther. 2001 Sep;91(3):215-43
Yohimbine: a clinical review. [Pharmacol Ther. 2001] - PubMed Result

12. Meston CM, Worcel M. The effects of yohimbine plus L-arginine glutamate on sexual arousal in postmenopausal women with sexual arousal disorder. Arch Sex Behav. 2002 Aug;31(4):323-32 [abstract]
The effects of yohimbine plus L-arginine glutamate...[Arch Sex Behav. 2002] - PubMed Result

13. Guay AT, Spark RF, Jacobson J, Murray FT, Geisser ME. Yohimbine treatment of organic erectile dysfunction in a dose-escalation trial. Int J Impot Res. 2002 Feb;14(1):25-31
Yohimbine treatment of organic erectile dysfunctio...[Int J Impot Res. 2002] - PubMed Result

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was not aware of that, most of the studys ive read have had the subjects injest their dose with a meal because of the short half life, which would give it the most effect my helping to burn the calories in the food.

And as with all things start small work your way up. I just figured that was given..wasnt tryn to give anyone a heart attack here or anything.
No problem. I just know a couple things about Y and wanted to share. Sorry for the abrassive tone.
It is best taken on an empty stomach, as taking it with a meal can reduce its lipolytic effects (3). 3. Galitzky J, Taouis M, Berlan M, Riviere D, Garrigues M, Lafontan M. Alpha 2-antagonist compounds and lipid mobilization: evidence for a lipid mobilizing effect of oral yohimbine in healthy male volunteers. Eur J Clin Invest. 1988 Dec;18(6):587-94 [abstract]
Alpha 2-antagonist compounds and lipid mobilizatio...[Eur J Clin Invest. 1988] - PubMed Result
This is a quote of ParDeus in the context of Lipo-Y write-up. I don't have reference right now, but it is surely easy to find:
Another thing to be considered when using yohimbine is that insulin blunts its lipolytic effects. Because yohimbine is not reaching the pancreas in significant amounts as it would with oral administration, insulin levels will not be as high for a given amount of carbohydrates, but they will still be elevated. Thus, it should ideally be used on a low-carb/ketogenic diet, or at the very least, one should do moderate aerobic activity for an extended period first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If you have a known tolerance dose it about 30-60 mins prior. I have used up to 30mg because of a higher tolerance. Unfortunately, still, it creates considerable anxiety at that dose so it was not enjoyable. Try 10mg, or 20mg, and see what works.

It does have a cummulative effect, meaning that regular use for longer periods of time seem to provide regular benefits as opposed to an accute one time response with a higher dose. The vasodialtion is what is increasing the pleasure as well as the erectile function.

9. Carro-Juareza M, Rodriguez-Manzo G. Yohimbine reverses the exhaustion of the coital reflex in spinal male rats. Behav Brain Res. 2003 Apr 17;141(1):43-50 [abstract]
Yohimbine reverses the exhaustion of the coital re...[Behav Brain Res. 2003] - PubMed Result

10. Rodriguez-Manzo G, Fernandez-Guasti A. Participation of the central noradrenergic system in the reestablishment of copulatory behavior of sexually exhausted rats by yohimbine, naloxone, and 8-OH-DPAT. Brain Res Bull. 1995;38(4):399-404 [abstract]
Participation of the central noradrenergic system ...[Brain Res Bull. 1995] - PubMed Result

11. Tam SW, Worcel M, Wyllie M. Yohimbine: a clinical review. Pharmacol Ther. 2001 Sep;91(3):215-43
Yohimbine: a clinical review. [Pharmacol Ther. 2001] - PubMed Result

12. Meston CM, Worcel M. The effects of yohimbine plus L-arginine glutamate on sexual arousal in postmenopausal women with sexual arousal disorder. Arch Sex Behav. 2002 Aug;31(4):323-32 [abstract]
The effects of yohimbine plus L-arginine glutamate...[Arch Sex Behav. 2002] - PubMed Result

13. Guay AT, Spark RF, Jacobson J, Murray FT, Geisser ME. Yohimbine treatment of organic erectile dysfunction in a dose-escalation trial. Int J Impot Res. 2002 Feb;14(1):25-31
Yohimbine treatment of organic erectile dysfunctio...[Int J Impot Res. 2002] - PubMed Result
B5150 - I am so thankful to have you participate in matters of this type. You are an awesome resource.

