Ayurveda for Hyperthyroidism

lbarber

lbarber

Awards
  • Established
I haven't done any blood tests to confirm this... It actually just occurred to me in another thread I had posted in. But it makes perfect sense, considering my past and the progression of my symptoms over the years... Which I've been doing my best to correct through supplementation/nutrition...

I don't have any medical insurance, but I'm assuming blood test shouldn't cost too much hopefully...

But any who, I am a big fan of natural treatments... That's just the way I am and will always be. I am VERY stubborn when it comes to this. But does anyone know any herbs I could possibly look into. Note, I use a lot of supplements and when I say a lot, I mean a lot for various reasons...

UN Centrophenoxine (1-2 caps w/f)
UN L-Huperzine A (2 caps w/f)
UN Piracetam (2 caps x...) depends...
UN Oxiracetam (1 cap when needed)
UN Pyritinol (1-2 caps)
UN L-Theanine (1 cap)
LEF Vinpocetine (10-20 mgs w/f)
NOW Ashwagandha (1 cap, when needed)
USPlabs Powerfull (1 cap pre-bed, when needed)
USPlabs Anabolic-Pump (1-3 caps pre-meals)
USPlabs Cissus RX (5 %, 2 pre-workout, 2 post-workout)
USPlabs P-Slin (1 cap pre-workout)
Source Naturals Alpha GPC (1 cap pre-bed)
Jarrows CitiColine (1-2 caps, 1 cap taken pre-workout)
MAN Sports Clout (1-2 servings daily)
NP ALCAR (varies)
LEF Super Bio-Curcumin (1 cap w/o days, 1-2 caps off days)
Biotest Super Foods (1 serving 3-4 times a week)
Garden Of Life Primal Defense (1 cap when needed)
Enzymedica Digest Gold (1 cap pre-meals)

Green Pastures Fermented Cod liver Oil (1-2 tsp daily)
Green Pastures High Vitamin Butter Oil (1 tsp daily)

Himalaya Herbal Neem (seed) dried water extract: 2x2
LEF Apolactoferrin (300-1200 mgs)
Mass Fx (1 cap 3-4 times a day)
Ebol (1-2 caps pre-meals, varies)

GF Pro Cherry V1

W/O... 2/3 cup HRS, 24 grams of peptopro...

I supplement some of this stuff monday-friday and take off on the weekends... Some of them I take when I feel I need them... Like pre-sleep...

I just started taking the mass fx/ebol/apolactoferrin/neem...

The mass fx/ebol help me gain weight, considering the more I eat, the faster my metabolism gets... Thus I end up sweating more...

I also deal with a lot sleep problems... I've dealt with that throughout my entire life. I feel fatigued at times for no reason at all... I deal with a s*** load of anxiety which has gotten progressively worse over the years... I have a hard time concentrating during the certain parts of the day... I'm sensitive to heat changes and lighting...

Pretty much I deal with a lot psychological/physical stuff... I never go out... I went awhile without lifting due my anxiety/skin problem, which I am extremely self conscious about... But since I've managed to correct that through some of my supplementation which I started adding in at the beginning of May, I started hitting the gym up again this past week without losing any strength, but in fact, have gained strength... I did lift periodically while at home, though. Fast twitch muscle fibers for the win... Any who...

My head used to itch like crazy and my scalp felt really dry and tight for a while... But I've managed to correct this since using DS Labs Revita Hair Growth Stimulating Shampoo... Since I noticed my hair seemed to be thinning, thus I quickly looked for a solution... And found one in the shampoo... Now, I do not deal with that problem any more...

Then there was the skin problem... Hormones likely play a key role, hence why I also use some of my supplements listed above as well as Charak Skinelle cream (ayurveda) and himalaya herbal acne and pimple cream... Thus now, I have fixed that problem for the most part...

I feel pretty great right now, considering I had at one point isolated myself in a room for a week...

I like being able to fix my own problems through my own experiences... Because, I've had some good success in doing that and I like using the supplements I have listed above... Some of them I just started, others I have used for a long a** time and have cycled... And pretty much, I'm a stubborn guy when it comes to that aspect...

But any who, I am going to try and get some blood tests done later this week and will report back in June with the results... Although I am an extremely certain in the fact that I have an overactive thyroid and have had one for a number of years!

