DHEA article

bigzach1234

bigzach1234

Awards
  • Established
does dhea effect libido.. i have heard if im having some trouble.. dhea could boost test levels

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
In a study exploring DHEA-replacement therapy as a weight loss technique, researchers gave test animals large doses of both DHEA and the drug fenfluramine. According to Dr. Ray Sahelian's DHEA: A Practical Guide, "Even a hot fudge sundae with fresh bananas and dark chocolate syrup couldn't get [the test animals] interested." If you're like most sweet-toothed adults, you probably can't imagine not being interested in a hot fudge sundae. You're probably thinking, "There's something that can make me not interested in a hot fudge sundae? Give me some of that!" But if your taste buds haven't entirely taken over your mind, you might also be asking whether animals would normally be interested in a hot fudge sundae. Unlike the researchers, you might conclude that the animals' lack of interest in ice cream doesn't necessarily prove there are weight-loss properties in DHEA and fenfluramine.
Fenfluramine is the FEN in the drug Fen/Phen that was taken off the market because of heart valve damage. It's a racemic mixture of the levo- and dextro- enantiomers

Fenfluramine:

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
DHEA is taken for two valid reason (I talking regular DHEA here, not the recent DHEAs that act like test):

Guys over 50 often produce less and can use some minor supplementation, and to suppress cortisol. The dose is around 25 mg for both of these. Suppression of cortisol is one of the areas needed for weight loss.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
The jury is still out on all that DHEA does, both good and bad. I wish people would, especially the medical media, stop trying to provide the final word on a hormone with hundreds of direct and indirect functions in the body.

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
Did nobody pick up the fact that an ingredient from a past anti-obesity drug (Fen/Phen) Fenfluramine is used in conjunction with DHEA? I cringe more at seeing trifluoromethyl in the nomenclature more than any makeup of any designer steroid out currently...

Hmm, taking a proven effective appetite reducing chemical WITH DHEA, and then when the rats don't go for food, all of a sudden coming to the conclusion it may be with the DHEA?? Really people??

That's like taking amphetamine salts and a vitamin together and saying the vitamin may have strong clean stimulating properties... just doesn't make sense to me.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Good responses to this article :thumbsup:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CorpKiller Male Anti-Aging Medicine 8
Supplements 2
Supplements 12
cgoode Supplements 43
Supplements 119