What's the most accurate way to measure bodyfat% at home?
- 05-21-2008, 11:07 AM
- 05-21-2008, 11:09 AMBoard Moderator
- 5'10" 205 lbs.
- Join Date
- Jun 2007
- Rep Power
calipers are your most accurate home available test. There are water devices, and an air device
that are near 100% accuracy, but its a good $40+ to get tested.This space for rent
Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
- 05-21-2008, 11:59 AM
IMO home tests are pretty uneliable as far as true body fat. If take them for what there worth there valuable in that you can still compare results however skewed they are.
BF% is just a number (I know its a big factor of progress though). I prefer to just go by the mirror (most important to me) and tape measurements.
05-21-2008, 12:19 PM
1) Get naked
2) Stand in front of full length mirror
3) Realize you are fat
05-21-2008, 12:25 PM
If you want to track your progress then precision is more important than accuracy (precision being the repeatability of measurment, accuracy being how "true" the number is). Body fat scales may not be the most accurate but they can be pretty precise provided you measure yourself under the same conditions each day. Calipers are ok, but can be time consuming to take enough points to be meaningful and are subject to user bias (you want your fat to be lower so your squeeze the calipers a little more than you should or you keep retesting to get a lower number).
05-21-2008, 12:34 PM
05-22-2008, 09:25 AM
take progress picutres and measurements.
05-22-2008, 09:26 AM
just guess. between 10-15% is always plausible but make sure they don't ask for pics
05-22-2008, 09:57 AM
ive found the army tape method to be nearly identical to bioelectric impedance testing.
Similar Forum Threads
- By the tiger in forum Cycle InfoReplies: 2Last Post: 05-05-2010, 04:02 PM
- By boggs67ss in forum Weight LossReplies: 2Last Post: 02-18-2009, 03:43 PM
- By Tyler1 in forum General ChatReplies: 19Last Post: 12-14-2008, 02:05 PM
- By ChildrenX in forum Weight LossReplies: 3Last Post: 04-16-2007, 03:46 AM
- By BigVrunga in forum Weight LossReplies: 25Last Post: 05-24-2006, 03:48 PM