But for now, I would like to hear any suggestion for any ayurveda herbs that are available that may help. I have already begun searching...

Edit: Also, I have already done the experiment in which I stopped most of my supplementation... That did not help... It just made me feel worse, hence why I started taking some of my supplements again...

Other note:

5'10, low 140's... This seems to be the weight I always stay at. But I am aware that due to my own personal problems, progress has been greatly hampered over the years... Although, I do feel I am coming closer to fixing the problem I have been dealing with for a really long time...

Box Squatted 225 for multiple sets in April... First time I did the exercise... And then I had a really bad 30 days from april 16-may 16... Lost weight, dropped down to low 130's... Lifted periodically throughout this 30 days... Did not do any squats, though, except one time I did front squats here at my house...

Started being consistent again earlier this week and plan to be... Box squatted 255 5-6 reps on wednesday morning... Box squatted 285 yesterday morning for 4 total reps... And then box front squatted 205 for 5-6 reps after I did regular box squats... I sit down for 2-3 seconds... My strength doesn't seem to be effected by any of this, and I plan to hit a 400 lb box squat soon, I hope... I'm going for 305 lbs later this week and 225 for box front squats tomorrow morning... I guess I just added this in due to the fact I do not want people to think I'm weak, considering I'm very light... And expect to hear questions regarding my caloric intake/food choices... Which I limit due to some sort of eating disorder I've developed from all the gastrointestinal problems I used to deal with for a long time... Thus I only eat foods I know my body will not have a hard time digesting... Thus I do not eat refined, processed foods...

Last edited:
CarterMalone

CarterMalone

Awards
Ayurveda doesn't usually start with a rasayana(rejuvinative) ie.( in your case supplementation) , It first starts with diagnosis, then Panchakarma(cleansing). Check your eyes, tongue, pulse, nails, stool in with the ayurvedic systems and discover your imbalance of which organs. You could have Ama in the intestine giving you acne and making it difficult to gain weight. Or you could have imbalanced prana where at nasya may be benificial. Or perhaps your Ojas is weak.

But to truely use ayurveda for your condition (sounds to me like excess vata) would be to start with panchakarma to remove aggravated vata, and follow with rasayana to balance and strengthen. I could give you some advise on where to start like Dashamalu Basti once for 3 days only hold in for max. 20-30 mins, then Sesame oil Basti once for 4 days, can hold from 1 hour to 24 hours. Then after that process Rasayana such as Ashwagandha taken with Ghee and or Honey and lots of fluid and Triphala (this will help your stomach immensely) to balance your Doshas. Take Ashwagandha morning and night, and Triphala before dinner. Diet should be light and healthy (no wheat, sugar), and as you move on into Rasayana you can make it heavier (oily,dense,warm foods).

But you would need to know exactly how to do this properly, because usually one stays in the care of the ayurvedic practitioner for about 24 days and does exactly as they say. diet and everything. So that means none of your supplements. So dont do this unless your willing to give up everything.

Ayurveda is all about truly healing and balance your entire system via the core.

lbarber

lbarber

Awards
  • Established
Unfortunately there are no Ayurveda practitioners here in Alaska... At least not here in Anchorage.

I made a similar thread over at bb.com, although I added in a bit more info in regards to some of the symptoms I have experienced over the years and/or continue to deal with it on a daily basis...

From a psychological stand point and considering I'm a male, it's bit difficult at times expressing how I feel, seeing how one wouldn't necessarily associate guys with having to deal with excessive skin blushing, hot flashes, tremors, etc...

Before I do anything too radical, I'm going to make an attempt to get blood tests done, although my parents tell me I'm screwed...

I did politely ask them to research hyperthyroidism, though, so hopefully they have a change of heart and am willing to help me out.

I should have come to this conclusion sooner and set up an appointment with an endocrinologist back when I had health insurance and a job.

But sometimes, you just have to learn to deal with things the hard way. I'll update this thread when I find out more info in regards to my situation. Although I am not going to take any prescription medications... I guess I made this thread in order to possibly hear feedback from others whom have dealt with a situation similar to mine and what they have done to help treat themselves... It's difficult when you feel no one understands what you're going through in real life. I've come a long ways, but I still have a ways to go...

Thank you for responding to my thread, CarterMalone, and providing insight on Ayurveda. I appreciate it.

Frank