caffeine

nd22121

Awards
lately i have been taking 2 250mg caffeine pills tuesday and thursday mornings to stay awake in my classes. now i know it is a stimulant and many people use it as a pre-workout booster, and it just so happens that i went to lift in the morning after taking it due to class cancellation and loved the workout. my question is, is it safe to consume 500mg on my workout days without having any adverse affects on my health. i looked caffeine side effects on the net and know a lot of them, but i was looking for some first hand experience as well to give me an opinion.

thanks

Jsherbro

Jsherbro

Awards
I've been taking atleast 300mg per day...workout or not....dont ask particularly why, i just do. It will definitely put your body in a state of thermogenesis so make sure you're eating plenty of calories or you'll start losing muscle, but other than that you should be fine!

let me know if you have any questions

also...what kind of caffeine are you taking?

nd22121

Awards
alright thank you. i will have to up my calories cause i was trying something with my diet but i dont know if it will work if the caffeine will start burning muscle. i'm just taking a generic walgreens or cvs brand(forget which store). why does it matter what kind i take?

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
i don't think it should matter what brand of caffine you use.
i love caffine!

i have to throw in a shameless plug for nutraplanets caffine tabs since they are such a great deal. 100 - 200mg/per tab for just $3.75

eatingisfun

eatingisfun

Awards
  • Established
After a while you will start to need more to get the same effect. Once you start getting up high you are stressing your central nervous system. I think it's ok for a while but I wouldn't want to be taking tons of caffeine for extended periods of time.

nd22121

Awards
yeah thats what i was afraid of. getting resistant to the effects and have to take more. i will have to watch that and make sure that once i no longer feel the effects at 500mg to stop for awhile to build up sensititvity to it again.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I think caffeine has it's purposes, but in the long run... you'll inevitably burnout.

If you use it constantly that is. Before you know it, you can't function without it.

Last edited:

jspillane08

Awards
500 mg is alot thats about 5 cups of coffee. The larger problem is that you are going to need 600 or 700 in a month because your receptors will not be the same. You are traveling down a rocky road with this type of caffeine use. Not to mention if you want to take any supplements containing caffeine they most likley will not be effective. My advice would be to get enought vitamins, rest and water and not take any caffeine for 3 weeks or a month. This should reset your tolerance a little bit then strive for about 250-350 mg perday max.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Reset ad is something you may want to look into if you have a high tollerance to caffine (which it sounds like you do). i bought 3 bottles of RPM and used Reset AD after the second, did the trick

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
500 mg is alot thats about 5 cups of coffee. The larger problem is that you are going to need 600 or 700 in a month because your receptors will not be the same. You are traveling down a rocky road with this type of caffeine use. Not to mention if you want to take any supplements containing caffeine they most likley will not be effective. My advice would be to get enought vitamins, rest and water and not take any caffeine for 3 weeks or a month. This should reset your tolerance a little bit then strive for about 250-350 mg perday max.
Without amino acid therapy, one month won't do jack. If you just come off of stims with nothing at your side, you'll rebound pretty bad. Reset AD is good for nourishing adrenals, but what about the depleted brain chemistry? Tyrosine, DL-Phenylalanine, and taurine may be of great help to you.

arjun4

arjun4

Awards
500 mg is alot thats about 5 cups of coffee.

the old 100mg per cup adage is not very accurate in the real world.

#1) no one serves or drinks 8oz cups
#2) the degree of roasting changes the caffeine content.

the average coffee mug / medium coffee from a shop is a 16oz, and running in the 300mg range.