How do I take these in order?

propel29

Awards
Protein
N.O
Creatine
MV & Fish Oil

Kind of new to working out, want to know when to take the supplements above. Also is there a purpose to be taking any weight gainer? I am not to familiar with the stuff, friends have told me that you dont need both weight gainer and protein shake. Take one or the other? This true? If so, what is the better option?

Thanks

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Protein
N.O
Creatine
MV & Fish Oil

Kind of new to working out, want to know when to take the supplements above. Also is there a purpose to be taking any weight gainer? I am not to familiar with the stuff, friends have told me that you dont need both weight gainer and protein shake. Take one or the other? This true? If so, what is the better option?

Thanks
It all depends on your schedule for the most part. Your MV should be once in the morning and once in the afternoone (breakfast and dinner)and the same would go for fish oil. For creatine I use Kre-Alkyline, So i take it pre work out and post workout. N.O. Would be used before your workout to get you pumped, if I interpreted it correctly for what it is lol.

Protien is kind of like a science. I take it in the morning, mid-day, Post work out, and before bed. That is to get all i Need and try to keep my body anabolic as much as possible lol.

As for gainer, you could very well used both. Becaue gainer is for bulking, it can have a good 1000 calories in it. Now add in the normal food and one gainer drink a day can put you at your cal goal, but not your protien goal. So I would use a gainer as needed to reach what you need to gian muscle, and protien shakes to make up for whatever protien the gainer and your meats,nuts, and other foods cant give. So 2 protien shakes that have 320 calories in them and 32 grams of protien, plus a gianer that has 1000 cals and 64 grams of proten puts you at 128 grams of protein and 1640 cals... just in drinks alone. Add in your meals and its not hard to hit 3000 cals a day.... So it depends.

To gain muscle you should get, as everyone says as far as I know, 1.5-2 grams of protien per pound of bodyweight a day.

Starting out, I would just start with basic protien until you are kinda fit, and once you reach a good comfortable level you could use gainer and try to increase your frame size.

More cals, mean alot of Fat if you dont burn it off.

Also a hint about fish oil, if you are going to be using gels put them in the fridge... They will give you some nasty burps, but if you keep them cold...they dont.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
=) Thanks for the quick long response.
Lol....thats the short response my friend lol. It gets much deeper. I am happy to hear you are getting into lifting, also it is like a science and will require research and patience. There is alot to learn.

It is a pleasure to experience though. Any more questions ask, the people here are freaking geniuses at this stuff. I have only been lifting since Jan this year. These guys have years of knowledge.