Thank you, Beau

arizonanewbie

arizonanewbie

Awards
I was only aware of the vasodialative properties of Yohimbine. B5150's posts suggest that there are also lypolytic benefits. Is that the reason most people take it? How effective is it in lypolysis on a low-carb diet?

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very effective. Do some research on alpha 2 adrenoreceptors. It is the stuborn fat loss agent. Add some GTE and you are set.

Yohimbine works by blocking alpha(2) adrenoreceptors. There are a number of feedback mechanisms that prevent the release of norepinephrine (NE), one of the body's primary lipolytic hormones. When NE is released, such as in periods of stress or after taking a sympathomimetic (such as ephedrine), it stimulates both the alpha and beta adrenoreceptors. Stimulation of the beta adrenoreceptors causes the breakdown of fat while stimulating the alpha(2) adrenoreceptors has the opposite effect, preventing the release of NE and lipolysis. Yohimbine prevents this negative feedback mechanism, thus increasing NE release and lipolysis.

There are a number of reasons why alpha(2) inhibition is specifically useful. First, while the beta-adrenergic system primarily controls lipolysis during periods of intense activity, during rest, which makes up most of our day, the alpha-adrenergic system is in control (6, 7). Also, "stubborn fat" areas – usually the abdominal area in men and the glutofemoral area in women – contain a higher ratio of alpha(2) receptors (7), making yohimbine particularly effective in these areas (whereas other drugs that increase NE may be somewhat counterproductive). Finally, alpha(2) blockade increases blood flow in adipose tissue (7), which prevents fat from being retained in the area (8).

6. Arner P, Kriegholm E, Engfeldt P, Bolinder J. Adrenergic regulation of lipolysis in situ at rest and during exercise. J Clin Invest. 1990 Mar;85(3):893-8 [abstract]
Adrenergic regulation of lipolysis in situ at rest...[J Clin Invest. 1990] - PubMed Result

7. Millet L, Barbe P, Lafontan M, Berlan M, Galitzky J. Catecholamine effects on lipolysis and blood flow in human abdominal and femoral adipose tissue. J Appl Physiol. 1998 Jul;85(1):181-8
Catecholamine effects on lipolysis and blood flow in human abdominal and femoral adipose tissue -- Millet et al. 85 (1): 181 -- Journal of Applied Physiology

8. Galitzky J, Lafontan M, Nordenstrom J, Arner P. Role of vascular alpha-2 adrenoceptors in regulating lipid mobilization from human adipose tissue. J Clin Invest. 1993 May;91(5):1997-2003 [abstract]
Role of vascular alpha-2 adrenoceptors in regulati...[J Clin Invest. 1993] - PubMed Result

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very effective. Do some research on alpha 2 adrenoreceptors. It is the stuborn fat loss agent. Add some GTE and you are set.
Great info there B!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
NS...no sh1t? :)

GTF out of here :D

I got to go. Dinner calls.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
subscribed. Ive always used yohimbine, actually just got done a month of it at eight mg's , and it melts the fat right off me. I respond very nicely to this compound. Sides were lower at this dose so next time may try 15 mg's. Yohimbine is best used when going real low carb, like the last four weeks of a contest prep. i just used it because I had the opportunity and have had good experiences with it working with my body. On the other hand, caffeine alone doesn't seem to mix too well. (esp for longer periods)

Realize every body responds differently to different things. What works for one, doesn't always work for others, someone may not respond well too it. Its called body chemistry.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established

Whats the dose of GTE to include?

I have 50% EGCg it also says (98% total polyphenols, 80% total catechins). Is thats comparable to Nutra's green tea?

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here, let me learn you. You draw your conclusions as well as due some more research as needed. I have used this exact strategy (with the exception of ALCAR) by my own research and experimentation. All credit for this article is due the author. Links have been removed to respect board retailers and sponsors. Again, credit for the article is due the author. I just used it to support my research and understanding in a much more comprehensive manner.

