Difference between R ALA and ALA? And compared to AP

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What is the difference between the effects of R ALA and ALA?

Also for ppl who have taken both R ALA/ALA and AP (or YG) how do you compare them as far as nutrition partitioning go?

Thanks

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
What is the difference between the effects of R ALA and ALA?
For nutrient repartitioning, the effects should be relatively the same. Regular ALA is a mixture of r-ala and s-ala while r-ala is specifically that. It is r-ala that has the effects on glucose disposal, making the pure r-ala simply more potent. Thus, higher doses of regular ala should yield the same results as r-ala.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love r-ala even on a lower carb diet (TKD, CKD, whatev). I've only used AP on bulks and although it seemed to work well I cant always justify the cost over cheap ole r-ala.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For nutrient repartitioning, the effects should be relatively the same. Regular ALA is a mixture of r-ala and s-ala while r-ala is specifically that. It is r-ala that has the effects on glucose disposal, making the pure r-ala simply more potent. Thus, higher doses of regular ala should yield the same results as r-ala.

So say for the np ala, how much would u have to take to get the equivelant dose of 100mg r ala? (seems like r ala is dosed at 100mg usually?)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So say for the np ala, how much would u have to take to get the equivelant dose of 100mg r ala? (seems like r ala is dosed at 100mg usually?)
Given the racemic nature of ALA, 100mg would contain 50mg of each isomer...so you would need 200mg of regular ALA.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
To make things easier for you, NutraCaps of Na-R-ALA will be coming out with 143mg/cap :)
Sorry I don't have an exact ETA on it though.

Damn...if they were 144mg/cap I would totally buy them.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
ALA, and its conjugated derivatives, work (in terms of nutrient repartitioning) exclusively via the Insulin pathway of glucose homeostasis. Anabolic Pump's ingredients, on the other hand, regulate energy metabolism as a whole, through several regulatory factors. Not much of a comparison, though obviously I am bias.