New to Stacking/Supplements

austink3417

austink3417

Awards
  • Established
I am 27 and although not new to working out, i am pretty clueless when it comes to supplements. I get the basics for the most part like what each category of supplement is supposed to do but not really the best way to stack them. I am currently using LG's stack of Methyl 1-D, Liquid Masterdrol, and I-GH-1. I am also using Receptor (as i heard it would magnify everything) and Slin, both from LG. These are working pretty good and I am two weeks into them. About a week into them, I decided to buy NX Labs', Ripped stack which on the label is pretty self explanatory. Should I have waited until being done with the LG stack to have started the Ripped stack? Are these two in any way canceling each other out. I am reading more and more and seeing stuff about "mini-cuts" and realize I don't know what the hell I'm doing. Are you supposed to bulk up, cut, bulk up a little more, and so on till you get to your ideal body? If anyone could fill me in I would appreciate it. Oh, and if there are better stacks both for lean muscle and cutting fat.

gibsonj4

gibsonj4

Awards
  • Established
Stay away from NXlabs their stuff is junk.

What are your goals? Do you wanna build muscle? Gain a lot of size? Cut down? Before making supplement choices, it's always a good idea to get your diet and workout plan in order. Supplments are exactyly that: supplements. Supplments shouldn't be the foundation of your goal or lifting. A good diet, hard-work and a good workout should be in order first.

Some supplements that helped me when i was starting:
BSN's NOxplode and Cellmass
ON Whey Protein

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
These bulks/cuts you speak of could be because of two things in my opinion: people in professional bodybuilding/'modeling' bodybuilding. You can bulk during the off season, and then really cut down before season to look your best (hard muscles, definition, etc).

Another reason is when using a compound (pro hormone or steroids) that is a "wet" compound (a compound that can aromatizes into estrogen and will cause bloat and water retention while on cycle), then cutting after the cycle in order to lose the body fat/bloat/water weight that was gained while on the wet compound). This can be almost completely avoided by using AI's, or just using non-aromatizable pro hormones or steroids. Some pro hormones that can help with a cut, lean out, and doesn't aromatize that I can think of off the top of my head are h-drol (oral turinabol), and epistane (methylated epitiostanol)

austink3417

austink3417

Awards
  • Established
I understand eating right and working out are the foundation and supplements are just to help. Like I said, I have always been active with sports and try to eat for the most part healthy. My questions were about stacking and pretty much which stacks/supplements were the best or that have worked for other people, and which ones were crap. I am starting to take working out a little more serious and that is how I ended up here asking questions

dexterium

dexterium

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
lean muscle and getting cut = Anabolic Pump because it directs carbohydrates to muscles and away from fat. Insane pumps and a lot of energy and endurance, too.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
lets just say you got GNC'd up haha. actually LG makes some decent products though. depending on what your diet looks like would depend on my recommendation to you on what you should take

austink3417

austink3417

Awards
  • Established
lets just say you got GNC'd up haha. actually LG makes some decent products though. depending on what your diet looks like would depend on my recommendation to you on what you should take
my diet is pretty good but by no means strict. i'm 5'10 and 225, naturally just big i guess you would say.....wide shoulders, big legs...i would like to get the leaner muscle look and opposed to just looking like i work out, don't know if this makes any sense or if you can help me out with suggestions with supplements/workout

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
The key to supplementation is research,research, and after that research. And this is a great forum to get advice on, some of these guys are geniuses at making their bodies do what they want them to. But they are genius in that they reconize when to stop, what is safe for them, and what to watch out for. And they usually dont fall for over advertized gimmicks.

Before taking supps, like stated above, have the diet for what you want to do. Bulk/cut/etc. Bulking and cutting kinda depend on the effect you want. Bulk you usually gain more strength size, and cut of course your going to lose weight, and sometimes muscle in the process, but also you can lose strength. But you look dang sexy with all those detailed muscles :dance:

Dont take too many at once either IMO.

Rules I have learned from AM:

Stay away from GNC

Dont take muscle tech

When in doubt, dont start anything, ask for guidance

Research the field of Supps your going to be using(stim/ph/deutr/etc)

Research the supps ur looking at, look for reviews/logs on the boards

Make sure you have a good diet and workout program

If something feels wrong, seek medical help. It is not worth gaining 15 pounds of muscle in a month if you blow an artery in the process....

Dont trust a single persons opinion on something, they could just be a fanboy. Though many people on AM ive seen are straight up no matter their allegiance so thats not too big an isue here.

Basics should be multivitamin, protien shakes a a supp to your meals(as in still eat, add in the shakes)

And most of all for results, Tear the Iron UP at the Gym. As in make every one around you think you are related to the hulk, and you are having a fit of rage against all things held down by gravity!!!!:aargh:

Thats my two cents.....maybe that was three actually....

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
The freak in that picture(avatar) is one of those people i talked about who know what they are doing:hammer: see the proof!

Texas is always a source of info since i been on the boards.

I mean freak by all means to be a complete compliment :)

austink3417

austink3417

Awards
  • Established
The key to supplementation is research,research, and after that research. And this is a great forum to get advice on, some of these guys are geniuses at making their bodies do what they want them to. But they are genius in that they reconize when to stop, what is safe for them, and what to watch out for. And they usually dont fall for over advertized gimmicks.

Before taking supps, like stated above, have the diet for what you want to do. Bulk/cut/etc. Bulking and cutting kinda depend on the effect you want. Bulk you usually gain more strength size, and cut of course your going to lose weight, and sometimes muscle in the process, but also you can lose strength. But you look dang sexy with all those detailed muscles :dance:

Dont take too many at once either IMO.

Rules I have learned from AM:

Stay away from GNC

Dont take muscle tech

When in doubt, dont start anything, ask for guidance

Research the field of Supps your going to be using(stim/ph/deutr/etc)

Research the supps ur looking at, look for reviews/logs on the boards

Make sure you have a good diet and workout program

If something feels wrong, seek medical help. It is not worth gaining 15 pounds of muscle in a month if you blow an artery in the process....

Dont trust a single persons opinion on something, they could just be a fanboy. Though many people on AM ive seen are straight up no matter their allegiance so thats not too big an isue here.

Basics should be multivitamin, protien shakes a a supp to your meals(as in still eat, add in the shakes)

And most of all for results, Tear the Iron UP at the Gym. As in make every one around you think you are related to the hulk, and you are having a fit of rage against all things held down by gravity!!!!:aargh:

Thats my two cents.....maybe that was three actually....
The more I read, the more I realize what a novice I am. Can you explain what IMO is?

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
The more I read, the more I realize what a novice I am. Can you explain what IMO is?
IMO=In My Opinion :dance:

It is good to ask about any abrreviations you see when it comes to supps.

you will see things like

PH=Pro Hormones(a step down from steroids, safer and legal but still carries risks)

AAS=anabolid androgenic steroids(in my opinion never use them....just bad for you...picture a bald man with boobies)

AI=Aromatose inhibiter(used with AAS or PH to keep you from getting man boobies! as well as other sides)

PCT=Post Cycle therapy(used after a PH or an AAS to help restore you body to normal, restore natural testosterone and all. Also helps you keep some of the gaines)

There are also things likse abbreviated stacks like E/C/A stack which is ephedrine/caffien/asprine stack.

There are many more you will see, for both techniques and names of stacks/supps/ catagories.

Just look really hard before you jump the gun on something. And never buy anything because of an ad, especially in the bodybuilding and health magazines.

There is no such thing as a dumb question. When it comes to putting things in your body, know what it is and what it does, and what it requires.