In this article we will briefly look at some of the physiological factors controlling fat loss and then go over beneficial fat loss supplements. Find out what those are right here!

Stubborn Fat Stack - Making Your Trouble Areas Disappear

By: Derek Beast Charlebois

How many men find themselves relatively lean, but still having trouble getting that last little pinch (or grab!) off of their lower abs and love handles? And I know we've all known at least four or five women who swear that the only place they cannot lose fat is their butt and thighs. What gives?

Simply put some areas in the body have more receptors that block fat breakdown than receptors that increase fat breakdown. In men these areas are the lower abs and love handles; in women they are the thighs and butt.

In order to lose this last bit of stubborn fat you will have to diet and train more intensely. Sometimes that doesn't work or is just straight up not possible. This is where specific dietary supplements that target fat loss come into play. In this article we will briefly look at some of the physiological factors controlling fat loss and then go over beneficial fat loss supplement.

Norepinephrine & Adrenergic Receptors

Body fat storage is controlled by many different factors ranging from diet to hormones to receptor density. Of importance to this article is receptor density. Without diving to deep into the nerdy science stuff, a receptor can be looked at like a lock that a key (i.e. a hormone) fits into.

The term "adrenaline" is commonly used to refer to the body's excitatory catecholamines, Epinephrine (E) and Norepinephrine (NE), which are regulators of lipolysis (fat breakdown). NE and E acts on receptors called adrenergic receptors of which there are alpha (1 & 2) and beta (1, 2, & 3) subtypes.

Activation of the alpha1 and beta-receptors is lipolytic (causes fat breakdown) while activation of the alpha2 receptor is anti-lipolytic (blunts fat breakdown). Stubborn fat areas have a high density of alpha2 receptors, making it harder for fat breakdown to occur in that area.

In order to burn stubborn fat we must override the inhibitory effect of the alpha2 receptors (which will be discussed later). Now that we know the cause of stubborn fat areas we need to learn how to burn the fat!

Stored Triglycerides-Body Fat We Want To LOSE

While all cells contain some fat, it is mainly stored in muscle (intramuscular triglycerides) and in adipose tissue (body fat). Adipose tissue is the body's main fat storage site and the fat we all want to lose.

Adipose tissue is divided into individual cells called adipocytes. These adipocytes hold stored triglyceride (1 glycerol molecule bonded to 3 fatty acids) droplets, which serve as a source of energy for the body. These droplets make up 95% of adipocytes' volume. In order for this storage of potential energy (60,000-100,000 kcal) to be used and to LOSE BODY FAT (everyone's goal), it must be mobilized through lipolysis (the breakdown of triglycerides).

Lipolysis involves splitting the triglycerides into a glycerol molecule and 3 separate fatty acids (FFA). Once the fatty acids diffuse (exit) from the adipocytes, they bind to plasma albumin (a protein in the blood) in order to be transported to active tissues where they can be burned. In order to lose body fat, the fatty acids must be burned!

Transport Of FFA To Be Burned!

Blood flow is of prime importance to the transportation of FFA away from adipocytes and through the circulation to active tissues where they can be burned. This is especially important during exercise where energy requirements are heightened.

Low blood flow could cause the accumulation of FFA within adipose tissue resulting in less available FFA to be oxidized and a greater chance of FFA to be turned back into triglycerides. What is the best way to increase blood flow? Exercise! In addition to this certain supplements can also increase blood flow (more on this later). Increasing blood flow throughout the body will assist in losing weight by transporting FFA to where they can be burned.

FFA Oxidation-Burning Body Fat

When the FFAs reach muscle tissue, they are transported into a muscle cell. Once in the muscle cell, the FFAs can re-esterfy (rebind) with glycerol to form triglycerides to be stored in the muscle or bind with intramuscular proteins to be used for energy production in the mitochondria. In the mitochondria, the fatty acids undergo beta-oxidation, meaning they are burned for energy.

Mitochondria:

Mitochonidria: The spherical or elongated organelles in the cytoplasm of nearly all eukaryotic cells, containing genetic material and many enzymes important for cell metabolism, including those responsible for the conversion of food to usable energy. Also called chondriosome.

We want the FFAs to be burned in the mitochondria. Increasing energy demands through exercise is the best way to accomplish but there are supplements that can help give you an extra boost.

Summary Thus Far

• Stubborn fat areas are caused by a high density of Alpah2 receptors
  • Lipolysis must be increased in order for FFAs to be burned
  • Blood flow to adipose tissue and transportation of FFAs away from adipose tissue is vital to fat loss
  • FFAs must be BURNED to body fat loss to occur
  • Exercise is the best way to increase blood flow to adipose tissue, transportation of FFAs, and oxidation of FFAs
Supplements

Knowing these facts allows us to choose supplements that will assist in burning through stubborn fat. Let's look at some supplements that can help burn stubborn fat.

Yohimbine HCL:

Yohimbine is an alpha2 receptor antagonist (Kucio, 1991), which means it inhibits the action of the alpha2 receptor. By blocking the alpha2 receptor with Yohimbine, the negative feedback caused by NE binding to the alpha receptors is reduced and fatty acid liberation is increased.

Yohimbine has been shown to increase fat loss (Kucio, 1991) by increasing the amount of fat mobilization and oxidation (Berlan, 1991) and blood flow to adipose tissue due to alpha2 antagonism (Galitzky, 1993). So Yohimbine addresses two of the stubborn fat issues we are trying to correct: alpha2 receptor action and blood flow.

Caffeine:

Caffeine, a plant alkaloid belonging to the drug class methylxanthines and is found in natural sources such as coffee beans, tea leaves, cocoa beans, and other plants, is the world's most widely used stimulant. Caffeine is a Central Nervous System (CNS) stimulant shown to delay fatigue and improve cognitive performance.

Caffeine acts as an adenosine receptor antagonist. Adenosine decreases the release of stimulatory/excitatory neurotransmitters (i.e. norepinephrine [NE]). Therefore, blocking the adenosine receptor allows a greater excitation to occur by increasing NE's ability to activate the adrenergic receptors.

Caffeine inhibits phosphodiesterase (PDE), causing a build-up of cAMP levels and greater effect of NE on fatty acid lipolysis. PDE blunts lipolysis; therefore inhibiting PDE allows lipolysis to proceed at an accelerated rate. The end result is there are more fatty acids available for oxidation after consumption of caffeine. Caffeine addresses the need to increase fat lipolysis so that FFAs can be burned and body fat can be lost.

ALCAR:

The amino acid L-Carnitine plays a vital role in energy metabolism, specifically the transport of fatty acids into mitochondria where they can be burned. ALCAR is the acetylated form of carnitine and is the most popular form of supplemental carnitine.

ALCAR is a potent antioxidant shown to have anti-aging, cardio-protective, cognitive enhancing, and adaptogen properties. ALCAR increases exercise performance by increasing fat oxidation (Hongu, 2003). ALCAR is believed to increase the transportation of FFAs into the mitochondria where they can be burned..

Green Tea Extract:

The active in green tea is EGCG. EGCG has thermogenic effects and has been shown to assist in weight loss by decreasing dietary fat absorption, appetite suppression, and catechol-O-methyl-transferase (COMT) inhibition. COMT is involved in the breakdown of catecholamines (i.e. NE).

Green Tea:

Health Benefits Of Drinking Tea. - By Fawnia Mondey
Clayton's Health Facts: Green Tea. - By Clayton South
The Facts On Green Tea! - By NHnutrition.com
Other Green Tea Articles...

By inhibiting COMT, NE breakdown is slowed and it is able to activate the adrenergic receptors to a greater degree and enhance lipolysis. Green tea extract increases lipolysis, making more FFAs available to be burned.

Sesamin:

Sesamin is a lignan isolated from sesame seeds. A lignan is a molecule that combines with another entity acting as an "activator." In the case of sesamin, it binds to and activates a receptor called Peroxisome Proliferator-Activator Receptor Alpha (PPARalpha). Sesamin has been shown to be a potent PPARalpha activator (Ide, 2003).

The PPAR receptor family is divided into three subgroups: alpha, beta/delta, and gamma. PPARalpha is highly expressed in muscle, the liver, kidneys, and heart and is involved in the regulation of fat metabolism. Activation of PPARalpha increases gene expression of the fatty acid oxidation enzymes and decreases gene expression of lipogenic enzymes. So Sesamin works in two ways to make you lean (and keep you lean): increasing fat oxidation and decreasing fat storage.

Supplement Summary

• Yohimbine blocks Alpha2 activation allowing for greater fat breakdown to occur and also increase blood flow to adipose tissue, making it perfect for targeting stubborn fat.
  • Caffeine increase lipolysis by inhibiting the Adenosine receptor and PDE and also increases energy and delays fatigue.
  • ALCAR increases the transportation of FFAs into the mitochondria and enhances fat oxidation.
  • Green Tea Extract inhibits COMT thereby increasing lipolysis.
  • Sesamin increases the genes involved in fat oxidation, increasing one's capacity to burn fat and also decreases fat storage.
The combination of Yohimbine+Caffeine+ALCAR+Green Tea Extract+Sesamin would make for the PERFECT Stubborn Fat Stack.

Now that we know what supplements work, we need to know how much and when we need to take these supplements. Stubborn Fat Stack Part II will lay out example supplement stacks and dosages for both men and women.

Choosing Your Supplements

When trying to create the Stubborn Fat Stack you could either try to find products with all the desired ingredients in them or buy single ingredient products. One good thing about single ingredient products is your can vary your dosage depending on how you respond. Bodybuilding.com carries all of the supplements we want in single ingredient products. Let's go over the dosages of each ingredient.

• Yohimbine = 2.5-10 mg 2X per day
  • Caffeine = 100-200 mg 2X per day
  • ALCAR = 500-2000 mg 2X per day
  • Green Tea Extract = 250-500 mg 2X per day
  • Sesamin = 1500 mg spread throughout the day
Now that we know how much we need to take, let's set up some schedules.

Dosage Schedule #1
For Women Or Men Who Have Little Experience With Stimulants

Schedule For An AM Workout:

Upon Waking (6 AM)

• 2.5 mg Yohimbine
  • 100 mg Caffeine
  • 500 mg ALCAR
  • 500 mg Green Tea Extract
[Workout]

Meal 1 (8 AM)

• 500 mg Sesamin
Meal 2 (11 AM)

Meal 3 (2 PM)

• 500 mg Sesamin
Mid-Afternoon (6-8 Hours After Workout)

• 2.5 mg Yohimbine
  • 100 mg Caffeine
  • 500 mg ALCAR
Meal 4 (5 PM)

Meal 5 (8 PM)

• 500 mg Sesamin
Schedule For An PM Workout:

Upon Waking (6 AM)

• 2.5 mg Yohimbine
  • 100 mg Caffeine
  • 500 mg ALCAR
Meal 1 (8 AM)

• 500 mg Sesamin
Meal 3 (2 PM)

• 500 mg Sesamin
Pre-Workout (4 PM)

• 2.5 mg Yohimbine
  • 100 mg Caffeine
  • 500 mg ALCAR
Meal 4 (6 PM)

Meal 5 (9 PM)

• 500 mg Sesamin
Dosage Schedule #2
For Men Or Women Who Have Experience With Stimulants

Schedule For An AM Workout:

Upon Waking (6 AM)

• 5 mg Yohimbine
  • 200 mg Caffeine
  • 1000 mg ALCAR
[Workout]

Meal 1 (8 AM)

• 500 mg Sesamin
Meal 2 (11 AM)

Meal 3 (2 PM)

• 500 mg Sesamin
Mid-Afternoon (6-8 Hours After Workout)

• 5 mg Yohimbine
  • 200 mg Caffeine
  • 1000 mg ALCAR
Meal 4 (5 PM)

Meal 5 (8 PM)

• 500 mg Sesamin
Schedule For An PM Workout:

Upon Waking (6 AM)

• 5 mg Yohimbine
  • 200 mg Caffeine
  • 1000 mg ALCAR
Meal 1 (8 AM)

• 500 mg Sesamin
Meal 3 (2 PM)

• 500 mg Sesamin
Pre-Workout (4 PM)

• 5 mg Yohimbine
  • 200 mg Caffeine
  • 1000 mg ALCAR
Meal 4 (6 PM)

Meal 5 (9 PM)

• 500 mg Sesamin
About The Author:

Derek "The Beast" Charlebois is an ACE certified personal trainer, competitive bodybuilder, and holds a Bachelor's degree in Exercise Science from The University of Michigan.

References:

1. Berlan M, Galitzky J, Riviere D, Foureau M, Tran MA, Flores R, Louvet JP, Houin G, Lafontan M. Plasma catecholamine levels and lipid mobilization induced by yohimbine in obese and non-obese women. Int J Obes. 1991 May;15(5):305-15

2. Galitzky J, Lafontan M, Nordenstrom J, Arner P. Role of vascular alpha-2 adrenoceptors in regulating lipid mobilization from human adipose tissue. J Clin Invest. 1993 May;91(5):1997-2003

3. Hongu N, Sachan DS. Carnitine and choline supplementation with exercise alter carnitine profiles, biochemical markers of fat metabolism and serum leptin concentration in healthy women. J Nutr 2003 Jan;133(1):84-9

4. Ide T., et al. 2003. Sesamin, a Sesame Lignan, as a Potent Lipid-Lowering Food Component. JARQ 37 (3), 151 - 158.

5. Kucio C, Jonderko K, Piskorska D. Does yohimbine act as a slimming drug? Isr J Med Sci. 1991 Oct;27(10):550-6

Inthered45

Awards
B5150, How do you feel about PLCAR compared to ALCAR for effects in assisting fat burning?

tallbikerguy

Awards
B5150, that's a great article you just posted there. Props to you man! I just started taking the Yohies, two caps twice daily yesterday, and today I already went to 3 caps twice daily. I am thinking of staying on 3 twice daily for 3 more days then jump on 4 twice daily til I run out.

In the morning, I get up at 6 and take them right away, but I eat breakfast like half an hour later only, so I hope I am not killing it.

I am fine in the afternoon, as I take them at 6 and eat around 8.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
B5150, How do you feel about PLCAR compared to ALCAR for effects in assisting fat burning?
I have used this exact strategy (with the exception of ALCAR) by my own research and experimentation.
I don't know what PLCAR is or it's proprotred benefits above or beyond ALCAR. As I mentioned I did not use ALCAR.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
B5150, that's a great article you just posted there. Props to you man! I just started taking the Yohies, two caps twice daily yesterday, and today I already went to 3 caps twice daily. I am thinking of staying on 3 twice daily for 3 more days then jump on 4 twice daily til I run out.

In the morning, I get up at 6 and take them right away, but I eat breakfast like half an hour later only, so I hope I am not killing it.

I am fine in the afternoon, as I take them at 6 and eat around 8.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks
The only piece of advice I will give people is to become a researcher in the truest sense.

As I ststed and the research supports is that insulin blunts the lyposis. If you are having a low to no carb meal you may get away with it. Otherwise only you can make the decision on what to do. I personally always used Y at least 2 hours before a meals and used it on an empty stomach as much as possible and most specifically empty stomach cardio.

As stated by futurepilot and supported by the refewrences, Y has a longer half life so maybe you could get away with dosing fewer times at a higher dose. This may allow for more empty stomach opportunity. Be aware that higher doses can cause sides mentioned above.

Additionally, as I stated, I cannot take credit for the article but am evidence that one can educate themeslves quite well with research. Derek Beast Charlebois' credential far far exceed mine yet I knew what to use as key words to find the references for what I already self taught. His article just happen to be the number two hit on a google search whiched saved me a ton of effort putting up what I wnted to piece by piece.

Maybe I need to consider a profession ;)

tallbikerguy

Awards
My breakfast usually consists of a PBJ sandwich and a glass of 2% milk.

The bread is 100% whole wheat with 24 g of fiber per slice

The PB is the natural one

and I use the strawberry preserves Jam from Winn Dixie.